Seattle Spartans NHL Concept

DawgPacPBH

I'll say it right off the bat; the name is pretty darn generic for a city that has many good name options.That said, despite the name, this is a pretty unique concept!

The Mariners colors are awesome for Seattle. The neon green is a bit too saturated for my taste, but it works just fine. Red or salmon pink could also work in its stead, and then you could have a Metropolitans fauxback :)

I really love that secondary logo! The primary logo's shading could use a bit of work, though. Perhaps remove a lot of the helmet shading, since right now it's hard to read. The face is a bit too wide, IMO.

The jerseys look good; no real complaints there!

Incorporating the city into the branding more would probably help for me, but so far it's a pretty good take on a non-ideal starting point.

First off, presentation is amazing!

Secondly, I agree with what @vtgco said. This would do wonders for a Mich St concept. But it doesn’t scream Seattle. I would clean up the shading and add red, maybe remove black. I like the striping but it seems similar to Anahiem (I’m not a hockey guru so I could be wrong)

Otherwise it’s a good job!

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Great feedback guys!

Do want to say this isn't a real "proposal" in terms of "does it make sense for Seattle's actual NHL team?" It's more just an exploration of branding/presentation, the city could've been anything, probably given away by zero Seattle elements in the branding. 

Twitter: @peteeee

E-Mail: peteschwadel@gmail.com

Dribbble!

Love the use of the real jersey teasers from adidas. 

Colors: good choices, however the neon green mostly looks yellow to me on my phone. 

The Spartan identity doesn’t really fit as others have said. Especially when there’s the Golden Knights (which would be in the same division) and Senators with similar mascots. 

Guest darkpiranha

It's weird how nowadays, you can't just have a random team identity anymore.  We've become so ingrained with region-appropriate branding that it really stands out when something doesn't fit.  To the point where it really affects my ability to judge even concepts.  I'm with everyone else here.  The logo and everything else is GREAT!  But for SEATTLE?  You'd be better off just making it a generic city or a city that Spartans is appropriate for, rather than identifying it so closely with Seattle.  We're just in a new era now.  The days of Lions in Detroit are over...

Nice. Maybe put the Spartan at like a side or 3/4 angle, sort of like the senators logo?

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

Guest darkpiranha
8 hours ago, Silence of the Rams said:

Why. I like this it's a change of pace. Every Seattle team is always associated with the space Needle, Nirvana, fishermen, Fictional birds (Seahawks), and Starbucks coffee that it's time for a change. 

This would actually be a fun series.  Identities that are just Wrong.  It would be like watching those frustration videos where people cut things wrong or misalign things.  How long would it take for people's heads to explode?  The Anchorage Rockets!  New Orleans Blizzard!  Ohio Kracken!  San Diego Minutemen!  Las Vegas King Crabs!  Tampa Bay Lumberjacks!  Boston Camels!  San Antonio Lazers!  Arizona Steel!  Salt Lake Samurai!  Denver Toucans!    

Archived