The Old-Continent League of American Football project (All teams added, NOW IN BEHANCE! )

Josef_Bretones

The dragon scale pattern, the D logo, the primary logo, the number font, the dark green helmet. All those elements are bringing you to an A+ set for the Dragons.

The corsairs set is also great. I love the gold tooth on the logo and the color sheme rocks.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello guys.
It took me a little longer than I wanted but I am bringing you a new team: the Glasgow GAELICS.
This team serves a bit of representation from across Scotland. This was not the first name that occurred to me. For a time I called them Glasgow Bagpipers. But after a while I thought it didn't seem like a name with much personality. I thought about reflecting what the Celtics do in the NBA: representing Irish culture and it occurred to me to transfer that to the Gaelicos. The colors however have always been these. Since in my mind they are colors that reflect very well the idea of Scotland: blue as its flag and green as its mountains. It took me a while to find a font that I liked for the wordmark. I wanted something that reminded me of the usual Celtic, Gaelic or Elvish fonts but with while being modern. Finally I decided to customize it by myself. Of course for the shoulders I applied a Scottish pattern.
The Gaelics play at the Highlands Arena.

Mood board:

Gaelics-CCSLC-1.jpg

Logos, wormarks, numbers, and slogan:

Gaelics-CCSLC-2.jpg

Uniforms and helmet:

Gaelics-CCSLC-3.jpg

Alternate uniform and helmet:

Gaelics-CCSLC-4.jpg

C&c welcome!

ALL-MEDALS-LOGOLYMPIAD-X.png

Guest darkpiranha
1 hour ago, Josef_Bretones said:

Hello guys.
It took me a little longer than I wanted but I am bringing you a new team: the Glasgow GAELICS.
This team serves a bit of representation from across Scotland. This was not the first name that occurred to me. For a time I called them Glasgow Bagpipers. But after a while I thought it didn't seem like a name with much personality. I thought about reflecting what the Celtics do in the NBA: representing Irish culture and it occurred to me to transfer that to the Gaelicos. The colors however have always been these. Since in my mind they are colors that reflect very well the idea of Scotland: blue as its flag and green as its mountains. It took me a while to find a font that I liked for the wordmark. I wanted something that reminded me of the usual Celtic, Gaelic or Elvish fonts but with while being modern. Finally I decided to customize it by myself. Of course for the shoulders I applied a Scottish pattern.
The Gaelics play at the Highlands Arena.

Mood board:

Gaelics-CCSLC-1.jpg

Logos, wormarks, numbers, and slogan:

Gaelics-CCSLC-2.jpg

Uniforms and helmet:

Gaelics-CCSLC-3.jpg

Gaelics-CCSLC-4.jpg

C&c welcome!

Sweet!  My one comment is to wonder what it would look like with plaid pants.  It will probably go too far, but I want to see a kilt represented!  It would make the Gaelics unique, much like kilts themselves are unique.

1 hour ago, darkpiranha said:

Sweet!  My one comment is to wonder what it would look like with plaid pants.  It will probably go too far, but I want to see a kilt represented!  It would make the Gaelics unique, much like kilts themselves are unique.

Something like that?
Gaelics-CCSLC-4-2.jpg

6 hours ago, darkpiranha said:

What about playing in kilts?

Guest darkpiranha
On 5/18/2020 at 2:39 PM, Josef_Bretones said:

Something like that?
Gaelics-CCSLC-4-2.jpg

Those.  Are.  Beautiful.  

The Gaelics logo has such a classic feel to it that I can't quite describe. It's like a logo I would imagine they would still have 150 years from now. It looks great on the white helmet. I think I prefer the plaid pattern on the sleeves only, but this set is great.

Wow!, thank you guys for the comments.

6 hours ago, Hawkeye15 said:

It's like a logo I would imagine they would still have 150 years from now.

I guess this is good isn't it? xD

Today we finish the British Division with a special team: the Manchester STEAMPUNKERS.
I know that it is not a common name (although I think I saw it in a design in some topic, I do not remember if it was baseball) and I could have chosen others but I really liked the movie 'Steamboy' that is set in Manchester and wanted to make a little tribute. Of course I am a fan of Steampunk aesthetics. It is true that on this occasion he did not ask me for something as ornate as steampunk art usually is because the idiosyncrasy of the league makes me look for simpler logos. But I did want him to subtly remember that world. It is like a door that announces something much bigger.
The colors are very classic just like the uniforms. The Steampunkers play in the Workshop Arena.

Mood board:

Steampunkers-CCSLC-1.jpg

Logo, wordmarks, numbers and slogan:

Steampunkers-CCSLC-2.jpg

Uniforms and helmet:

Steampunkers-CCSLC-3.jpg

Steampunkers-CCSLC-4.jpg

C&c welcome!

Guest darkpiranha

I love the overall look of this, especially the color scheme. 

The word "Steampunkers" is really clunky.  I think you could easily get away with just calling them the Manchester Steampunk.  Let it be like the Miami Heat or Utah Jazz.  Or New England Revolution.   

While the main icon needs to be as clean as possible, the very idea of Steampunk implies an overabundance of rivets and widgets and layers of wood and brass and copper.  I'd make a version of the logo that is the "official' logo that is as elaborate and ridiculous and 'realistic' as you can make it.  Make it to where we want to see it as if it was a real moving object.

I think the rivets on the pants is fine, but I think that an alt uniform set should lean even further into the aesthetic.  More stuff everywhere.  

"Move On!" is okay, but in America, a common pop culture association with the word "punk" is from Clint Eastwood's "Dirty Harry" when he says "Do ya feel lucky, punk?"  (the real quote is slightly different, but this is how everyone remembers it, just like everyone remembers Vader's quote as "No Luke, *I* am your father. BTW, happy 40th birthday to that quote today!).  So maybe your slogan could be "Do you feel lucky?"  Americans, at least, would automatically mentally tag ",punk" on the end of that slogan.

Glasgow:Amazing look. My favorite of the entire series to be exact. 

Manchester: Great color scheme that I could've never imagined or thought to look so good in 1000 years. My only suggestion that could improve the look is to add navy to the middle two sleeve stripes instead of using the base color. Maybe for the alternate helmet too, you could put steampunk googles on the front of the helmet like the Iowa Barnstormers helmet below. 

Iowa Barnstormers Pocket Pro Helmet - POCKET PRO FOOTBALL HELMETS Iowa Barnstormer's Drew Powell returns from Saskatchewan - Last ...

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, darkpiranha said:

The word "Steampunkers" is really clunky.  I think you could easily get away with just calling them the Manchester Steampunk.  Let it be like the Miami Heat or Utah Jazz.  Or New England Revolution.   

While the main icon needs to be as clean as possible, the very idea of Steampunk implies an overabundance of rivets and widgets and layers of wood and brass and copper.  I'd make a version of the logo that is the "official' logo that is as elaborate and ridiculous and 'realistic' as you can make it.  Make it to where we want to see it as if it was a real moving object.

I think the rivets on the pants is fine, but I think that an alt uniform set should lean even further into the aesthetic.  More stuff everywhere.  

"Move On!" is okay, but in America, a common pop culture association with the word "punk" is from Clint Eastwood's "Dirty Harry" when he says "Do ya feel lucky, punk?"  (the real quote is slightly different, but this is how everyone remembers it, just like everyone remembers Vader's quote as "No Luke, *I* am your father. BTW, happy 40th birthday to that quote today!).  So maybe your slogan could be "Do you feel lucky?"  Americans, at least, would automatically mentally tag ",punk" on the end of that slogan.

As a fan of Steampunk, I am digging this logo. I agree with Darkpirahna that Steampunkers doesn't work. I disagree with him in calling them Manchester Steampunk. I am not a fan of team nicknames that aren't plural, save for the Miami Heat. Very simply, you can call them Manchester Steampunks. Better name, IMO and with American football, can give them an edge, especially if they play a bit dirty. 

N3d5IIl.png

Thank you guys for the comments. 

I am thinking about what you have told me so that I can respond appropriately.

5 minutes ago, jbird669 said:

I am digging this logo

Sorry, my knowledge of English does not allow me to understand the meaning of this phrase, hehe. Google translate translates it for me in a confusing way. Could you explain it to me in another way? Thank you very much again!

11 minutes ago, Josef_Bretones said:

Thank you guys for the comments. 

I am thinking about what you have told me so that I can respond appropriately.

Sorry, my knowledge of English does not allow me to understand the meaning of this phrase, hehe. Google translate translates it for me in a confusing way. Could you explain it to me in another way? Thank you very much again!

No worries! It's mean I really like it. 

N3d5IIl.png

6 hours ago, darkpiranha said:

6 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

Manchester: Great color scheme that I could've never imagined or thought to look so good in 1000 years. My only suggestion that could improve the look is to add navy to the middle two sleeve stripes instead of using the base color. Maybe for the alternate helmet too, you could put steampunk googles on the front of the helmet like the Iowa Barnstormers helmet below. 

6 hours ago, jbird669 said:

As a fan of Steampunk, I am digging this logo. I agree with Darkpirahna that Steampunkers doesn't work. I disagree with him in calling them Manchester Steampunk. I am not a fan of team nicknames that aren't plural, save for the Miami Heat. Very simply, you can call them Manchester Steampunks. Better name, IMO and with American football, can give them an edge, especially if they play a bit dirty. 

Added a secondary logo with gears and wheels so that it has a little more impact on that steampunk aesthetic. In any case, it is not my intention to show such a marked environment in this style. My intention with all the concepts is to pose a little inspiration without abandoning my own style that is usually clean and sober. I prefer to mark that aesthetic with color schemes. I pick up the suggestion on the name and have removed Steampunkers. I have left it in Steampunks which was the first idea I had. I prefer the plural name for consistency. As for the slogan, my intention was really to reflect the desire for movement. As reflected in the steam engines so typical of this fantasy. I know you would like it to go a step further and I do not rule out making updates in the future. But now my time is running out 😔: next week I return to my daily work and I only have four teams left to show.

Steampunks-CCSLC-2-2.jpg

Steampunks-CCSLC-3-2.jpg

Steampunkers-CCSLC-4-2.jpg

Thank you!!

2 minutes ago, Josef_Bretones said:

As for the slogan, my intention was really to reflect the desire for movement.

In America at least, "Move On" generally means something like "to leave". A more accurate way to convey what you are trying to is "On the Move" which is usually associated with progress.

16 minutes ago, sportsfan7 said:

In America at least, "Move On" generally means something like "to leave". A more accurate way to convey what you are trying to is "On the Move" which is usually associated with progress.

Oh, Ok! Thank you! In that case I'll change the slogan for "On the Move". 

Archived