Random soccer concepts by MCrosby - Leeds 4/27/22

mcrosby

• 2 weeks later...
  • mcrosby changed the title to Random soccer concepts by MCrosby - Torino 9/29/21
On 10/1/2021 at 6:31 PM, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

Napoli? Sampdoria?

I did Napoli in this thread already, and it's not Sampdoria. 

PAS Giannina, of the Greek Superleague. This one is a real reach. maybe combining the oak laurel with the ancient bull isn't the best approach, but I tried in anyways. Oak bark makes up the kit. 

hMz2te0.jpg

KYF4rXm.png

• Like 9

• mcrosby changed the title to Random soccer concepts by MCrosby - PAS Giannina 10/3/21

I"ve been trying to figure out something for AS Roma for a long time. I like the wolf, I like the consistency of their crest over the decades, but I thought I'd try something new. This is very much inspired by Juve, Inter, Nantes, etc. A shield, an R, and the Colosseum. Thoughts? 

b8PDqwq.png

EDIT: Version 2. Not sure which I prefer. 

sotBga2.png

• Like 5

• mcrosby changed the title to Random soccer concepts by MCrosby - AS Roma 10/3/21

Great work, Sir! CONCACAF (Central American and Caribbean region specifically) has more than a few club teams that could use your treatment.  Since you're doing most of Europe, have you seen FC Sheriff Tiraspol from Moldova? Sheesh. With the money they'd be making in this year's UEFA Champion's League appearance (currently 1st in Group D, wth!) , they should be able to afford a badge refresh. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Est1980 said:

Great work, Sir! CONCACAF (Central American and Caribbean region specifically) has more than a few club teams that could use your treatment.  Since you're doing most of Europe, have you seen FC Sheriff Tiraspol from Moldova? Sheesh. With the money they'd be making in this year's UEFA Champion's League appearance (currently 1st in Group D, wth!) , they should be able to afford a badge refresh. 

I've toyed with the idea of a Caribbean League in the past. If you know Caribbean soccer well shoot me a message and we'll get that going!

I agree with @Jake3roo in that individually, those elements are what would make an iconic Roma badge. The shield does come off as a G. On the first one, the Coliseum gets a little lost and on the second one the year muddles the overall design a bit so I'm not sure where the balance would be. The idea is solid and with a few minor tweaks it could work

• Like 1

In the second one, the colosseum looks a little better because it rests on that yellow base which comes across as ground. In the top version, the colosseum is just floating so at first glance it wasn’t clear what it was. But I do agree with the comments above that the colosseum gets lost. If you thinned the stroke of the outer line, would that give you more freedom to tweak the inner detail in the colosseum? It’s a great idea if you can get all the elements to coexist in that space.

Thanks for the feedback @jaha32, @MDTrey4,  and @Jake3roo. I've done a bit of tweaking based on it. I have my preference of the below, but I'll keep that quiet until after hearing your thoughts. We've got the original top-left, then thinner stroke, then thinner stroke + more archways. The bottom row is the same, but the top of the R is connected to the leg. 

O1JJY6C.png

• Like 2

I think I'd go for middle bottom slightly ahead of middle left. Only slightly related to the design but the font you had in the original Roma design is much better than the one there now. I'd be interested to see what the 1967 would look like in that font as well

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • mcrosby changed the title to Random soccer concepts by MCrosby - AS Monaco 10/28/21