Defunct Arena Football team unveils uniforms for season that never happened

The Toledo Bullfrogs were formed in 2009 to kickoff in the AF2 in 2010. The AF2 folded after the 2009 season so the Bullfrogs never saw the light of day. Today they unveiled their uniforms.

https://www.toledoblade.com/sports/pro/2020/05/06/Uniforms-unveiled-for-defunct-Toledo-Bullfrogs-arena-football-team/stories/20200506112

Signature intentionally left blank

Defunct Arena League Toledo Bullfrogs Unveil Unused Uniforms

May 7, 2020 - 17:39 PM

This week, more than a decade after the Toledo Bullfrogs were supposed to begin play in the Arena Football League’s development league, Toledo Sports Arenas Inc. unveiled the defunct franchise’s unused uniforms. In September 2008, Toledo Sports Arena Inc. — […]

Read More...

3 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

The designer is claiming that the pictures are new, but the designs are from 2008.  Not sure I believe him.

I mentioned this in the article on the front page, but he — at the very minimum — took some liberties in calling the all-orange jersey a "Color Rush" design, seeing as that didn't happen in the NFL until seven years later. The rest of the league was using templated Russell Athletic designs at the time, so I'm sure the jersey @burgundy posted is either accurate or pretty close to the design they would have actually used. 

I think @burgundy got that picture from our 2009 thread.  That's what we were talking about at the time, not these modern monstrosities.

The whole idea of "this is what a defunct team would be unveiling today" is not a bad one.  Just be honest about what you're doing.

Honestly, I think this is a publicity stunt for when the Bullfrogs finally begin play in 2021 (I think it'll be in the IFL, where they'll have Columbus as an in-state rival)

bYhYmxh.png

5 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I think @burgundy got that picture from our 2009 thread.  That's what we were talking about at the time, not these modern monstrosities.

Yup, and I was the one that posted it when they were released.

The whole idea of "this is what a defunct team would be unveiling today" is not a bad one.  Just be honest about what you're doing.

I wouldn't have a problem with the designs if that's what they were doing, but yeah, they promoted this for a week as "long lost designs", and it's really annoying the crap out of me.

spacer.png

34 minutes ago, burgundy said:

they promoted this for a week as "long lost designs", and it's really annoying the crap out of me.

Especially when the one layout they're using hasn't been out a week yet.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived