College Football 2022

MJWalker45

On 1/11/2023 at 9:57 AM, MJWalker45 said:

https://nypost.com/2023/01/10/chris-russos-major-problem-with-stetson-bennett-winning-title-at-25/

So apparently it's not fair that Stetson Bennett can play college ball at 25? Hahahahahahaha!!!!! This sound more like sour grapes than an actual argument. It's also Chris Russo so take it with a pound of salt. 

HAHA is right! Somebody might wanna remind Russo that Chris Weinke won his national title at 28—then became the oldest Heisman winner in history. And wasn't there like a 30-something-year old special teamer playing at South Carolina or something this past season? Hey...nothing wrong with sticking with pursuing your dreams, no matter how long it takes.*

(Fun fact: Chris Weinke was originally part of the same recruiting class as Charlie Ward, except he chose to purse pro baseball instead. Funny how things work out: Heisman winner Ward chose pro basketball, only for the former pro baseballer Weinke—who enrolled into Florida State at 25—to step in a few years afterward and win the Heisman.)

*Says the guy who's finishing up his bachelor's degree at the age of 40

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

23 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think if the NCAA actually cared about limits they would have lowered it. With NIL now, depending on how deep the pockets of the boosters are you can have "walk ons" come in that don't count towards your 25 scholarships per year and they will be happy to take the check to be second stringers at SEC and Big Ten schools over starters in the MAC. 

NCAA only cares about maintaining the status quo so the major programs don't break off and do their own thing and the sport has been ruined because of it. Happy the players have the freedom to transfer and get paid but the NCAA's unwillingness to actually enforce any rules means its just whoever's boosters have the deepest pockets and willingness to spend, so you've got guys like Ruiz paying tens of millions to promote an app that has about 100 downloads.

• Like 3

IUe6Hvh.png

2 hours ago, tBBP said:

HAHA is right! Somebody might wanna remind Russo that Chris Weinke won his national title at 28—then became the oldest Heisman winner in history. And wasn't there like a 30-something-year old special teamer playing at South Carolina or something this past season? Hey...nothing wrong with sticking with pursuing your dreams, no matter how long it takes.*

(Fun fact: Chris Weinke was originally part of the same recruiting class as Charlie Ward, except he chose to purse pro baseball instead. Funny how things work out: Heisman winner Ward chose pro basketball, only for the former pro baseballer Weinke—who enrolled into Florida State at 25—to step in a few years afterward and win the Heisman.)

*Says the guy who's finishing up his bachelor's degree at the age of 40

Rizzo said he didn't vote for Weinke for the Heisman because he was 28, but I think that was BS, just say you liked the other candidate. I was surprised when he won actually. 

* I just finished my bachelor's at 48, so congrats to you!

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...