Jump to content

2022-23 International Club Soccer Kits


Recommended Posts

I have no idea why Celtic decided to bring back the 93-94 jersey.

On 2022-06-09 at 7:15 PM, MJWalker45 said:

Everton needs the cash to help get players into the team and start prepping for their move away from Goodison Park, they're hoping to get better results and now they can charge more when they have to change the sponsor later. 

 

u7mN7b1.png

Swansea has changed their badge.

 

That's a pretty big step down from the abstract black swan. The year of foundation in copper colour is a nice touch, belongs on a much better crest.

  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some more recent unveilings:

 

Sporting CP home, which is basically last year's home kit (inset) with white and green swapped:

scp-home-inset.jpg

 

Porto away:

porto-away.jpg

 

Porto third, inspired by squad that played in the 1984 Cup Winners' Cup final against Juventus:

porto-3rd.jpg

 

Ajax home:

ajax-home.jpg

 

PSV Eindhoven away:

psv-away.jpg

 

Galatasaray home:

FVb77qvWAAA5yQg.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

AUgJ1eX.png

New Crystal Palace badge, which is just a change to the year they were founded. 1905 was when they started playing football, 1861 is when they were originally established as a cricket club. 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

Long overdue. As it stands, the yellow lion doesn't stand out well against the blue background and many fans have wanted a return to a roundel shape.

I personally prefer the 2000s logo with the shield and stripe combo on it. It's a favourite childhood logo of him, in the days where I saw it in one of those modified, pirated, and patched-up PES discs back in my childhood days. No need for the roundel, really.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

I personally prefer the 2000s logo with the shield and stripe combo on it. It's a favourite childhood logo of him, in the days where I saw it in one of those modified, pirated, and patched-up PES discs back in my childhood days. No need for the roundel, really.

The team won the European Cup with a roundel on their shirts, so it's highly likely that the new Aston Villa crest will be one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Barcelona away -- keeps the Olympic theme going with the gold color and the sleeve trim modeled after the 1992 medal ribbons:

barca-away-1.jpg

 

Wolfsburg home and away:

wolfsburg-home.jpg

wolfsburg-away.jpg

 

VfL Bochum third -- with Mizuno replacing Nike as kit supplier:

bochum-3rd.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2022-06-28 at 4:05 AM, officeglenn said:

Barcelona away -- keeps the Olympic theme going with the gold color and the sleeve trim modeled after the 1992 medal ribbons:

barca-away-1.jpg

 

The crest doesn't look all that nice just monochrome and the cuff trim should be on the collar as well (and considering those colours are the ones found on the medal ribbons, wouldn't the collar be the obvious place to put them?), but the gold with the map of Barcelona is just beautiful.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Buckle up, there have been quite a few unveilings over the past few days.

 

Paris Saint-Germain home:

psg-home-1.jpg

 

Southampton home — inspired by “the flamboyant and free-flowing Saints side of the early ’80s":

southampton-home.jpg

 

Newcastle third:

newcastle-third.jpg

 

Schalke 04 home:

FWap1GJXoAER1kt.jpg

 

FC Augsburg home, away and third:

augsburg-home-750x500.jpg

augsburg-away-750x500.jpg

augsburg-3rd-750x500.jpg

 

Union Berlin third:

union-berlin-third.jpg

 

Atalanta home and away:

atalanta-home-1.jpg

atalanta-away-1.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ssj_homeslice said:

the newcastle third kit being a literal reproduction of the saudi national kit is so cynical it's hilarious

As a fan of The Toon, that shirt makes me sick. Not just that it's in the Saudi colours, but the recoloured crest and the 130 Years script on the back which looks like an afterthought.

Also following the lead of Barcelona, Bayern are going to release a kit with the Olympic Colours, for the 50 year anniversary of the Olympiastadion, though considering it's a venue with a running track it wasn't that great of a venue and Bayern only really started dominating German football when they left for the Allianz.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

As a fan of The Toon, that shirt makes me sick. Not just that it's in the Saudi colours, but the recoloured crest and the 130 Years script on the back which looks like an afterthought.

Also following the lead of Barcelona, Bayern are going to release a kit with the Olympic Colours, for the 50 year anniversary of the Olympiastadion, though considering it's a venue with a running track it wasn't that great of a venue and Bayern only really started dominating German football when they left for the Allianz.

They've basically owned the Bundesliga since 1993-1994. Allianz Arena didn't open until 2005. It's also strange that they're wearing a kit to celebrate a stadium they don't use anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, ssj_homeslice said:

the newcastle third kit being a literal reproduction of the saudi national kit is so cynical it's hilarious

I rather they turn up in long robes and a cap instead, and every time they scored a goal they should stop and pray 5 times before resuming again.

 

12 hours ago, plobrien said:

It's crazy how a lot of these ads ruin otherwise good looking jerseys, just by being different colors or ugly wordmarks 

One of the biggest advantages of monochrome sponsor logos is the ability to recolour them to fit in the aesthetics of the jersey.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.