Annoyed at "nice clean look" comments

Blue Falcon

cleveland did a good good thing bringing back the orange pants. and for the record, cleveland IS orange and brown. all these other teams just invaded us with blue and red and a little gold. a major change to the browns would most likely be a huge travesty.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am going to defend the All white argument for certain teams..IE Cardinals, Colts, Dolphins, and Jets, but even i think that if you wear white pants and dark jersey at hom, then you should wear dark pants and te white jersey on the road. Certain teams all one color combos work really well, Philadelphia, San Deigo and Cincinnati moreso than others. I would love to see KC pair up the red pants with the home jersey, Oakland add either a silver jersey or black pants or both, and Carolina ditch the silver helmet in favor of the blue.

93-94canucks.jpg

How can you have blue helmets with a blue and black logo?

I'm not going to lean towards "liking" or "disliking" I will only offer my opinion as a race car painter for Online Racing (NASCAR Racing 2003 Season): No one and I mean NO ONE like all white cars/trucks. Only one driver in recent memory has been able to make it look nice..and only because he rubbed other drivers and put black splotches all over it.

Football is a down and dirty sport. Wearing white in my "racing biased" opinion just makes it look like they just were A) Uncreative or B) Too Lazy to come up with better.

Some work, like the Colts..but others don't..like the Cardinals.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

i liked the cardinals all white. it only works if you have a white helmet though. and whomever it was that offered the comment about texas's "ballet" uniforms, is just wrong. burnt orange is a staple down there. burnt orange pants would be cool, but they certainly arent necessary. texas looks good in all white. and "ballet"? the fight song is "ive been working on the railroad" fo crying out loud. UT has a BA color scheme.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I'm not gonna lie here, I like the monouni, one color top and bottom. In HS we'd go Maroon on Maroon for special homegames like homecoming and playoffs, and white on white for special away games.

Now, in College we wore black on black once. We lost big. Never did it again. We'd go Black or Red on White, or White on Black or white on white.

Of course, like some have said, it looks "too HS/college" which I'll buy what your selling. But still, I like it. When the bears went all blue 2 years ago in Champaign, I thought it was cool.

in response to the who can a blue helmet looke with a blue and black logo

Caro_h.jpg

I just did it quick to see what it would look like

Come on.

I think that's ugly, dude. No offense, but I hate blue on blue on blue.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

The Bears are going that way (it seems like they're wearing white more often than blue). Then again, the Chiefs brought back the red pants and I believe the Browns are using orange pants from time to time now. Miami is also wearing aqua pants a lot. I could go on, but I don't feel like it.... Anyway, it seems like there isn't really a trend of teams going all-white, but there's a balance.

I personally can do without the all whites. If anyone saw Ted Washington, Keith Traylor and Big Cat Williams in all white it makes your cringe. All white on big boys is definitely not a good look. I was very happy when Da beloved ones came out in the blue pants against St. Louis this past week.

donm.gif

Gordon-Tech-Rams.png

My take on all-white is that it almost always works with a white helmet and a fairly plain uniform (Penn State, Colts) and it can work with a dark helmet and a uniform that incorporates large sections of dark colors on the white (Broncos, Seahawks, Vikings). It does not, however, work at all with light colored helmets. The Panthers in all-white look just awful, as do Cleveland and Tampa Bay when they wear all-white.

I tend to agree--thus for CFL examples--Stamps, Argos, Roughriders all work

Eskimos--don't...

(although the Stamps don't use all white that often--and the Riders use green pnats or the hideous black most of the time...)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Of course, like some have said, it looks "too HS/college" which I'll buy what your selling. But still, I like it. When the bears went all blue 2 years ago in Champaign, I thought it was cool.

Oh I liked it in Champaign too..........they looked like scrumptious little blueberries as they took it on the chin from Green Bay..............at home...............again.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Eh, it all depends on the team.

Ravens in all-black? Bears in all-blue? Horrible. Broncos in all-blue? It worked.

Likewise the all-white. The Vikings look ok, but the Cardinals look silly.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

What I hate is the freaking Texas Longhorns and their fruity "nothing but white" ballet uniforms. When I think of football, I think of rugged toughness with mud, blood, seat and tears. Not freaking "Twinkle-toes and his purity dance troupe".

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

What are you talking about?

Texas looks great in all white. Burnt orange pants would look ridiculous. Their uni's are simple and classic - perfect as is.

Oh I liked it in Champaign too..........they looked like scrumptious little blueberries as they took it on the chin from Green Bay..............at home...............again.

wow...

Ummm....

Brett Farve is stupid!

SWISH!

wow...

Ummm....

Brett Farve is stupid!

SWISH!

lol! Sorry. I had to. Well, I didn't HAVE to. I just wanted to. Thanks for being a good sport. Like I've said before, anyone proudly typing "BEAR DOWN" after the last few years is alright in my book.

And after Brett retires, I'll probably be typing "GO PACK GO" while they limp to 4-12 finishes for a decade.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

It was VERY strange to see the Redskins show up in all white for a couple of games last year. Thank goodness they never broke out an all burgundy set. I don't expect to see any of that sort of foolishness this year with Joe Gibbs back in the driver's seat!

It was VERY strange to see the Redskins show up in all white for a couple of games last year. Thank goodness they never broke out an all burgundy set. I don't expect to see any of that sort of foolishness this year with Joe Gibbs back in the driver's seat!

Hope they don't go back to wearing white at home, that would be just way too boring. :cursing:

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Hope they don't go back to wearing white at home, that would be just way too boring. :cursing:

The Deadskins I think should use those 75th Anniversary unis. Tey looked cool.

Archived