Las Vegas Dealers [formerly Blackjacks] (NBA)

Indigo

Love the name and colors, but everything else needs refinement.  Put your logo in an image with the Pacific teams (presuming that's the division they'd play in) and see how you could make it measure up.

To start with the positives, I really like both the name and the color scheme. I remember reading somewhere (maybe in this forum) that each city should have a common color scheme for every major league team, and since the Golden Knights already have this, it makes sense. Plus, no team in the league uses it as a primary scheme.

I'm not sold on the logo. I think the card is too big and doesn't fit as an NBA primary. You could use it as a secondary, though. Some elements feel like they're forced into the design, like the ball inside the ace and the L and V in both corners. Maybe you could adapt the lines to the shape of the ace, or use another suit, just to make it more subtle. The wordmark is fine, but it might need an outline.

As for the jerseys, I would use the team name-only in the Association and the Vegas-only in the Icon, rest is fine.

Hope this can help you, it's not a bad start but the logo needs to be addressed. Good luck!

Thanks for all the feedback!

19 hours ago, NicDB said:

Love the name and colors, but everything else needs refinement.  Put your logo in an image with the Pacific teams (presuming that's the division they'd play in) and see how you could make it measure up.

All of the Pacific teams use a basketball in one way or another, so I did as well.

14 hours ago, sayahh said:

The league would probably have trouble trademarking the name, but  neat concept.  Reason for the gold color?

I don't know of any pro teams that use the name "Blackjacks", but if you do find any let me know.

12 hours ago, Agus said:

To start with the positives, I really like both the name and the color scheme. I remember reading somewhere (maybe in this forum) that each city should have a common color scheme for every major league team, and since the Golden Knights already have this, it makes sense. Plus, no team in the league uses it as a primary scheme.

I'm not sold on the logo. I think the card is too big and doesn't fit as an NBA primary. You could use it as a secondary, though. Some elements feel like they're forced into the design, like the ball inside the ace and the L and V in both corners. Maybe you could adapt the lines to the shape of the ace, or use another suit, just to make it more subtle. The wordmark is fine, but it might need an outline.

As for the jerseys, I would use the team name-only in the Association and the Vegas-only in the Icon, rest is fine.

Hope this can help you, it's not a bad start but the logo needs to be addressed. Good luck!

I removed the card from the logo set entirely. I thought about your wordmark decision, but "blackjacks" alone was very long, so I had to shorten it, which makes it thinner and leaves empty space, so I kept the Vegas on top.

I used the Ace in a roundel(you know the NBA loves those!) w/ a ball, and placed the LV in the ace with a drop-shadow. The gold has also been darkened to a shade similar to, if not exactly like, the one the Suns 50th logo uses. I added the 3 other clubs in a set on the sides, and since the heart is typically red but the others black, I made it gold/white.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think the wordmark on the jerseys is too busy. If you did Blackjacks with "black" on top and "jacks" underneath, I think it'd be a little more balanced and spaced out better. Trying to fit in the team name on one line makes it seem crowded. The numbers do seem a smidge on the fat side, reminding of the Pistons turquoise sets in that sense, but maybe with more mock-ups it'd change.

The black and gold branding seems fine to me and I think the suit decals on the sides aren't a bad way to do it, though I'd be kind of curious to see how a black trim would work with white jack decals spaced out, maybe an an alternate or a third. I'm thinking of the old Wolves set that was teal with the tree trim around the neck and arms. 

Not a bad effort out the gate. You got some good bones to work with. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

I was thinking because blackjack is so generic that they might not get the trademark patent for it.  Also just thought of the international market and merchandising aspect of it and how it might be perceived as a weapon instead of a card game.  Braves had the foam tomahawks; will Blackjacks hand out foam "blackjacks"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baton_(law_enforcement)#Blackjacks_and_saps

• Indigo changed the title to Las Vegas Dealers [formerly Blackjacks] (NBA)

After nearly a year a bit of time passing. I have decided to return to this concept. The name changes to "Dealers" as in card dealers, and the emphasis is put on the city and color palette rather than gambling. The ace gets replaced with a club, placing three basketballs in the the circle shapes. The gold becomes brighter, and the uniforms take a more minimalist approach, with a traditional striping pattern, just "Vegas" across the front, and the club-ball on the shorts. City Edition coming soon. C&C is appreciated as always!

spacer.png

spacer.png

qq9uLCg.png

Definitely an improvement, but I feel like the Club is a bit close to a Shamrock, and the Celtics have used black and gold as supporting colors before on alternate jerseys, so this identity may cause confusion even though they'd only play each other twice a year.

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

On 7/16/2021 at 7:57 AM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

After nearly a year a bit of time passing. I have decided to return to this concept. The name changes to "Dealers" as in card dealers, and the emphasis is put on the city and color palette rather than gambling. The ace gets replaced with a club, placing three basketballs in the the circle shapes. The gold becomes brighter, and the uniforms take a more minimalist approach, with a traditional striping pattern, just "Vegas" across the front, and the club-ball on the shorts. City Edition coming soon. C&C is appreciated as always!

spacer.png

spacer.png

qq9uLCg.png

I think yo should put a basketball into the Spade logo.

I do like the Club logo, just think it could be used for another team maybe.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

Archived