Machine Gun Kelly wants your help

Machine Gun Kelly wants your help designing a new logo for him.  Allegedly he will pay a sack of money emoji amount of cash for it.

Current logo is: Image

His tweet with all the info is below, I added a Spoiler cause he uses some NSFW language

90758391980.gif

"I want a lot of designers to spend their time and work on logos for me, but only want to pay for one".

I despise "contests" for logos. Hire someone with a solid portfolio that you enjoy to do your logo. Coincidentally, a "rapper" I went to high school had his "big break" opening for MGK for a show one time. He did the exact same thing looking for a logo a while back. I successfully convinced him that he'd get a better result by paying me a flat fee than outsourcing for a contest. Finalized the logo with him, had to hound him for months for the money he owed me.

• 3 weeks later...

I had no idea who this person is.  I watched the video and I still don't.  

Pony up some cash and hire a designer.  Or stop making music and get a job in accounting somewhere.  Either works for me. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be interested to see how the public would view a contest if he said "fans write me a song and I'll sing it and I can make a ton of money off it." 

Nothing is more frustrating than how undervalued our profession is. Seems like anyone nowadays can drop some filter on a photo, call it an "edit" and claim to be a designer. 

Archived