Futures Football League (Schedule Posters start on p. 4--April 6)

WideRight

I think the G-Men helmets should just feature the badge from the primary.  Would be a nice clean look.

The Explorers are A+

Not for nothing, but I like the secondary for San Diego and Orlando more than the primary.  Good work.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I could make up some Slogans for these teams:

Surf: SHREAD LIKE A CHAMP

Bulldozers: PLOW THROUGH THEM ALL
Explorers: GO WHERE NO ONE WENT BEFORE

G-Men(or whatever the names gonna be): YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO GET LOUD.
Good Work, Excited to see where it goes

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

The Futures Football League is ready to announce the 2nd set of 4 franchises for its inaugural season.  This will include 2 reboots of designs I have used for other projects and 2 brand new concepts.  The 4 franchises will represent Chicago, Atlanta, Sacramento and Washington D.C.  First up, Chicago. 

CHICAGO MACHINE

Head Coach:Jim Caldwell

Pro Mentor:Devin Hester

Stadium: Seatgeek Stadium (20,000)

Civic pride (with tongue firmly planted in cheek) is the focus of the Chicago Machine design.  Based on the famous red star flag of the city and named after two of the city's mainstays, heavy industry and political shenanigans, the Machine represent the heart of the Second City.  The gears of power and the gears of industry combine to form the main logo, a 6-pointed star inside a C made of a gear wheel.  The team colors of Skyline blue, Red Star and Navy Pier reflect the history and culture of the city as well, from the colors of the city flag to the navy shared with the Chicago Bears.  This is a blue collar, lunchpail, hard working team that will embrace the best and the toughest elements of the city. 

spacer.png 

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 3/29/2020 at 10:02 AM, WideRight said:

4th Franchise of FFL Revealed:   New Jersey goes Old School (and may face litigation) with the New Jersey G-Men

Sporting black, silver and royal uniforms, and a logo which feels more "Untouchables" than modern law enforcement, the G-Men are taking a chance.  Well, two chances really. They are counting on the fact that the New York Giants have never officially trademarked "G-Men" as a nickname for their team, and they are counting on the mystique and allure of everything from 1920's prohibition era lawmen to Men in Black.  The logo features an agent prominently displaying a NJ badge, while the uniforms use a subtle blue pinstripe motif (in the numbers, side panels, pant striping, etc.) to enhance a largely black and silver look.   Whether this gambit will pay off for the FFL is up in the air, but as looks go, it may just work. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

this is probably the first concept you have posted on this board that didn’t win me over. Something about this one just screams minor league and I’m not a fan.. however, I love the rest of your work and can’t wait to see this league get up and running over on the alternate history board. 

6on7h5.jpg

THE Xtreme Fantasy Football League

Looks great, but there's a few small issues. The cogs of the Chicago logo aren't evenly spaced, and the stroke on the gears isn't consistent. Plus the uniforms seem a bit too conservative for a name like 'Machine'. Still a solid concept and a great series, as always.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

The 6th FFL Franchise will call our national capital home.  The design is a tribute to our soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines, a design that takes its cue from the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Arlington.  The colors include the gold found on many service uniforms as well as in medals won by our brave armed forces personnel.  The green is a tribute to the Army, the Blue to the Navy.  The repeated stars and stripes motif will be a secondary feature of all aspects of team branding, and combines the military theme with the flag of the District of Columbia.  Finally, the secondary logo features the Washington Monument, one of the city's most recognizable landmarks. 

One quick note about the logo.  The saluting soldier is based off of a piece of clipart created by someone going by "Sahr" and was found on FAVPNG.com.  Credit where credit is due.  This design does not exist without their work to create a full figure saluting serviceman. 

WASHINGTON SENTINELS

Head Coach:Greg Norman

Pro Mentor: Brian Orakpo

Stadium: Audi Stadium (20,000)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And the 3rd of this wave of 4:  Sacramento.   Decided to repurpose one of my all-time favorite designs.  Black with neon pink and orange.  The California Condors play in Sacramento but use the state name to align with the name of the massive bird of prey.  Lots of black, white collar to imitate the white ruff on a condor's neck, and then hints of neon.  Not a new design, but one which should fit right in with the FFL. 

CALIFORNIA CONDORS (Sacramento)

Head Coach: Hue Jackson

Pro Mentor:Andrew Luck

Stadium: Hornet Stadium (21,500)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Continuing my slogans:

Machine: We Have a Drive.

Sentinels: March Into Battle

Condors: TIME TO SOAR.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

57 minutes ago, WideRight said:

I love these, but I might change "Scavenge"  to "Time to Soar"

Will you make t shirts of these, everytime one of these teams make the playoffs?

spacer.pngspacer.png

11 minutes ago, BengalErnst said:

Can I ask where you got the template for these jerseys and helmets?  Great work. Always loved your condors team.

BengalErnst,

I made the templates for the helmets from photos of helmets or online images of helmet designs.  The jersey I believe I made from scratch, but the pants and socks I believe come from other templates on this messageboard.  A bit of a piecemeal approach.  

OK Folks, Phase 2 is coming to a close.  Here is the 4th franchise, Austin, Texas.  I decided on Austin over other Texas cities because they are a very underrepresented city in the world of sports, a real boomtown economically and culturally, and because they will have a perfect stadium built for FC Austin so why not piggyback on that instead of an oversized stadium in San Antonio (Alamodome) or trying to compete with lots of other teams in Dallas or Houston. 

Remembering that neither the AAF or XFL exist in this alternate history (Major players of both are involved in the FFL, including McMahon, Ebersol, Polian and Luck), I decided to tweek an XFL identity.  So, instead of the Houston Roughnecks, we have the Austin Drillers.  You will see what I borrowed from the Roughnecks immediately, but there is also a bit of a UT influence in Austin and their secondary is an old logo I have used for years for other teams named the Drillers (Oklahoma, usually).  

Next up, our final 4 cities.  I am pretty sure Atlanta will be in that group, pretty sure St. Louis will make the cut as well.  Out west I need 1 more team and I am leaning towards Denver.  The central needs one more and I love New Orleans as an option (No MLB, NHL or MLS, and a great new stadium at Tulane) but I am having trouble deciding what kind of theme to go with for New Orleans (Gators? Pirates? Riverboat?).  

So, I will take suggestions on St. Louis identity, New Orleans identity, and a good option for a western team (Denver? Portland? SLC? Bay Area? Phoenix?)  

But for now, here is Texas's lone founding team, the Austin Drillers.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

29 minutes ago, WideRight said:

BengalErnst,

I made the templates for the helmets from photos of helmets or online images of helmet designs.  The jersey I believe I made from scratch, but the pants and socks I believe come from other templates on this messageboard.  A bit of a piecemeal approach.  

Damn. It’s a great template. I was hoping to get it for my start up league as well. 

6on7h5.jpg

THE Xtreme Fantasy Football League

Archived