Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

Summer Collegiate Okotoks Dawgs unveil what they are calling City Town Connect jerseys.

town-connect-whole-jersey.png

It's an all-black version of their existing alternate jersey of a couple years, which I already wasn't a huge fan of, and I guess that hat is supposed to be a D in a wildly mismatching font? Really feels like they saw the Reds City Connects and said "we could make that work".

IbjBaeE.png

On 4/20/2024 at 9:35 AM, ORLMagic86 said:

The Gastonia Baseball Club of the Atlantic League debuted their White Sox-inspired unforms.

Can't imagine anyone being inspired by the White Sox right now. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

Apparently the Honey Hunters went bankrupt and the AL kicked them out and expanded a new team. Kind of a weird tactic, and the new team not having a name yet is very Atlantic League. 

And speaking of, the Frederick Keys-Spire City Ghost Hounds are on hiatus. I guess it's hard to build a fanbase in question mark jerseys? 

These are blue and not purple right? I'm not seeing incorrectly? Regardless, it definitely doesn't match the purple of the hats and belts (nor the logos nor the merch).

I have to assume this is UA not being able to produce the purple because the team did tweet something a while back about ordering purple jerseys.

• Like 3

IbjBaeE.png

8 hours ago, monkeypower said:

These are blue and not purple right? I'm not seeing incorrectly? Regardless, it definitely doesn't match the purple of the hats and belts (nor the logos nor the merch).

I have to assume this is UA not being able to produce the purple because the team did tweet something a while back about ordering purple jerseys.

No, they're purple. It's just a deep purple. Others have been asking the same question on the team's Facebook.

3 hours ago, ORLMagic86 said:

No, they're purple. It's just a deep purple. Others have been asking the same question on the team's Facebook.

The team can call it "deep purple" in their Facebook comments all they want and it doesn't change the fact it looks blue. 

But like I said, it also doesn't change the fact that it doesn't match the purple used anywhere else.

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

The team can call it "deep purple" in their Facebook comments all they want and it doesn't change the fact it looks blue. 

But like I said, it also doesn't change the fact that it doesn't match the purple used anywhere else.

Unfortunately, UA appears to have only one shade of purple for all of the uniforms it provides to schools and teams. They're a summer collegiate team. It's ridiculous to expect perfection at that level. Personally, I admire the uniforms. Oh, and they do not appear to be blue. It's more of a dark purple or violet.💜

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ORLMagic86 said:

Unfortunately, UA appears to have only one shade of purple for all of the uniforms it provides to schools and teams. They're a summer collegiate team. It's ridiculous to expect perfection at that level. Personally, I admire the uniforms. Oh, and they do not appear to be blue. It's more of a dark purple or violet.💜

Opinions vary.

I'm team blue 🙂

It's where I sit.

On 4/25/2024 at 12:27 AM, Big Yellow Flag said:

Apparently the Honey Hunters went bankrupt and the AL kicked them out and expanded a new team. Kind of a weird tactic, and the new team not having a name yet is very Atlantic League. 

And speaking of, the Frederick Keys-Spire City Ghost Hounds are on hiatus. I guess it's hard to build a fanbase in question mark jerseys? 

The Keys aren’t on hiatus. Only the Ghost Hounds and it’s not because of the question mark uniforms. It’s some weird reasoning of uneven number of teams in the Atlantic League. They’re set to return in 2025.

18 hours ago, monkeypower said:

The Saskatoon Blades wore Berries jerseys earlier this season (same ownership) and these had more purplely purple.

Two different uniform suppliers hence the inconsistency between the two shades of purple.

The purple in the baseball jerseys reminds me of the purple used by the University of Washington.

spacer.png

• Like 1

On 4/26/2024 at 7:58 PM, DCarp1231 said:

The Keys aren’t on hiatus. Only the Ghost Hounds and it’s not because of the question mark uniforms. It’s some weird reasoning of uneven number of teams in the Atlantic League. They’re set to return in 2025.

You are correct, I had misunderstood the Keys as having become the Ghost Hounds. 

Kind of weird that a team folded and they reexpanded them while putting a separate team on "hiatus." 

And do teams usually come back from hiatus?