CCSLC Board Technical Issues

No matter what mobile browser I use, typing is frustrating, because after a couple ofsentences, the thing just keeps jumping around, deleting random spaces, adding random spaces to the beginning of the post. I c    an't quote people because it keeps jumping back to the beginning of what ive been typing and deleting it. Ithas really made using the site less enjoyable. It's been happening for a while, and I just assumed it was my browser.      I'm not sure if there's a fix. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Gotta love the top ad, the bottom ad, the video ad just above the bottom ad, the ad that impedes thread scrolling and visibility, and the ad that appears in the middle of the screen that requires clicking the (x) every time it appears which is every time I open a thread just so I can read said thread.

Listen, I love coming to these forums, but just because some of us don’t pay for the ad-free experience doesn’t mean we should have a miserable ease-of-access experience.

To put it bluntly, :censored: sucks.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Is anybody else receiving an error message when they try to open the forums on Chrome? This is what I get:

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

I'm able to go around this by opening an Incognito window, but this issue persists even when I cleared my cache on the non-Incognito window. I don't think my AdBlock causes this issue, as I experience the same thing on non-Incognito Chrome on my phone, which doesn't have AdBlock.

1 hour ago, TheGiantsFan said:

Is anybody else receiving an error message when they try to open the forums on Chrome? This is what I get:

I'm able to go around this by opening an Incognito window, but this issue persists even when I cleared my cache on the non-Incognito window. I don't think my AdBlock causes this issue, as I experience the same thing on non-Incognito Chrome on my phone, which doesn't have AdBlock.

I've also had this issue for a while now. My phone cannot open the forums or news articles on Chrome unless I go incognito. This is not applicable to other browsers, other devices, or the regular mothership site.

28 minutes ago, fortunat1 said:

I've also had this issue for a while now. My phone cannot open the forums or news articles on Chrome unless I go incognito. This is not applicable to other browsers, other devices, or the regular mothership site.

I'm having no issue on PC or phone using Chrome on both devices. Standard mode, not incognito.

It's where I sit.

• 4 weeks later...

I can't embed images from Flickr, Google Drive, or Tumblr to the forums.  The "insert image from URL" button refuses to accept them.  Grabbing and linking random images from the web works just fine, though.

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

30 minutes ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

I can't embed images from Flickr, Google Drive, or Tumblr to the forums.  The "insert image from URL" button refuses to accept them.  Grabbing and linking random images from the web works just fine, though.

If you use the direct image URL from those sites, you should be able to post the images here.   If it's a personal Google drive, you'll have to host them publicly somewhere to obtain a direct image URL.  The forums do not host photos and any images need to come from elsewhere.

By "use the direct image URL", do you mean copying the hyperlink from the browser, or are you talking about something else?  Because just grabbing the link from the browser hasn't been working.

1 minute ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

By "use the direct image URL", do you mean copying the hyperlink from the browser, or are you talking about something else?  Because just grabbing the link from the browser hasn't been working.

Right-click on the image and select "Copy image address". Paste that directly into the compose/reply box and it should automatically embed. Make sure the address ends in a raster file format (e.g., .jpg or .png).

Okay, Imgur appears to have helped resolve the problem.  Flickr wasn't giving me a "copy image address" option when right-clicking.  Thanks for the help.

• 4 weeks later...

I see the boards are experimenting with full page ads because that’s definitely  what was missing 🙄 

• Top Banner Ads

• Bottom Banner Ads

• Ads above bottom banner ads

• Ads in the middle of scrolling

• Half page ads

• Full page ads

Next up:

• Ads in the text box

• Unskippable ads prompted by clicking the “submit reply” button

• Like 1
  • Eyeroll 1

On 3/22/2024 at 7:58 PM, DCarp1231 said:

I see the boards are experimenting with full page ads because that’s definitely  what was missing 🙄 

• Top Banner Ads

• Bottom Banner Ads

• Ads above bottom banner ads

• Ads in the middle of scrolling

• Half page ads

• Full page ads

Next up:

• Ads in the text box

• Unskippable ads prompted by clicking the “submit reply” button

Yeah, it sucks, but the site is literally gasping for air -- the traffic has remained steady, but we're getting destroyed by scrapers, and the like, which has sent our server fees soaring; while that's happening, what we take in from ads has tanked. So, costs have tripled, and revenue has gone down while maintaining steady traffic.

I pay a lot of money to keep this free site up for everyone; the ads allow that to continue. If you don't like the ads, you can sign up for an ad-free experience for $7 US per month (which is less than a quarter a day!). This helps pay the bills and gives you the ad-free experience you desire.

Ad-Free experience available here: https://www.patreon.com/sportslogos

• Like 6

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

1 hour ago, CC97 said:

Yeah, it sucks, but the site is literally gasping for air -- the traffic has remained steady, but we're getting destroyed by scrapers, and the like, which has sent our server fees soaring; while that's happening, what we take in from ads has tanked. So, costs have tripled, and revenue has gone down while maintaining steady traffic.

I pay a lot of money to keep this free site up for everyone; the ads allow that to continue. If you don't like the ads, you can sign up for an ad-free experience for $7 US per month (which is less than a quarter a day!). This helps pay the bills and gives you the ad-free experience you desire.

Ad-Free experience available here: https://www.patreon.com/sportslogos

If anyone needed a push off the fence, I highly recommend the ad-free experience.  It’s been quite some time now and I’ve had zero complaints. It’s truly a small price to pay, for me. But I know not everyone has been here for 2 decades 😅

All understandable obstacles though, Chris. As someone with very minimal knowledge on servers and site-building, I’m sure I’m not the only one who just doesn’t fully understand everything that goes into it.

• Like 4

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.