sawakita33

G League Uniform Concepts (Austin Toros and South Bay Lakers v2 added!)

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone! I'll be posting my G League uniform concepts here. I doubt I'll finish them all but I'll try my best 😅. I've been really disappointed with the branding and aesthetics of G League teams. They have the same colors and worse team names as their parent clubs which doesn't give them unique identities. The generic uniforms don't exactly help either.

 

My goal is to make the G League uniforms better than their parent clubs 😀. They will use a different set of colors inspired by their NBA counterpart's history. But I will make use of their current logos and wordmarks so the teams would still feel familiar. I really liked what the WNBA has done with their color on color matchups so I would also apply that here.

 

Enough with the blabbering and lets get to the concepts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

First up, we have the Northern Arizona Suns. This is probably not the best example as the colors are still the same as its NBA counterpart's. But the Suns haven't really had any other color scheme except for the ugly gray ones. The design is obviously inspired by their most popular jersey and updated to use NAZ branding. The waist logo is the Arizona flag which was also used in the Suns's current city jerseys. 

 

Although it's not exactly unique from its parent team, I'd say that these are way better than Phoenix' uniforms. What do you guys think?

rRiT5Kd.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those are sweet. I'm intrigued to see how the other clubs are going to look.

 

Will be following this for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Off to a great start! Will you do a white uniform for every team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to the rest!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like these! Only thing I'd fix is the ball itself: it doesn't convey motion in the way it should. If you change the line placing to better resemble the parent club, you'll see what I mean: the lines are key in conveying the forward motion that helps the rest of the lines fully complete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the feedback! 😄

 

On 3/16/2020 at 8:10 AM, edjb93 said:

Off to a great start! Will you do a white uniform for every team?

I wasn't planning on doing so because people in this forum seem to really like color on color NBA matchups. So I imagined the G League having violet vs. light green, pink vs. teal etc. etc..

 

13 hours ago, QCS said:

I really like these! Only thing I'd fix is the ball itself: it doesn't convey motion in the way it should. If you change the line placing to better resemble the parent club, you'll see what I mean: the lines are key in conveying the forward motion that helps the rest of the lines fully complete.

I rotated the ball to the left because I have to preserve the north pointing arrow. And you're right it does look better! Thanks for the suggestion man 🙂

 

So here is the updated sunburst along with a white version. Hope you guys like it:

 

96lxmgd.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly the parent club should adopt those. I’m looking forward to see what you do with my Raptors!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, that does looks better. Well done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad you like it! 😁

 

23 hours ago, timberwolf said:

Honestly the parent club should adopt those. I’m looking forward to see what you do with my Raptors!

I'll try to move 905 up my list 😉

 

Speaking of violet vs. light green, here is Wisconsin Herd. I based it on the 86/87 Bucks uniforms because I really like the combination of the shades of green. Of course there should be the rainbow pattern on the sides which its parent club also currently has. With a unique color scheme, these uniforms give the Herd its own identity while still connecting it with the Bucks.

qQHRp5F.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those are beautiful. I’d even consider buying one, and I’m from Toronto!

 

I’m trying to nitpick and I can’t really find anything that I’d change. Although, maybe a splash of red would look nice, while also tying in the history of the parent club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How would it look to make the wordmark and number white-light green-white on the dark green jersey to match the side detail and to maintain the pattern the other two share 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, sawakita33 said:

Glad you like it! 😁

 

I'll try to move 905 up my list 😉

 

Speaking of violet vs. light green, here is Wisconsin Herd. I based it on the 86/87 Bucks uniforms because I really like the combination of the shades of green. Of course there should be the rainbow pattern on the sides which its parent club also currently has. With a unique color scheme, these uniforms give the Herd its own identity while still connecting it with the Bucks.

qQHRp5F.png


I'll never understand why a team doesn't embrace green like this. Love it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again, thanks for the comments. It means a lot. 🙂 

  

On 3/19/2020 at 8:35 AM, Blindsay said:

I feel like in the future, maybe a city uniform that matches their parent club?

I probably don't have the time to do it because I have to create all NBA teams' uniforms 😅. But adding city jerseys seems like a good idea. 🤔

 

On 3/19/2020 at 7:10 AM, kb105 said:

How would it look to make the wordmark and number white-light green-white on the dark green jersey to match the side detail and to maintain the pattern the other two share 

Here ya go:
zBpf7HL.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2020 at 11:27 PM, sawakita33 said:

So I imagined the G League having violet vs. light green, pink vs. teal etc. etc..

 

For team pink, we have the Sioux Fall Skyforce! I used the Miami Floridians color scheme because the Vice branding is too tied up to the Heat. And it doesn't hurt that the colors apparently look like the current Miami palette. I kept the design simple, much like the Floridians' jerseys. The waist logo came from the Sioux Falls Flag. I'm not really feeling the pink uniform but the white and black ones look really sharp.

 

UjVHtfA.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sioux Falls, along with the rest, look amazing. I would love to see a version of the Skyforce with full vice colors. Great Job!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Punchy_Gungus said:

Sioux Falls, along with the rest, look amazing. I would love to see a version of the Skyforce with full vice colors. Great Job!

 

I agree. If you added the Vice City palette, the set would be perfect. The design is already sweet, but sky blue would make it amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2020 at 10:39 AM, sawakita33 said:

Glad you like it! 😁

 

I'll try to move 905 up my list 😉

 

Speaking of violet vs. light green, here is Wisconsin Herd. I based it on the 86/87 Bucks uniforms because I really like the combination of the shades of green. Of course there should be the rainbow pattern on the sides which its parent club also currently has. With a unique color scheme, these uniforms give the Herd its own identity while still connecting it with the Bucks.

qQHRp5F.png


This is pretty much exactly what I was recently thinking the Herd should do. Great job!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.