2022-23 International Club Soccer Kits

officeglenn

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2022/11/exclusive-adidas-to-release-sponsorless-version-of-23-24-third-kits.html

Reportedly, adidas will have sponsor free third kits for their top teams next season. Too bad it won't be for all home shirts. I'm also wondering if these sponsor free kits will be similar to the MLS replicas, with other uniform details missing besides the sponsors. 

• Love 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 11/13/2022 at 4:04 AM, radchad said:

Championship Challenge - LEGO #3409 (Building Sets > Sports)

Have that set in 3x3 version.

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'm also wondering if these sponsor free kits will be similar to the MLS replicas, with other uniform details missing besides the sponsors. 

I'm afraid it might be. Since last season non-US replicas missing some details like stripes on United shirts.

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/29/2022 at 1:23 AM, MrOrange said:

🤫 I'd pay extra to not have sponsors 🙃 on my team's gear...

• no free walking adboards for whatever terrible or dumb companies
  • no ruined designs because of a letterbox etc.

No idea why, but here in Israel you often have to pay extra to get the version  with  the sponsor, which I don't know why anyone would do.

• Like 2
  • WOAH 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2023 at 10:44 AM, MJWalker45 said:

Nottingham Forest wearing a shirt sponsor for the only time this season. UNHCR.

They're wearing the UNHCR logo until the end of the season.

https://news.sportslogos.net/2022/12/22/nottingham-forest-to-sport-unhcr-logo-on-shirts-for-remainder-of-2022-23-season/soccer/

• Like 1

Wish we could dump sponsors entirely from

kits. I’m ok with the uniform manufacturer’s small logos. 

Problem is it would take an unprecedented amount of cooperation among the top countries, because right now everybody “has” to do it to stay competitive 

• Like 1

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Wrexham are wearing their regular league kits in the FA Cup, hopefully they'll have a proper FA Cup jersey in the next round. I understand they only get so many shirts a year. I think all of the National League teams have worn their regular kits for Cup competitions.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 1/6/2023 at 11:23 AM, officeglenn said:

Arsenal bringing back the "No More Red" kits for their FA Cup match against Oxford United on Monday:

kit.jpg

Some changes between the kits in the announcement photos and what Arsenal is actually wearing today. Adidas logo and crest are solid black, while sponsor logos are outlined in black. Numbers are white with a black outline and grey drop shadow; no names on the backs. 

2 hours ago, officeglenn said:

Some changes between the kits in the announcement photos and what Arsenal is actually wearing today. Adidas logo and crest are solid black, while sponsor logos are outlined in black. Numbers are white with a black outline and grey drop shadow; no names on the backs. 

The number font isn't what they'd been using either.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

The number font isn't what they'd been using either.

It's the same as last year's No More Red kits, but yes, different from the font they used for the League Cup and Europa League this season. Here's a shot from last year:

PRI_217849375-640x360-1.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, officeglenn said:

I understand they want to do white out or balck out or red out kits like this but the reality is there needs to be an outline or key on all aspects of the jersey to make it recognizable otherwise it looks like a plain shirt.

7 minutes ago, Digby said:

Does the FA Cup have looser rules around kit design as well as the number of registered kits that a club has?

Yes, especially when it comes to lower league sides that may only have two options. Everton actually paid for a uniform set for Boreham Wood one year because both of their options didn't clash enough with Everton's home kit. 

Regular shirts

BLUE IS THE COLOUR! | Boreham Wood Football Club

Cup kit

Everton 2-0 Boreham Wood: Toffees end non-league Wood's FA Cup run in fifth  round

In the past, teams like Barnet FC have made entirely new cup jersey depending on the opponents, as a way of getting more money into the team. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 months later...
On 8/13/2022 at 5:44 PM, SSmith48 said:

New thirds for Manchester United made their debut today against Brentford... I hope these things are burned and never seen again, especially after that embarrassment of a loss. Can hardly make out where the players are on the field.

N5SNKML5NFNNVEPKAF4VN5NRWE.jpg

That loss must have been enough for Ten Hag to virtually abandon the kit. I have not seen those uniforms at all, if not only once or twice since that match vs Brentford. And I highly doubt we'll see them going forward.

• Like 1

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

15 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

That loss must have been enough for Ten Hag to virtually abandon the kit. I have not seen those uniforms at all, if not only once or twice since that match vs Brentford. And I highly doubt we'll see them going forward.

They've been worn since, usually in Europa League. They've been on sale since December though so I'm guessing they aren't going to be worn unless absolutely required. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png