Tampa Bay Rays -> Carolina Pilots relocation

dgnmrwrw

I prefer the single tier road script compared to the double tier, but they both look good. I like the addition of the ray on the home. I pick the yellow outline on both. So row 1 for all columns and either column 2 or 3 for the road, either works

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like this concept a lot.

I remember as a kid, when I'd go see Tigers, Indians, or White Sox games they all seemed to always play the Devil Rays, so I grew found of their uniforms because to me they looked so different then anyone else because of the green, yellow, and blue they used. 

So any return to that is applauded by me.

On a side note, is it me, or does Tampa Bay struggle the most out of any city across all it's sports to really craft identifies, because they all seem to start with a truly unique look (for better or worse) but then after a few seasons, regress to a more traditional look in line with the rest of the league they're in? (I know the Bucs are a bit of an exception)

Looking at the Bucs going from the orange creamsicle unis (which I personally love) to the more neutered red and pewter, Rays going from the eccentric colors to a definition of boring with navy, and the Lightning (which I love their current logo, but hate the boring unis) going from their 08-11 unis to essentially a copy of the Maple Leafs.

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

Thanks for the feedback guys. Back with what I hope is a nearly complete uniform set. Still not sure about the home alternate (specifically, the purple sleeves) and the non-italicized numbers. Input would be appreciated.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

OK, a few quick home alternate options. I think I'm leaning toward the solid sea foam green jersey. I do think using the TB mark makes for a better alternate. I may try to incorporate a ray into it. Not sure yet. Feedback would be welcome.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

Ok, so it's been a LONG while, but I think I've settled on a final uniform set. I may go back and cook up a "Sunday alternate" or something like that, but for now I'm happy with how this turned out. I went with sea foam for the home alternate, just because I love the unique color. I talked myself into the traditional MLB block numbers. I agree that they make the overall set feel a bit more tame (stomachable?).

Thoughts and feedback welcome. I've been kicking around a brand new idea for this concept, concerning the nature (and location) of the franchise itself. I hope to show that soon.

HCWC9cb.png

qY2DM7e.png

U5e6xHg.png

PLX5tfn.png

Archived