Regional Grocery Store Chain Giant Eagle Rebrands

DCarp1231

It's certainly less aggressive, which is fine, but now it's just another corporate-looking brand.  Based on their latest trend of bucking union-owned stores, this fits right into that timeline.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• 2 weeks later...

GIANT EAGLE: Rebrands corporate logo.

Also GIANT Eagle: uses all lowercase letters

What is up with this trend of all-lowercase corporate branding lately? Especially when your name is GIANT eagle??

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

15 hours ago, tBBP said:

What is up with this trend of all-lowercase corporate branding lately? Especially when your name is GIANT eagle??

Two biggest trends seem to be all-lowercase lettering and adding organic/natural imagery. They did both. 

I thought when this logo leaked last year and everyone hated it, they would go in a different direction.

YwJxhKvgmMx-3zr55HzcGeFYtVN63GkCVyZbpuDq

On 2/20/2021 at 3:54 PM, DNAsports said:

Apparently last year, the regional grocery store chain, Giant Eagle, rebranded. Again, further straying away from, well, a giant eagle.

Old:

spacer.png

New:

spacer.png

BOOOOOO

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

I was surprised to learn that Giant Eagle is not a larger variant of the Eagle grocery store chain that pulled out of the Chicago market in the mid-'90s. My family was always equally divided between Jewel and Dominick's (including Omni, their attempt at a proto-Costco, which we lived down the street from and which incongruously acted as our corner store), as I'm guessing most were, but I vaguely remember going to a store in Palatine that was just called Eagle. Anyway, they're not related. Anyway-anyway, the logo looks like all logos. It's fresh, you see!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

10 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I was surprised to learn that Giant Eagle is not a larger variant of the Eagle grocery store chain that pulled out of the Chicago market in the mid-'90s. My family was always equally divided between Jewel and Dominick's (including Omni, their attempt at a proto-Costco, which we lived down the street from and which incongruously acted as our corner store), as I'm guessing most were, but I vaguely remember going to a store in Palatine that was just called Eagle. Anyway, they're not related. Anyway-anyway, the logo looks like all logos. It's fresh, you see!

I usually hear it go the other way: "Oh, you mean Pittsburgh has a 'Giant Eagle'? You're sure it's not just Giant?" (Giant being a chain of grocery stores in the Mid-Atlantic/Eastern PA/DE/DC/MD.)

Oh, eastern Pennsylvania has actual grocery stores? From the way they talked, I thought they subsisted entirely on gas station sandwiches.

21 hours ago, Ted Cunningham said:

I usually hear it go the other way: "Oh, you mean Pittsburgh has a 'Giant Eagle'? You're sure it's not just Giant?" (Giant being a chain of grocery stores in the Mid-Atlantic/Eastern PA/DE/DC/MD.)

Speaking of Giant, I always get confused when I see these two-

spacer.png

spacer.png

because apparently these are not the same entity 

Also, the former of those two rebranded as well-

spacer.png

I find regional grocery stores to be fascinating. Sure, a bunch of them are just different façades slapped onto essentially the same store under a few big corporate umbrellas - but it's great to see at least some consumer retail change when you go to different parts of the country. It'd be great in 2050 if everything wasn't a Walmart/Target/Amazon Grocery.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

10 hours ago, sc49erfan15 said:

I find regional grocery stores to be fascinating. Sure, a bunch of them are just different façades slapped onto essentially the same store under a few big corporate umbrellas - but it's great to see at least some consumer retail change when you go to different parts of the country. It'd be great in 2050 if everything wasn't a Walmart/Target/Amazon Grocery.

Yeah, we're losing that more and more. The Krogerization of Mariano's seems to get worse and worse by the week. They're painting over the "Live well, eat well, be well" slogan and probably putting on Kroger's slogan, which I imagine to be "Jesus Christ it's just a :censored:ing store who cares."

21 hours ago, the admiral said:

Yeah, we're losing that more and more. The Krogerization of Mariano's seems to get worse and worse by the week. They're painting over the "Live well, eat well, be well" slogan and probably putting on Kroger's slogan, which I imagine to be "Jesus Christ it's just a :censored:ing store who cares."

Publix is getting close to as bad, right now they have stores in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia, and growing every year. Surprised there isn’t any in Mississippi yet, I know they are planning on Kentucky next year, and it will just keep growing and growing. And you see this growth affecting the stores at their level with the reduction in standards trying to make all the stores the same as they enter new markets and still be able to hire people to match the continually lowering standards.

Archived