City franchises mashup logos

wences

Hello! I just want to start a concept topic about a mashup of logos of the franchises from each city. The result will be a logo for each city (in NY and LA two logos) representing the NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL and MLS teams. So, this is the first one: Los Angeles (part I).

-City: Los Angeles

-Colours: Los Angeles Lakers colours (purple (#552583 ) and gold (#fdb927)

-LA letters from the Los Angeles Lakers jersey logo

-Ram head from the Los Angeles Rams logo

-'Los Angeles' name from the Los Angeles Dodgers jersey logo

-Baseball from the Los Angeles Dodgers logo

-Crown from the Los Angeles Kings logo

-Shape from the LA Galaxy logo

Thank you for your time here.

Los-Angeles1.png

whereicomefrom.png

One of my favorite threads of all time centered around this same exact concept. I remember @kevinmets started it and I believe it was @Firefly who contributed and finalized many of the logos. I did some digging and found the thread. Turns out it was started in 2010(!), crazy how time do that. It took around five years of off and on posting from different members and the two mentioned above to "finish" the series. But hell, 10 years have passed since the start of that one and there have been many changes since then. I'm actually really excited to see this again.

Onto the LA logo itself: the quality is very nice, but the execution is lacking. The individual logos seem to be haphazardly placed on the Galaxy shield, with no real purpose. For example, if I were to rearrange things, I would "hang" the Kings crown off the top of the shield and have the Lakers' "LA" placed in the middle. For the Dodgers, only one element is needed, the baseball or the script, choose one and go with it. The Rams logo seems awkwardly cut off and I'd argue that you don't even need the full head; the horn should be enough (maybe have it placed under the "LA" and have it wrap around the inside of the shield?) 

There are a lot of options out there and the logo as a whole would look better if each individual logo served a specific purpose. 

Thank you for your opinions!

He were go with another one: Los Angels (part II)

-City: Los Angeles

-Colours: Los Angeles Clippers colours (red (#c8102e) and blue (#1d428a)

-'Los Angeles' name from the Los Angeles Clippers former jersey logo

-Los Angeles Chargers logo

-Duck mask from Anaheim Mighty Ducks former misc logo

-Wings from Los Angeles Angels former logo

-Shape from Los Angeles FC logo

Los-Angeles2.png

whereicomefrom.png

I like how you put all of LA's "second teams" in the same logo. And the relationships between the elements in that one are far superior to the first one you posted. It's clear why you put things where you did, and you can see how they connect to the other elements. Take the lessons learnt from making the second logo and apply them to the first.

rATMcmK.png

Let's go again!

-City: Boston

-Colours: Boston Red Sox red (#bd3039) and blue (#192c55)

-Shape of Boston Bruins' crest

-'Boston' name from Boston Red Sox jersey logo

-Boston Celtics' shamrock

-New England Patriots' former alternative hat logo

-Tree from the New England's flag (used in the New England Revolution's uniforms)

Boston.png

whereicomefrom.png

24 minutes ago, Whittier S said:

The Bruins' wheel/crest in red, white, and blue looks deeply and ironically like a Union Jack.

Nothing is left to chance...

New England, but also the Irish shamrock. And the Union Jack colours aren't in that disposition (and the design is a little diferent for sure).

whereicomefrom.png

And now:

-City: San Francisco

-Colours: San Francisco 49ers' red ( #aa0000 ) and Golden State Warriors gold ( #fdb927 )

-Shape of the Warriors crest

-San Francisco Giants' wordmark

-San Francisco Giants' cap logo

-San Francisco 49ers' former alternative logo

San-Francisco.png

whereicomefrom.png

They're looking better. I can tell by the pattern of the city name being placed at the bottom that you're going for more of a logo based on the sports teams in that area, as opposed to taking different elements from each logo to create a "standalone" logo.

It's easier to explain with examples:

s-l300.jpgImage result for st louis cardinals blues rams"

This was the original Boston logo done by one of the two guys I mentioned above. There are so many variations of it online (being sold on t-shirts and stickers, too; people will steal anyone's work these days...) but I know the original came from here. Years ago, when I was still living in my hometown and the Rams hadn't packed up and left for the coast, the St. Louis logo was sold on t-shirts at mall kiosks. 

I know I'm straying from my point with the small rant on stolen work. I just wanted to share these two examples and they were way too easy to find via a quick Google search. To circle back: Your way is great as well. It definitely provides a different challenge in deciding on a color scheme and recoloring those logos in a way that fits the piece. 

Just thought I'd share that so that my comments and critiques match what you're trying to accomplish. 

For Boston, I'd move the shamrock so that it's directly in the middle of the spokes. The Boston wordmark can be moved down slightly. Or, perhaps use the Redsox' iconic B logo as the center hub, just like the Bruins B. Though it does suck that the Celtics don't have a nice "Boston" script like they do their nickname. 

San Francisco seems too Golden State heavy. What if you used the Warriors' bridge on top of the 49ers oval from their primary logo? 

On 11/23/2019 at 7:02 AM, Heitert said:

They're looking better. I can tell by the pattern of the city name being placed at the bottom that you're going for more of a logo based on the sports teams in that area, as opposed to taking different elements from each logo to create a "standalone" logo.

It's easier to explain with examples:

s-l300.jpgImage result for st louis cardinals blues rams"

This was the original Boston logo done by one of the two guys I mentioned above. There are so many variations of it online (being sold on t-shirts and stickers, too; people will steal anyone's work these days...) but I know the original came from here. Years ago, when I was still living in my hometown and the Rams hadn't packed up and left for the coast, the St. Louis logo was sold on t-shirts at mall kiosks. 

I know I'm straying from my point with the small rant on stolen work. I just wanted to share these two examples and they were way too easy to find via a quick Google search. To circle back: Your way is great as well. It definitely provides a different challenge in deciding on a color scheme and recoloring those logos in a way that fits the piece. 

Just thought I'd share that so that my comments and critiques match what you're trying to accomplish. 

For Boston, I'd move the shamrock so that it's directly in the middle of the spokes. The Boston wordmark can be moved down slightly. Or, perhaps use the Redsox' iconic B logo as the center hub, just like the Bruins B. Though it does suck that the Celtics don't have a nice "Boston" script like they do their nickname. 

San Francisco seems too Golden State heavy. What if you used the Warriors' bridge on top of the 49ers oval from their primary logo? 

Thank you for your input, Heitert. Those two guys did a great work, but I don't try to do something similar.

I'm ok with the San Francisco logo. In the Boston one, I change the colour of the shamrock, I think it looks better:

Boston.png

whereicomefrom.png

And, another one, Miami:

-Colours: black, blue, pink and white from Miami Heat "Vice City" uniform colours

-Florida Panthers' crest shape

-Two panthers from Florida Panthers alternative logo

-Dolphin from Miami Dolphins logo

-Firey ball from Miami Heat logo

-"Miami" name from Miami Marlins name

-Sun from Inter Miami crest

Miami.png

whereicomefrom.png

Archived