Philadelphia Flyers Quietly Unveil Third Jersey

Philadelphia Flyers Quietly Unveil Third Jersey

June 24, 2018 - 01:20 AM

The Philadelphia Flyers appeared to have quietly unveiled their third jersey for the 2018-19 season yesterday via a post to their official Instagram account. The jersey is a direct copy of their 2017 Stadium Series uniform, minus the commemorative patches […]

Read More...

As a Flyers fan, I can say I don't *hate* these.  It's clean striping, not over the top, not BFBS as black is definitely a team-color...  Now, it's not perfect, the black-with-white-outlined numbers are not great, could probably use a little more white in the striping to balance out the colors and hopefully for the indoor games they've made some of the numbers smaller (as the sleeve numbers are too large but were for visibility).  Is it what I'd have gone with?  Not really, I personally liked the cream-darker-orange 3rds (former outdoor uniforms) myself, or if they *had* to go black, do more of a black-recolorization of the primary jerseys, but these are not offensive on the eye (like, say, the gold outlined monstrosities they broke out a few years ago).  

They get a solid C+/B- from me considering they're a 3rd jersey and not a primary.  Doesn't mean the Flyers couldn't find multiple ways to upgrade them, however.

The flyers thing has always been colored shoulders / sleeves. I hate their alts that don’t continue that in some way. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived