Panera Bread New Logo

LEWJ

• 4 weeks later...

Saw the new logo at the Panera by my house today. They're currently remodeling it (adding in a drive thru, among other things), and they changed the signage on the building to the new logo.

(And my chip bag had the new logo, too, for the record. 😋)

IeHVybT.png

That's a nice refresh. The "Bread" section is cleaner without the oval and with the sans-serif letters. The new "Panera" wordmark has cleaner letters while maintaining the spirit of the old. They didn't change (outside of a recolor) the picture part of the logo.

I admit, I was scared when I saw the title that I'd see a new minimalist logo, but I'm glad I didn't.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

5 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

That's a nice refresh. The "Bread" section is cleaner without the oval and with the sans-serif letters. The new "Panera" wordmark has cleaner letters while maintaining the spirit of the old. They didn't change (outside of a recolor) the picture part of the logo.

I admit, I was scared when I saw the title that I'd see a new minimalist logo, but I'm glad I didn't.

I think you’re looking at the last logo change. The person is different and the font changed again on the new one.

da0Lbhs.png

1 hour ago, cajunaggie08 said:

How bad must a city's image be when a company founded as St Louis Bread Co decides to use a new name for their national expansion?

Except that's not what happened at all. Au Bon Pain, a Boston bakery that had locations across the East Coast, purchased Saint Louis Bread Company and changed both bakeries into Panera Bread Company to expand their combined brand further.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

On 10/24/2019 at 1:32 PM, Maroon said:

Except that's not what happened at all. Au Bon Pain, a Boston bakery that had locations across the East Coast, purchased Saint Louis Bread Company and changed both bakeries into Panera Bread Company to expand their combined brand further.

Recently, 2017, it appears as if Panera bought Au Bon Pain, and are converting some locations to Panera locations. 

21 hours ago, kmccarthy27 said:

Recently, 2017, it appears as if Panera bought Au Bon Pain, and are converting some locations to Panera locations. 

It's complicated how it happened.

So Au Bon Pain purchased St. Louis Bread Company back in 1993 and renamed it to Panera. The Au Bon Pain franchise was then sold to another company so that the owners (the founders of Au Bon Pain) could focus on Panera and grow that brand, which had more potential. In 2017 JAB Holding Company (a German company) purchased Panera Bread, and since then has also acquired the original Au Bon Pain franchise to reunite the companies again, and all of the Au Bon Pain locations are being rebranded as Panera Bread as well.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

Looks like a nice update. The old logo always had a Microsoft ClipArt vibe to me.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

• 1 year later...

Archived