Washington Monuments logo concept

officeglenn

Here's an idea for if the Washington NFL team goes a little outside the box and picks the new nickname "Monuments" (primary on the left, secondary on the right):

gsxTJnK.png

I've been staring at this for far too long. What do you guys think?

2 minutes ago, MBurmy said:

I would talk about what I think it looks like...but I'm afraid I'll get suspended.

Yeah, I thought it might kind of look like that. I mean, it sort of comes with the territory with that particular monument, but maybe the rest of the logo doesn't help much.

11 minutes ago, MBurmy said:

I would talk about what I think it looks like...but I'm afraid I'll get suspended.

🤣😂

I literally LOLed. 

Seriously, it's a good start with some modifications.  My only hesitations is, with the current political & social climate, is "Monuments" going from the frying pan and into the fire?

Guest darkpiranha
19 minutes ago, LogoFan said:

🤣😂

I literally LOLed. 

Seriously, it's a good start with some modifications.  My only hesitations is, with the current political & social climate, is "Monuments" going from the frying pan and into the fire?

I think this particular utilization would get a, uh, rise out of a lot of people.

I think it looks pretty good, but it could also be rearranged to be a bit more concise and eliminate people's concerns.

The Monument rendering is pleasantly simple and the DC flag is nicely integrated, but I can't see an NFL team using such a text-heavy primary logo.

You could work off the secondary logo, putting the Monument between the letters DC and on top of a burgundy ball shape rather than a shield. I think you'd kill multiple birds with one stone that way, and get a design that would look more at home on a helmet.

Then you could use your banner and maybe put it underneath a different monument (Lincoln Memorial?) as a new secondary.

6 hours ago, LogoFan said:

🤣😂

I literally LOLed. 

Especially since there only being one single football may remind people of the most evil man of the 20th century who also had only one...well, you know.

But is the other really in the Albert Hall?

bYhYmxh.png

3 hours ago, heavybass said:

This one looked at the two sword helmet of the Titans and figured, I can steal that and make it better.

What it needs is a line and shading at the top to offset the point of the obelisk.  As it is right now, it looks flat instead of 3D. It also needs to be a little pointier and maybe skinnier.

The top of this photo might give you an idea of what I'm talking about regarding the point of the obelisk.

spacer.png

Beyond that, I really like the idea.  The one on the left is the better of the two.  On both, I like the use of the three stars from the D.C. flag, which (coincidentally?) match the team's three Super Bowl championships.*

* -- This is the NFL!  Anything that happened before 1966 doesn't count!!!!!!!

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I would push for larger D /\ C around the central figure and maybe add additional monuments (or memorials i.e. Lincoln and Jefferson) at the bottom.

I like the use of the badge and flag iconography and agree with leopard88.

Oh and maybe integrate the football 'point down' into the bottom of the shape of the badge.

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

Archived