2022-23 International Club Soccer Kits

officeglenn

I actually really like that Arsenal third. The shade of pink is what Inter Miami used on their inaugural kits, so it’ll look almost white in certain lighting. Unlike in the case of those Miami kits, I feel like it’s pretty inconsequential here and works well with the navy and light blue. The shorts are navy, which also bumps the kit up a few notches IMO.

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

🇩🇪 Borussia Dortmund third/cup kit:

bvb-3rd-4-1.jpg

🇩🇪 Hertha Berlin third -- throwback to 1997 when they won promotion to the Bundesliga for the first time:

hertha-berlin-3rd-1.jpg

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Leicester City third -- maroon is a nod to kits they wore when they won the 2021 FA Cup:

leicester-3rd-1-1.jpg

🇪🇸 Rayo Vallecano home:

rayo-vallecano-home4.jpg

🇫🇷 FC Lorient away:

fc-lorient-away-1.jpg

🇮🇹 US Salernitana 1919 home, away and third:

salernitana-home.jpg

salernitana-away.jpg

salernitana-3rd.jpg

🇮🇹 Empoli FC home, away and third:

empoli-home-1.jpg

empoli-away-1.jpg

empoli-3rd-1.jpg

🇮🇹 AC Spezia home and away:

spezia-home.jpg

spezia-away.jpg

🇵🇹 SL Benfica away and third:

benfica-away-1.jpg

benfica-third-1.jpg

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Celtic FC third - geometric outline of Celtic Park in the Glasgow landscape woven into the sleeve cuffs:

celtic-3rc-3-1.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

🇩🇪 Hertha Berlin third -- throwback to 1997 when they won promotion to the Bundesliga for the first time:

hertha-berlin-3rd-1.jpg

Hertha BSC 22-23 Third Kit Released - Club/Nike Remake Adidas 1997 Shirt -  Footy Headlines

It's interesting that they cut the third stripes off, but it still looks closer to the original design than most other jerseys that are "inspired" by kits made by a different kit maker. I think doing the Nike wordmark by itself at the neck could have been a neat touch but it works nonetheless. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

But it wasn't the first time Hertha went up to the Bundesliga. They were a founding club of the league in 1963 and went back up in 1968, 1982, 1990 and then 1997. So it was actually the fourth time they gained promotion to the Bundesliga. ;)

• Like 3

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

On 2022-07-30 at 11:59 AM, upperV03 said:

I actually really like that Arsenal third. The shade of pink is what Inter Miami used on their inaugural kits, so it’ll look almost white in certain lighting. Unlike in the case of those Miami kits, I feel like it’s pretty inconsequential here and works well with the navy and light blue. The shorts are navy, which also bumps the kit up a few notches IMO.

Arsenal in pink just looks so weird to me that I can't move past it. That and I want the light blue to be more of a teal. Arsenal's been really into weird away kit colors in recent years and it just doesn't look right for them. Stick with yellow and dark blue! 

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

5 minutes ago, Digby said:

Arsenal in pink just looks so weird to me that I can't move past it. That and I want the light blue to be more of a teal. Arsenal's been really into weird away kit colors in recent years and it just doesn't look right for them. Stick with yellow and dark blue! 

Since the move to adidas, I feel that's what Arsenal has become. A teams that wears a color that would usually be a lighter shade and then a dark blue, light blue or black kit. I'm in agreement with you though. Manchester United had a set rotation of royal blue, black, or white alternate kits and that was it. Now they will have neon green this year. adidas and Nike seem to phone it in on kits during  a World Cup year, but it's even worse this year compared to others. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Since the move to adidas, I feel that's what Arsenal has become. A teams that wears a color that would usually be a lighter shade and then a dark blue, light blue or black kit. I'm in agreement with you though. Manchester United had a set rotation of royal blue, black, or white alternate kits and that was it. Now they will have neon green this year. adidas and Nike seem to phone it in on kits during  a World Cup year, but it's even worse this year compared to others. 

I suppose to be fair, there were regular disasters in the Puma era and even the end of the Nike contract (that purple and black striped number, what??). The return of Adidas has been frustrating because sometimes they're so close and sometimes there's this. Last year's away would've been a perfect Arsenal away kit if they didn't make it a pale lemon shade of yellow, just to be different.

(Also pink seems like a generally weird clash choice for a red/white team.)

• Like 1

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I'm sure this is old news to you all, but watching Arenal in Amazon's "All or Nothing" docuseries, I only just noticed how the club strips down their crest to only the cannon on their away jerseys. The new season's black kit has it, too. I absolutely love that. I'd prefer that as the crest on all kits and leave the regular bad for other uses. 

2 hours ago, Digby said:

Just incredible. Also fail to see how light greenish-blue is any better contrast with Brighton than the other options.

They should have just rolled out a red top and called it a day. There's not more contrast there than the white jerseys. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 2022-08-05 at 2:39 PM, aawagner011 said:

This was the best Arsenal away strip in the last 15-20 years.

spacer.png

And it was released the same season as one of the worst Arsenal home shirts - no all white sleeves and blackcurrant as an accent colour for the first time on the home.

They should have just rolled out a red top and called it a day. There's not more contrast there than the white jerseys. 

As for Newcastle wearing a red shirt, that will never happen again after this match. The red numbers on the home are traditional and should stay, but absolutely no way should The Toon ever wear red for the change. Maroon or burgundy is fine, but red should stay buried.

23 minutes ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

As for Newcastle wearing a red shirt, that will never happen again after this match. The red numbers on the home are traditional and should stay, but absolutely no way should The Toon ever wear red for the change. Maroon or burgundy is fine, but red should stay buried.

A game played 50 years ago should not be the reason you don't avoid a kit clash. Yellow shirts would probably work as well though. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 minute ago, MJWalker45 said:

A game played 50 years ago should not be the reason you don't avoid a kit clash. Yellow shirts would probably work as well though. 

A game played 50 years ago that ended in one of the most humiliating defeats in our history is a good enough reason never to wear that kit or that colour shirt again, which was also in the main colour of local rivals Sunderland.

Yellow and green were our change colours for years and bringing that colour combo would go down well with the fans, but that has been on the shelf for almost 30 years.