2022-23 International Club Soccer Kits

officeglenn

I have no idea why Celtic decided to bring back the 93-94 jersey.

On 2022-06-09 at 7:15 PM, MJWalker45 said:

Everton needs the cash to help get players into the team and start prepping for their move away from Goodison Park, they're hoping to get better results and now they can charge more when they have to change the sponsor later. 

u7mN7b1.png

Swansea has changed their badge.

That's a pretty big step down from the abstract black swan. The year of foundation in copper colour is a nice touch, belongs on a much better crest.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Some more recent unveilings:

Sporting CP home, which is basically last year's home kit (inset) with white and green swapped:

scp-home-inset.jpg

Porto away:

porto-away.jpg

Porto third, inspired by squad that played in the 1984 Cup Winners' Cup final against Juventus:

porto-3rd.jpg

Ajax home:

ajax-home.jpg

PSV Eindhoven away:

psv-away.jpg

Galatasaray home:

FVb77qvWAAA5yQg.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

Long overdue. As it stands, the yellow lion doesn't stand out well against the blue background and many fans have wanted a return to a roundel shape.

I personally prefer the 2000s logo with the shield and stripe combo on it. It's a favourite childhood logo of him, in the days where I saw it in one of those modified, pirated, and patched-up PES discs back in my childhood days. No need for the roundel, really.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

I personally prefer the 2000s logo with the shield and stripe combo on it. It's a favourite childhood logo of him, in the days where I saw it in one of those modified, pirated, and patched-up PES discs back in my childhood days. No need for the roundel, really.

The team won the European Cup with a roundel on their shirts, so it's highly likely that the new Aston Villa crest will be one.

Barcelona away -- keeps the Olympic theme going with the gold color and the sleeve trim modeled after the 1992 medal ribbons:

barca-away-1.jpg

Wolfsburg home and away:

wolfsburg-home.jpg

wolfsburg-away.jpg

VfL Bochum third -- with Mizuno replacing Nike as kit supplier:

bochum-3rd.jpg

On 2022-06-28 at 4:05 AM, officeglenn said:

Barcelona away -- keeps the Olympic theme going with the gold color and the sleeve trim modeled after the 1992 medal ribbons:

barca-away-1.jpg

The crest doesn't look all that nice just monochrome and the cuff trim should be on the collar as well (and considering those colours are the ones found on the medal ribbons, wouldn't the collar be the obvious place to put them?), but the gold with the map of Barcelona is just beautiful.

• Like 4

Buckle up, there have been quite a few unveilings over the past few days.

Paris Saint-Germain home:

psg-home-1.jpg

Southampton home — inspired by “the flamboyant and free-flowing Saints side of the early ’80s":

southampton-home.jpg

Newcastle third:

newcastle-third.jpg

Schalke 04 home:

FWap1GJXoAER1kt.jpg

FC Augsburg home, away and third:

augsburg-home-750x500.jpg

augsburg-away-750x500.jpg

augsburg-3rd-750x500.jpg

Union Berlin third:

union-berlin-third.jpg

Atalanta home and away:

atalanta-home-1.jpg

atalanta-away-1.jpg

2 hours ago, ssj_homeslice said:

the newcastle third kit being a literal reproduction of the saudi national kit is so cynical it's hilarious

As a fan of The Toon, that shirt makes me sick. Not just that it's in the Saudi colours, but the recoloured crest and the 130 Years script on the back which looks like an afterthought.

Also following the lead of Barcelona, Bayern are going to release a kit with the Olympic Colours, for the 50 year anniversary of the Olympiastadion, though considering it's a venue with a running track it wasn't that great of a venue and Bayern only really started dominating German football when they left for the Allianz.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

As a fan of The Toon, that shirt makes me sick. Not just that it's in the Saudi colours, but the recoloured crest and the 130 Years script on the back which looks like an afterthought.

Also following the lead of Barcelona, Bayern are going to release a kit with the Olympic Colours, for the 50 year anniversary of the Olympiastadion, though considering it's a venue with a running track it wasn't that great of a venue and Bayern only really started dominating German football when they left for the Allianz.

They've basically owned the Bundesliga since 1993-1994. Allianz Arena didn't open until 2005. It's also strange that they're wearing a kit to celebrate a stadium they don't use anymore.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

10 hours ago, ssj_homeslice said:

the newcastle third kit being a literal reproduction of the saudi national kit is so cynical it's hilarious

I rather they turn up in long robes and a cap instead, and every time they scored a goal they should stop and pray 5 times before resuming again.

12 hours ago, plobrien said:

It's crazy how a lot of these ads ruin otherwise good looking jerseys, just by being different colors or ugly wordmarks 

One of the biggest advantages of monochrome sponsor logos is the ability to recolour them to fit in the aesthetics of the jersey.