CCSLC Board Technical Issues

On 4/27/2024 at 7:36 PM, BBTV said:

Search feature.  It's never been good, and it never will be.  You do a search, and it returns x pages of results.  If you don't get what you want on the fist page, and click another page, you get "you must wait # seconds before running another search."  FFS - why do the search results show you that there's multiple pages, if you can't actually view them in less than a week?  I'm not b-tching at the mods - I know it's just the forum software - but it's gear grinding, and dissuades anyone from using the search "feature".

also shows the same thread 74 times...

After a few weeks without many incidents, the forums are back to their constant "400 Bad Request" state 😬

Every so often, the forums give me a slight open window to browse and post stuff before randomly shutting down to an error state. I love all the content that's posted on here, but it's so frustrating just how unusable these forums are with all the ads and constant error messages.

On 4/27/2024 at 9:09 AM, BBTV said:

This morning, when accessing the site, I was redirected to:

https://boards.sportslogos.net/admin/install/

with just a blank screen.  Closing all Chrome windows, going into 3rd-party settings and deleting stored data from CCSLC appears to have fixed it.  Just posting the solution in case anyone else is running into same issue this morning (and finding another way to access the site, like through an incognito window or other browser.)

it’s doing this again. Multiple devices / browsers, even after deleting all saved site data and cache. Back up now, but was inaccessible for around 30 mins 

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I’m typing this on incognito mode.

The site went blank again and now shows an “installation error” message. 

I hate seeing this site become gradually unusable.

• Like 1

The board software/hosting people responded that they were indeed having problems these last few weeks; they were aware of it, and (they say) they have been resolved. They caution that users may still experience these issues due to caching, but I just went ahead and cleared all the caching on the CCSLC side of things, so hopefully, that part is resolved. 

I noticed there were a few issues with ads being brought up; I'm constantly trying to reduce the number of ads you see on the site (believe it or not), but sometimes we're just forced into adding them in. There's been a global decrease in online ad revenue over the past nine months, which keeps getting worse, but I've still resisted some of the more in-demand ad spots (popovers, interstitials, large audio on video players, etc.) simply because I don't want this community to be completely overrun with them. Having said all that, if there is a particular set of ads which are a bigger headache than others, I can look into making a change there, but I can't make any promises that it's something we can afford to get rid of.  I also remind you that there is an ad-free experience offered if you want to help out and experience the joy of ad-free boards. I'm also looking into offering complimentary month-to-month ad-free memberships for those who purchase $X amount of sports merchandise per month using our affiliate links (for example, if you spent $100 US in a month using our affiliate link, I'd give you a month of ad-free browsing, just spitballing), but not sure how to best implement such a system -- it would have to be run manually.

If you have any questions about this, please ask, I don't bite.

• Like 2

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.