All City Sports Logos Combined - NFL MLB NBA NHL Mashup Design - Pro Teams Put Together

DeluxeGraphicSupply

Hi everyone, I have recently started a new project where I have made it a goal of mine to combine all of the sports logos from NHL, NBA, NFL and MLB (and at times MLS) from all of the major cities in the U.S. and Canada to create a singular city logo. I know this has been done countless times before but the way my designs stand out is they are more cohesive. They feel less like something was Frankenstein'd together and can almost act as a standalone logo. Consider this the definitive collection. I say this with confidence because they were all composed in Adobe Illustrator with linework redone to make the designs more seamless, images rendered in crisp high resolution quality, each one taking several hours of work and trial and error and the cherry on top of the cake is that I own my own print shop so I can make stickers and shirts out of these designs. It's a true passion project for me.

My journey began when I was first getting serious about graphic design, the summer right before I enrolled at DePaul in 2013. I created a mashup of all the Chicago logos because I wanted my own version of it. All the variations I had seen online did not do the city justice and I wanted something genuinely more badass that wouldn't look cheesy. I dubbed it "The Chicago Beast". It was cool for a few years and then I sort of forgot about it - well in 2019 I decided to take another crack at it and make a wildly popular rendition of this logo mashup combination - you may have seen it online (I made a North Side - Cubs and a South Side - White Sox version. Both featured elements of the Blackhawks, Bears and Bulls. I have made slightly different variations - some including the 6 star Chicago flag and others with different color arrangements.

Fast forward to 2021 - A whole year of the COVID-19 pandemic lockdown had me yearning for another creative project that I can do for fun. I decided - why not give every city this same treatment? And so I did - "Major League Remix" (#MajorLeagueRemix). I will be posting the designs in this thread and would love some feedback! While I do consider these designs to be 'complete', as a true designer, I know there is always room for improvement, especially since teams change logos frequently.

A few things to note (ground rules) for my concepts:

• They don't necessarily have to use the entire design of the logo in the mashup. They can be as little or as much as possible - the only rule is they have to look cohesive and make sense - no Frankenstein work!
  • I often use past versions of team logos although I try to use the current ones as much as I can. This is because my goal is to make the logo look good, and if I use the core logo, it may not look the best. I have struggled a lot to piece some of these together because of the lack of uniqueness, clean design or symmetry so I have had to resort to alternates.
  • Colors are fair game - as long as they are pulled directly from within the color palette of the city's sports logos. 
  • They all have a white border with rounded corners for consistency and also to set them up for sticker printing.

That is all! I am so glad to be a part of this awesome forum - I can't think of a more perfect place to post this kind of work on the internet.

If you want to follow me on social media - I am @DeluxeGraphicSupply on Instagram and Facebook. My website is also DeluxeGraphicSupply.com 

spacer.png

Chicago Bulls x Bears x Blackhawks x White Sox

• Like 13

I'm not sure if this is the North Side - White Sox version that you talk about in the post but I don't think I'm seeing the Cubs in this one. If it is just the White Sox then it's absolutely spot on. Can't wait to see what else you come up with.

I like what you've got going on here, just one thing with the Charlotte entry: the Hurricanes play in Raleigh, not Charlotte. You could label it a "Carolina" logo, but Charlotte alone doesn't work, sadly. Everything is really nice, both Indy and Phoenix are incredible!

the user formerly known as cdclt

1 minute ago, QCS said:

I like what you've got going on here, just one thing with the Charlotte entry: the Hurricanes play in Raleigh, not Charlotte. You could label it a "Carolina" logo, but Charlotte alone doesn't work, sadly. Everything is really nice, both Indy and Phoenix are incredible!

Thanks for commenting! Believe me, I have thought about this every day - Milwaukee-Green Bay, Memphis-Nashville (next). This will inevitably become a bit of a roadblock. Ultimately since I named it the city that was more dominant (Milwaukee 2, GB 1 for example). Although, it doesn't matter a whole lot except for marketing purposes because the name will never show up on the logo. I may also redo Chicago at the very end of the series - this time a variation without the inclusion of the hat. However, I will save a version that has the state name instead!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DeluxeGraphicSupply said:

Do you by chance have a link saved or know how I can find it? I'm sure it is buried deep inside the concepts thread

I'd have to do a search when I get around to it.

That Boston one is by far the best, especially in RWB. Really well balanced. Same with Chicago, and I like the interchangeable baseball cap.

I think the Phoenix/Arizona one is really funny with the flying Cardinal/Coyote (card-yote? coyot-inal?) Well done with execution of the snake tail.

I think Milwaukee/Wisconsin's one is mostly pretty good; it just needs some tweaks. You should probably stick to cream instead of cream and white, and only do one outline for the buck. I'd also be curious to see it with the inner "basketball" horns of the buck removed, but that might not be better, idk.

Finally, I guess I'm nitpicking your Seattle one ad naseum because those are my teams. The Kraken anchor works really well with the Mariners logo, so well done there.

However, I think any Seattle team mashup feels incomplete without the Sounders. You might add a modified version of the Sounders' green shield to fit in the shape of the anchor, and maybe the top of the shield could be the shape of the Storm's new logo (to kill two birds with one stone?)

Or you could just replace the top of the anchor with a beveled modification of the Sounders' rendition of the Space Needle.

Regardless, I don't think the Kraken need to be represented twice with the S logo on top of the anchor.

Overall, good work!

On 4/6/2021 at 1:22 PM, vtgco said:

That Boston one is by far the best, especially in RWB. Really well balanced. Same with Chicago, and I like the interchangeable baseball cap.

I think the Phoenix/Arizona one is really funny with the flying Cardinal/Coyote (card-yote? coyot-inal?) Well done with execution of the snake tail.

I think Milwaukee/Wisconsin's one is mostly pretty good; it just needs some tweaks. You should probably stick to cream instead of cream and white, and only do one outline for the buck. I'd also be curious to see it with the inner "basketball" horns of the buck removed, but that might not be better, idk.

Finally, I guess I'm nitpicking your Seattle one ad naseum because those are my teams. The Kraken anchor works really well with the Mariners logo, so well done there.

However, I think any Seattle team mashup feels incomplete without the Sounders. You might add a modified version of the Sounders' green shield to fit in the shape of the anchor, and maybe the top of the shield could be the shape of the Storm's new logo (to kill two birds with one stone?)

Or you could just replace the top of the anchor with a beveled modification of the Sounders' rendition of the Space Needle.

Regardless, I don't think the Kraken need to be represented twice with the S logo on top of the anchor.

Overall, good work!

Excellent feedback - that is exactly what I was hoping to get out of this discussion so thanks for that!

I will likely end up revisiting the Chicago ones at the very end of this project to create some additional versions that don't contain outside elements (the hat). Not to mention - at the time of creation I was being cautious not the exact logos, so everything has been modified slightly, namely the Chicago wordmarks. I was never truly satisfied with how the cubs one turned out but I wanted it to be consistent and feature a wordmark instead of an emblem/icon.

I will definitely give the Milwaukee one a try with those modifications. You bring up a good point on the outer colored border, it seems to not add much and the white/cream are too close in color so it looks almost accidental. 

I'm glad I found someone who is a Seattle fan! this one was a challenge because the seahawks logo didn't allow for much fluidity, its shape is so horizontal and fixed that I had to just mirror it to make it look like it fits. The Kraken/Mariners could not have meshed more perfectly. As to your note about the Sounders - From early on I had to make the decision whether to include MLS teams - I have only created one so far, which I'm not sure if I will keep or not - (Kansas City). This is because it would add yet another layer of difficulty and many people aren't familiar with soccer logos (although I guess it matters more to the fans/residents of that city). In the case of KC, they only had two teams so I felt like this one needed a third. Also - MLS teams seem to have a much higher turnover so to implement them into ALL the logos could potentially shorten the lifespan of the design so I'm more hesitant to add them.  Anyway- back to Seattle - The main reason I included the S in the center is because without it, the connection between the mirrored seahawks logo seems too detached from the rest of the design. I did feel that the space needle was crucial to the design - and it appears that the Kraken anchor was design with it in mind. 2 space needles would not work out so I'd have to replace the top of the anchor if I were to use that part of the Sounders logo. I'd be more than happy to implement some of these changes just to see if it will work! 

• Like 1