2022 Winter Olympics

SSmith48

Not sure how much interest there is on here with the Olympics and their uniforms, but I'd figured I would start a thread for the currently running Winter Games. This won't include hockey since there is already a separate thread for those.

Starting with the opening ceremony, France and Italy had some similarly designed and eye-catching flag-themed coats, while Haiti had some of the most unique getups I've ever seen. I would give best dressed to the Netherlands, who wore some simple, yet bold orange coats.

87884-video-olympics-2022-the-blues-parade-in-beijing-relive-the-passage-of-france-during-the-opening-ceremony.jpeg?fit=1250%2C703&ssl=1

2022 Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremonies - syracuse.com

Photos from 2022 Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony - Page 2 - E! Online

Chinese Officials Drag Dutch Reporter During Airborne Incident – X99NEWS

From curling, no crazy pants for the Norwegians (yet), but Australia has a fantastic design with indigenous art on their shirts.

M75DYCH7LNP2POHSNG7E2XOXRA.jpg

USA Snowboarding went with something... different. Black/white coats with a crazy graphic.

U.S. Slopestyle & Big Air Snowboarders Prepare To 'Make The Most' Out Of  The Winter Olympics

Speed skating is always bound for some crazy looks too. Here's a few of them, featuring China, the Netherlands, and Hungary.

Short Track Speed Skating | Olympic Sport | Beijing 2022

Dutchwoman Irene Schouten wins women's 300m speed skating, sets Olympic  record

Beijing 2022: Hungarians Won a Bronze Medal in Short Track Speed Skating  Mixed Team Relay

Another thing to note in speed skating: Russia is under a ban by the CAS and has to compete as the Russian Olympic Committee for these Games. Usually this means teams can't wear their flag anywhere on their uniforms, but this must have been relaxed, as ROC has worn the Russian flag during the opening ceremony and for speed skating.

Photos of the opening ceremony at Beijing 2022 Winter Olympic Games

Olympics: Speed Skating-Womens 3000m | Fieldlevel | mdjonline.com

I would say, so far, these Games look better than the "cauldron" lit for them. Let's see if that trend continues.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

I really enjoy the Winter Olympics opening ceremony outfits. Great Britain looked pretty sharp:

spacer.png

I though American Samoa had the best opening ceremony look:

spacer.png

Especially considering it was about 15 degrees that night. 

I also thought this was a very Blades of Glory Chaz Michael Michaels look. The chest hair was a nice touch.

spacer.png

On 2/6/2022 at 7:47 AM, SSmith48 said:

Another thing to note in speed skating: Russia is under a ban by the CAS and has to compete as the Russian Olympic Committee for these Games. Usually this means teams can't wear their flag anywhere on their uniforms, but this must have been relaxed, as ROC has worn the Russian flag during the opening ceremony and for speed skating.

It hasn't been relaxed. Russia's just being petulant and lashing out as usual.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It's been a few days, so here's some more things:

Some of the ski jumpers have been wearing some Notre Dame-esque gold domes. Very flashy.

Ski jumping stars praise mixed team debut at Beijing 2022

Snowboard Cross has had some pretty solid looks too. Here is Great Britain, Canada (?), Australia, and the USA.

2654.jpg?width=1900&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=910177e227933cc69c6cc6271aa87369

Also, shoutout to Germany and their stylish Luge suits!

Several athletes from Germany celebrate at the end of a luge track.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/10/sport/kamila-valieva-roc-drugs-test-olympics-spt-intl-hnk/index.html

Russians didn't hold someone responsible for testing positive for banned substances. No one is surprised, except maybe that it's a 15 year old who just landed three quads this week.  And the test was in December. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived