Clubhouse Rules & Policies

Dynasty

After having visited the Reds Hall of Fame last summer, I learned that the club for a long while, banned players from having any facial hair. This ranged from 1969 to 1999, until then Reds owner Marge Schott, uplifted the ban due to a recently traded for player, Greg Vaughn, refused to shave his goatee.

The Yankees also still have a ban on facial hair to this day, and I'm just wondering about the other kinds of strict rules and policies clubhouses have (or have had). Are there any others?

On 3/26/2019 at 10:43 PM, Dolphins Dynasty said:

After having visited the Reds Hall of Fame last summer, I learned that the club for a long while, banned players from having any facial hair. This ranged from 1969 to 1999, until then Reds owner Marge Schott, uplifted the ban due to a recently traded for player, Greg Vaughn, refused to shave his goatee.

In 1986, Rollie Fingers retired rather than shave his signature handlebar moustache to pitch for the Reds. 

I don't understand adults playing video games, but apparently Phillies players were often playing Fortnight during games last year, which resulted in clubhouse arguments and at least one TV smashed by Carlos Santana.

The club has since implemented policies against gaming during games.

Can't we go back to the good old days when players did coke and steroids in the clubhouse during games? 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

20 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I don't understand adults playing video games, but apparently Phillies players were often playing Fortnight during games last year, which resulted in clubhouse arguments and at least one TV smashed by Carlos Santana.

The club has since implemented policies against gaming during games.

Can't we go back to the good old days when players did coke and steroids in the clubhouse during games? 

During a game, you should be sat on the bench unless you're on the DL. I'd be smashing stuff up too. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Yeah.  Good on Santana.  

I think he was playing... and got beat.  Not smashing it to stop others.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

“I see a couple players — I don’t want to say names — they play video games during the game,” Santana told ESPN. “We come and lose too many games, and I feel like they weren’t worried about it. Weren’t respecting their teammates or coaches or the staff or the [front] office. It’s not my personality. But I’m angry because I want to make it good.”

https://deadspin.com/carlos-santana-smashed-a-tv-with-a-bat-because-the-phil-1833372419

Looks like he was pissed at the players for dicking around. 

Ah.  Good work by him, though maybe he should have spent more time hitting balls in cages rather than hitting TVs in clubhouses. 

Archived