NFL Uniform Concepts | Texans added (2/2)

Brave-Bird 08

1 minute ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

I think yellow pants should be an option on the road, and their brown pants should have a yellow stripe instead of white. Otherwise I think this a great look, I've never seen something like this done before for the Broncos. I've always loved that color scheme too. 

So, for the sake of saving space I'm showing primary pant options, but the yellow pants can be worn on the road. Also, expecting a lot of "shoulds" for the pant options and definitely was kind of grinning while rendering this, knowing those comments are coming lol. If it helps the justification, the uniform sets and multiple pants are a nod to recapturing this aesthetic: 

1960_Denver.png

Thanks for the comment! I definitely had a light bulb while watching the Padres the other night lol

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a cool start, I admire your willingness to try new ideas. The Ravens are my favorite so far. One small criticism I have for your more recent teams is that the Broncos' mane striping is awfully-similar to the Titans' flame striping. I don't think that the color schemes would allow anybody to confuse the two, but something to consider I guess. 

spacer.png

Hey guys, I've got some concepts coming this evening. Just a heads up, if you are wondering, I'm doing some maintenance on making this project a bit leaner by taking out some of the pre-concept graphics. As much as I thought they were a good idea at the beginning, they are becoming more time consuming to the concepts themselves and I think misleading some folks on Dribbble too, haha, so you'll see some of those graphics missing 

But also I will begin typing descriptions into the posts. I am letting this  comment be a bump for a few more pokes at my existing concepts, especially Denver, and then will have my Giants concept posted by tonight. Thanks for viewing! 

NEW YORK GIANTS

• Collars and cuffs incorporate 80s style piping.
  • Number font adjusted to have more curvature, like the primary logo
  • Return to a deeper shade of blue.
  • The vertical sock stripe is not only inspired by uniform styles of the earliest NFL era, but also the appearance of a stirrup
  • The inspiration for the stirrup stripe comes from the alternate uniform, dubbed the "Gotham" uniform. The grey with white piping is a nod to the New York Yankees. 

6bf0d69cdd1afe1694209baf536cc7af.png2f93bbb4ff8449e6fb5628f6319033d1.png

c04840594f53f18d06e2b22b76b7a766.pngNFL Re-Imagined | New York Giants (1/32) redesign branding jerseyedits nike giants new york concept uniform nfl

NFL Re-Imagined | New York Giants (1/32) redesign branding jerseyedits nike giants new york concept uniform nfl5c726a4d1c8d8b6793a608275cd5fdc4.png

CINCINNATI BENGALS

• About eight years ago I tried out a Bengals concept with an orange stripe down the crown of a white helmet. This is a rehash of that idea, but as a gradient at the lower part of the helmet shell that more mimics the underbelly of a bengal tiger. The idea is to add detail and freshen the helmet without ridding of the classic design.
  • I didn't want to muck up the pant cohesion by putting the gradient on there, and felt the sock which are traditionally color-on-white would be a natural place to run a gradient through some stripes and balance the design.
  • Custom font that is closer to the team font, no more drop shadows.
  • The far superior bengal head logo shows up on the uniform for the first time, while the B monogram is stitched onto a patch on the back of the jersey.
  • "CIN" on the helmet bumper also uses a gradient. 
  • The shade of orange is slightly more red as a nod to the Reds and Bearcats.

NFL Re-Imagined | Cincinnati Bengals (2/32) football bengals cincinnati jerseyedits nfl design illustration rebrand nike concept uniform nflNFL Re-Imagined | Cincinnati Bengals (2/32) football bengals cincinnati jerseyedits nfl design illustration rebrand nike concept uniform nfl

NFL Re-Imagined | Cincinnati Bengals (2/32) football bengals cincinnati jerseyedits nfl design illustration rebrand nike concept uniform nflNFL Re-Imagined | Cincinnati Bengals (2/32) football bengals cincinnati jerseyedits nfl design illustration rebrand nike concept uniform nfl

I think the gradient pushes this just too far for my liking, but without it I think this is a good concept! I really like the pant stripe and number font especially. Although I might worry that the tiger stripe pattern on the jersey disappears at certain times.  

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Since posting this, I've come to realize that a critcism in reality would be the "deodorant stain" jerseys, lol. Okay, I'm going to meet Diet halfway and remove the gradient from the jersey and make a few adjustments, but I do think it can still exist in balance in the helmet and socks. Stand by! 

I actually don't mind the gradient as it's subtle enough to add a unique element without completely destroying it (see Jacksonville's monstrosity). The only thing that is holding this back for me is the reddish colour. I understand the homage but would prefer an orange a bit closer to what they have now. Otherwise these are remarkable. Any thoughts on orange pants?

Just a quick note that the Dolphins have been updated with a few more alternates. I am continuing to go back and add some detailing (editing side views of helmets, showing more alternates, taking out the unnecessary slides). The Saints are coming up later. Excited to show them to you guys.

On 8/27/2020 at 3:25 PM, Brave-Bird 08 said:

MIAMI DOLPHINS

Follow this project on Dribbble

NFL Re-Imagined | Miami Dolphins football inkscape editorial illustration rebranding rebrand redesign nike edits jersey concept uniform nfl miami dolphins miamiNFL Re-Imagined | Miami Dolphins football inkscape editorial illustration rebranding rebrand redesign nike edits jersey concept uniform nfl miami dolphins miami

NFL Re-Imagined | Miami Dolphins football inkscape editorial illustration rebranding rebrand redesign nike edits jersey concept uniform nfl miami dolphins miamiNFL Re-Imagined | Miami Dolphins football inkscape editorial illustration rebranding rebrand redesign nike edits jersey concept uniform nfl miami dolphins miami

The dark grey feels somewhat forced. I feel like it would jibe better if there was some orange striping in the collar and cuff. I'd also think tri-color numbers would look sharp (Aqua jersey - white/gray/orange; white jersey - aqua/gray/orange; grey jersey - white/aqua/orange). I'd also want some form of orange in the pants striping. It's hard to tell visually which of the two colours doesn't belong but it feels like one of either gray or orange doesn't belong. 

Any thoughts on replacing the grey with navy? 

Whole series has been great! But that might be the best Bengals concept I've seen in a long time. The jerseys are subtle and not over the top. This is the first time I've seen a gradient anything that I've actually liked. The whole thing is well balanced, modern without being ridiculous and is all together a massive upgrade from what they have now. Well done!

THE (EXPLETIVE) NEW ORLEANS SAINTS 😀

• I already had the Saints done, pretty much, but went back and tweaked them today after getting some inspiration from the new Vegas Golden Knights jerseys (which are AMAZING). The change was to add, much like with Cincinnati, some detail in the sleeve cuffs and jersey collar. I sublimated some French ironwork into the cuffs, collar and jersey stripes, but the intention here is for the pattern to be VERY subtle -- something you can see while holding the jersey in your hand, but not too distracting on TV or in person watching the game. 
  • If you use social media, you may notice the new SAINTS wordmark. That is the font the team uses on its social posts now, and I quite like it as an upgrade.
  • The gold is, out of necessity, switched back to a brass color (because, why in the world are the Saints not brass?). 
  • We also go back to the original logo without unnecessary strokes, which is made much larger on the helmet. 
  • There's also some LSU inspiration here: the shoulder stripes are straight out of Baton Rouge, and the white primary home uniform is a nod both to LSU and the Saints' past as a team that loves to wear white at home.
  • The BIGGEST intention with this concept was taking one of the plainest NFL uniforms of all time, in their current state, and giving them the the identity that truly fits the wonderful brand. I used a version of clarendon, which complements the ironworks design really well. The numbers are dark enough on the white jersey to be visible, and have a brassy, shiny finish. 
  • And of course, a "Mardi Gras" themed alternate. I did not want to go super crazy here, so the move is just to recolor, as the shoulder stripes and pant stripes naturally can be sequenced like the Mardi Gras flag. The helmet is plain, instead of striped, to look more like a bead. 

NFL Re-Imagined | New Orleans Saints jerseyedits jersey redesign. rebrand football nike nfl redesign concept uniform saints new orleansNFL Re-Imagined | New Orleans Saints jerseyedits jersey redesign. rebrand football nike nfl redesign concept uniform saints new orleans

NFL Re-Imagined | New Orleans Saints jerseyedits jersey redesign. rebrand football nike nfl redesign concept uniform saints new orleansNFL Re-Imagined | New Orleans Saints jerseyedits jersey redesign. rebrand football nike nfl redesign concept uniform saints new orleans

Archived