#9Design Alternate Jersey Contest

habsfan9

Welcome to the first installment of the #9Design Alternate Jersey Contest , The whole idea is to give a third jersey to each remaining team that does not have one.

In the first contest we will do the montreal canadiens. more than one jersey is ok but where looking mainly just for a 3rd jersey

Rules

any colours are aloud , new logos are recommended but not needed of course

deadline is the 8th of september at 9:00 pm after that the voting will begin

good luck to all contestants

(next up is : detroit red wings)

number933.gif

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well here's mine, I have alternates done for MANY NHL Teams, so I'll probably be in most of these competitions.

Canadiens-alternate-concept02.jpg

That Fleur de Lys is absolutely WICKED :notworthy:

I've seen a lot of them, but this one rules...

The blue part at the bottom, looks like a "M", I hope it was intentional...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Well here's mine, I have alternates done for MANY NHL Teams, so I'll probably be in most of these competitions.

Canadiens-alternate-concept02.jpg

That Fleur de Lys is absolutely WICKED :notworthy:

I've seen a lot of them, but this one rules...

The blue part at the bottom, looks like a "M", I hope it was intentional...

Yeah, that's one of the best logos I've seen around here. So simple, yet so effective a representation of Montreal. It's one of those things that makes you wonder, "Why hasn't someone done that before?" I'm pretty sure the 'M' is deliberate, but I'll let the designer confirm that himself.

Yes the "M" was intentional. And thanks for the praise.

Sorry Skater, by designer, I meant Avenger. <_<

Oh, well I used a different Fleur de lis for mine, which I modified (after Avenger told me that there was supposed to be an "M" in the design). And yes, I got the jersey design and Logo IDEA from Avenger. I forgot who it was it came from.

Sorry to Avenger, I forgot who it was, so here's your credit.

skaters logo is an improvement over avengers, in my opinion, even if he used it as inspiration. it actually resembles a fleur de lis. the football saints should use that logo, just fill in the little space so its not an M anymore. ^_^ and astrobull, yours looks VERY good. keep it up.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

OK, seeing as how I have one of their real shirts, which I question why you would want to change from it anyway, but here's my little take on a third.

My thoughts on the matter:

There is no way they would change from their logo, but they might be interested in the extra revenue from a third shirt.

Therefore, it would look like either this current Home, or current Away, or a mix of both, and therefore, I give you my effort.

habs.gif

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Yes the "M" was intentional. And thanks for the praise.

Sorry Skater, by designer, I meant Avenger. <_<

Oh, well I used a different Fleur de lis for mine, which I modified (after Avenger told me that there was supposed to be an "M" in the design). And yes, I got the jersey design and Logo IDEA from Avenger. I forgot who it was it came from.

Sorry to Avenger, I forgot who it was, so here's your credit.

Ok, you improved the logo, but the jersey is the EXACT design he did. If you improve on a design, just say that. Its fine. Ask them permission, and then tell everyone that its an alteration.

That's half of design. In the Real world, alot of the times you'll be working closely with other designers, and by the end you don't even know who's ideas are whose.

I mean, you posted this and I thought the entire thing was completly your creation. But its not. Not trying to be mean, but you didn't even seem like it was a big deal. It is a big deal because if you did something, and a month later someone posted the same thing with some alterations, and claimed it as their own, you'd be mad as hell.

I mean, even if he gave you permission to use it, you didn't reference him.

In the real world, and even in the fake real world (college) this kind of stuff gets you fired or kicked out of school.

This isn't hard folks, its common courtesy.

All that being said, I think you have some good illustrator skills skater and you aren't the main target of my rant. I think the logo is an improvement over what Avenger had. Just let us know where it came from before hand so it doesn't look like your completely ripping it off.

peace,

pc

Yes, I agree with you pcgd. I forgot who I got it from. I posted it a little while ago with full credit to Avenger, which is how the modified Fleur de lis came to be.

I just posted it straight up because I have a bunch of NHL Alternate Jerseys that I did and this happened to be one of them.

I so did not mean to step on anyones toes. So all apologies to Avenger.

Archived