Let’s all Choose the Best Baltimore Orioles Logo Ever

Let’s all Choose the Best Baltimore Orioles Logo Ever

July 6, 2020 - 18:54 PM

The Baltimore Orioles played their first season in the American League in 1954 after spending fifty seasons in St. Louis as the Browns. In their nearly 70 years since moving to Baltimore, the Orioles have won three World Series championships and six American League pennants. I mean, that’s great and

Read More...

I voted for 1992-1994. Truth is, I don't think that's a great primary logo...but that original bird looked great on the hats; it's easily my favorite hat of theirs. I like them just using black, orange, and white. The bird on their final "standing bird" cap was trying too hard to look like a photo.  I imagine the cartoon head runs away with this, with the 1980s circle in second.  The four instances of birds standing on the "I-dot" would split the vote (if there are enough votes for any of those to matter).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I chose the 1966-91 in a close call over the 1954-65.  Growing up in the 70s, the roundel just feels like the Orioles to me.

The 1954-65 logo was drawn by a Baltimore Sun cartoonist named Jim Hartzell.  The Sun used to run cartoons on the front page every day with the previous day's score and the bird's demeanor/actions matching the score.  It was always one of my favorite parts of the paper . . . even when I stayed up past my bedtime to listen to the game on the radio and already knew the score.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I choose the 1966-1991 logo. It’s a classic and well, a fan favourite. Not just that, it’s also used for all three times when the Orioles won the World Series championships. I’m not happy with MLB logos now. Why? Most teams just switched their creative logos with boring cap logos as the primary logos. Ex. Pirates dropped their pirate logo and replace it with a just a P.  BORING!!  Where’s the creativity of the MLB logos?  

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

Archived