Who would you pick?

Retromaniac

Who would you pick  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since I messed up last time, I decided I'd ask. Who would be your choice for the 2012 Olympics? My first choice would be Paris. France, sadly, hasn't had a Summer Olympics since 1924. My second choice would be London, as Britain hasn't had an Olympics since 1948 when it was given the Olympics to make up for the 1944 Olympics scheduled for London, but cancelled due to World War II. My third choice would be Madrid. By then, it will have been a decade since the last Spanish Summer Olympics.

lg2012bn.jpg

lg2012bm2.jpg

lg12bnyc.gif

lg2012bp_en.jpg

It would jam up the city like crazy... but who cares, it's the friggin' Olympics.

NYC most definately.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

NYC so they can build that planned stadium cause it is frickin awesome and the jets deserve a home of their own

That stadium isn't going to get built even if the Olympics go to New York. Honestly, if New York gets the games it will make Athens look good on getting the stuff built becuase nothing gets built in New York without a major fight, especially on the West side of Manhattan.

Considering how America has had both Summer and Winter Olympics recently ('96 and '02), NYC should automatically be out of the running. As for Spain, Barcelona was in '92, meaning it would be 20 years between Spanish games. However, with London and Paris both acting like the Red Sox in not having anything come their way in sooooo long, I'd have to go with one of them. My choice: probably London, since I dislike most everything French.....especially the university course. :cursing:

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

I think London and Paris are the most feasible and thus the best options. However, I live on Long Island and would love to have the Olympics locally in New York City.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

NYC, because NBC can use Studio 8H as their HQ for two weeks, saving $$$ in place of the IBC.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

there shouldn't be a poll and a thread on the same thing

especially considering it asks the same question

Well no, this one is asking where you the user would like to see them go. While the other one is asking where you think it will realistically end up.

Well no, this one is asking where you the user would like to see them go. While the other one is asking where you think it will realistically end up.

Ah well, it's all one now :unsure:

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Ah well, it's all one now :unsure:

Fair enough, but that was not her beef....

Archived