Preview of my redesigned sharks site

Puckguy14

The Teal Town Zone is going to celebrate its 5th Anniversary next season.  A complaint from many fans to the site was, if it's the Teal Town Zone, why is it so grey?  So while in my redesign, I put in teal.  I want ALL of your opinions on it as it is a work in progress between now and opening night...just like Team Teal itself.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

The 3 broken graphics are from the team pogs.  The pogs that I will use are the ones I've been using on my Stanley Cup playoff wallpaper.  One thing I did notice just now. That the entire front page doesnt fit in the browser window.  So I got to fix that up.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Surprised people complained, I liked the previous version quite a bit. Nothing wrong with a fresh update though.

In layout terms the compact presentation is nice. But it looks maybe 15-20 pixels off in height for my screen (1024x768). There is some text overlapping the "Puckguy in the Pool" section making it hard to read. Looks like it's a disclaimer meant for the bottom of the page?

Graphically I like the pinwheel of sharks fins for your new logo. The "halftone" dots surrounding it tie to your distinctive typestyle. Obviously the increased amount of teal should be obvious to those who complained of grayness. (I personally never thought there was too much gray)

One improvement I'd look at would be adding a crisper banner. The arched "Teal Town Zone" text is blurry. Looks almost like it was enlarged from a smaller raster file?

Anyway I'm splitting hairs here. It's GREAT work as always Puckguy. Your enthusiasm for the Sharks is admirable and the results are the best fan based NHL site I know of. :D

*EDIT*

I think bigger margins around the text in the "2003-04" box would increase readabilty tremendously.

I also liked the older version of the site more. I find this new one a bit cluttered. Those stats at the bottom seem to be trying to put too much information in such a small space.

Otherwise, all the new logos are great and the layout is good.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived