Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

colortv, what exact response are you looking to get from anyone?  It doesn't seem like you'll accept anyone's opinion, no matter how much they explain why they feel a certain way.  Can't people just like different things than you?  And how can you accuse people of "following you around this thread", when you're literally every other post?  You're the follower.

I'm not sure what point this thread serves anymore.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

I don't think TruColor has the color values of an old painting. The main complaint I see with the Rams new colors is the yellow on the uniforms. That is the yellow that doesn't match the uniforms in the painting. The yellow they use in print & digital marketing is fine. But they chose poorly when translating that to textile on the uniforms.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think teams do account for this in their color schemes? I thought I have seen color scheme sheets (I don’t know what they’re officially called) where they’ll have their main colors and then slight variations for those colors depending on the application. 

Like the Cowboys shade of silver they use for the helmets is what they officially declare to be one of their two main colors, but they actually use two different silvers for their jerseys and pants. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

9 minutes ago, BBTV said:

colortv, what exact response are you looking to get from anyone?  It doesn't seem like you'll accept anyone's opinion, no matter how much they explain why they feel a certain way.  Can't people just like different things than you?  And how can you accuse people of "following you around this thread", when you're literally every other post?  You're the follower.

I'm not sure what point this thread serves anymore.

I accept everyone's opinion whether they like or dislike something. We're just having a discussion. That's what we're here for right?

I'm just asking for the logic behind people's thinking.

You seem to be singling me out because you don't agree with "my side" of the debate. One could just as easily say the same thing about "don't care". In fact I'd say he's been much more abrasive in his posting than I have.

Also, take a good look at the thread. It's people quoting me, and me responding. Not the other way around.

22 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

I don't think TruColor has the color values of an old painting. The main complaint I see with the Rams new colors is the yellow on the uniforms. That is the yellow that doesn't match the uniforms in the painting. The yellow they use in print & digital marketing is fine. But they chose poorly when translating that to textile on the uniforms.

I'm not talking about the painting. I'm talking about the apparent color difference in the color values posted and how the sol color appears different in pictures of the uniforms in comparison.

23 hours ago, colortv said:

You know it's odd, I'm looking at this post on both a PC and an iphone, and the "new" sol gold color looks much brighter and yellowish on my iphone compared to PC. Either way, it looks closer to the painting than the old colors from what I can see.

The yellows are not the same, they’re not even close my dude. You can tell not just by the color splotches you posted, but basically watch any highlight video or photos from any Rams’ game this season when compared to the last few years. 

I will say, if you’re having difficulty spotting the difference, it’s not necessarily your fault. I don’t know your age or gender, but I do know that men in general have more difficulty seeing more shades of color than woman and that it worsens as you age. Don’t know if that applies to you, but thought it could be useful. 

If you can find it, the RGB number values will show that there is a significant difference between the yellows. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Just now, Rockstar Matt said:

The yellows are not the same, they’re not even close my dude. You can tell not just by the color splotches you posted, but basically watch any highlight video or photos from any Rams’ game this season when compared to the last few years. 

I will say, if you’re having difficulty spotting the difference, it’s not necessarily your fault. I don’t know your age or gender, but I do know that men in general have more difficulty seeing more shades of color than woman and that it worsens as you age. Don’t know if that applies to you, but thought it could be useful. 

If you can find it, the RGB number values will show that there is a significant difference between the yellows. 

I was not referring to the color palettes in comparison to the actual uniforms.

I'm talking about the color palette posted in comparison to the painting.

18 minutes ago, colortv said:

Everything, good or bad, whether it becomes traditional or not, starts "at some point".

Gradients aren't new. Did you forget the 90s happened? 

19 minutes ago, colortv said:

So basically, "I don't like gradients".

No, not at all. Please bother to read my posts if you're going to respond to them. 

Drop shadow numbers have been around for so long they're an accepted part of traditional sports aesthetics. Multiple classic teams use or have used them. 

Gradients came about in the 90s, had a brief run as a trendy gimmick, and then vanished until Nike decided to resurrect the trend with the Rams and Falcons' unis. 

21 minutes ago, colortv said:

Just because drop shadow has been around longer has nothing to do with whether it will be retained long term or not if the fans take a liking to it.

That's not what I said. 

What I said is that drop shadow has been around for so long it's part of the visual DNA of sports design. Gradient hasn't. Therefore one is just a style of font, the other is a gimmick. 

People seem to be confused so let me clarify.

I believe THESE, the "new" sol color, and the gold in the painting, look "similar"

bca61d64cf359582ea8f50218c3cab88.jpg

048e251e19ec517b2dabce6509844f0d.png

I don't believe the color palette posted above, purporting to be what the Rams are actually wearing, looks anything like this and I'm curious why:

GettyImages-1278714332-4x3-1.jpg?w=1024

17 minutes ago, colortv said:

I'm just asking for the logic behind people's thinking.

That's all well and good except, at least in my case, you seem to misunderstanding and (I hope) unintentionally misrepresenting my point. 

You sometimes come off that like one guy who would post questions like "how could anyone like grey facemasks?" or "how could anyone like the Bucs' creamsicle uniforms?" before badgering people who disagreed with him. 

I get that 1) the Rams are your team and 2) you like their new uniforms, but you don't need to interrogate everyone who says they don't like them. 

8 minutes ago, IceCap said:

That's all well and good except, at least in my case, you seem to misunderstanding and (I hope) unintentionally misrepresenting my point. 

You sometimes come off that like one guy who would post questions like "how could anyone like grey facemasks?" or "how could anyone like the Bucs' creamsicle uniforms?" before badgering people who disagreed with him. 

I get that 1) the Rams are your team and 2) you like their new uniforms, but you don't need to interrogate everyone who says they don't like them. 

I actually don't particularly like the uniforms, but I don't particularly dislike them either aside from the bone color/uniform.

I do think the new colors are superior to the old ones.

I'm somewhat indifferent to the overall design. It's just that most of this thread since the introduction seems to be a groupthink situation with most people posting "they suck, the Rams have no idea what they're doing, worst uniforms ever made, the world needs to burn them etc" and I'm just curious as to the actual logic behind that because I don't think they're "horrible". 

46 minutes ago, colortv said:

I'm somewhat indifferent to the overall design. It's just that most of this thread since the introduction seems to be a groupthink situation with most people posting "they suck, the Rams have no idea what they're doing, worst uniforms ever made, the world needs to burn them etc" and I'm just curious as to the actual logic behind that because I don't think they're "horrible". 

No *I* need to have the last word!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, colortv said:

It's just that most of this thread since the introduction seems to be a groupthink situation with most people posting "they suck, the Rams have no idea what they're doing, worst uniforms ever made, the world needs to burn them etc" and I'm just curious as to the actual logic behind that because I don't think they're "horrible". 

Two things.

The first is that "a lot of people have an opinion I don't like" doesn't mean it's groupthink. There was a similar conversation here a year or so ago and I used the example of an art gallery. Say we're all at one, and there's some post-modern piece up on the wall. Maybe you like it, but the four other people around you dislike it. You're not being "talked down" or "surrounded by groupthink" in that situation. All that's happening is that you've got five people looking at a painting, and four dislike it.

I know that it's not always fun to have the minority opinion- and sometimes that makes you feel like you've gotta fight for it- but holding the minority viewpoint doesn't mean those in the majority are "wrong" or "misguided" in any way.

The second is what @BBTV said and deleted, but which I'll say. There are hundreds of pages of people explaining why they don't like the Rams' uniforms. You are not obliged to agree with them, but you can't say that you don't understand at this point. People have explained why.

• IceCap locked this topic

Archived