2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

32 minutes ago, Volt said:

I hate when Miami wears Aqua pants, period.  As someone else said, pants should never be darker than the helmet, it just looks bottom-heavy.  

There are so many teams at the pro and college level that make this “rule” questionable at best. 

• Like 7

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

18 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

This right here is my biggest rule. Of the three elements (helmet, jersey, pants), at least two should match (preferably the helmet and pants), and if not, the helmet simply cannot be the lightest item. It makes the entire set look incredibly amateurish. Like, high school JV levels of bad.

I held this opinion for years, even including the Chargers' older sets with gold pants and a white helmet, but I don't mind it at all with the Chargers' new set. Even Wyoming, the only other team that looks alright going white/dark/medium, would look better in my book if they stuck with a yellow helmet. 

In general, I staunchly agree with this rule. In the case of the Chargers, it's the exception. Something about the simplicity, color scheme, and color balance looks perfect. Just as good as their white/blue/white combo in my book, depending on who they wear it against. 

• Like 8

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

So, clearly we have learned over the years that teams can make pant adjustments/additions without it counting as a redesign.

If enough of us spam the Bengals with photoshops of the white pants with a black side stripe w/ orange stripes as they are, can we make that a campaign for the offseason?

The clown fish pants are the only thing holding that set back from being my favorite in the NFL.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2

I, on the other hand, couldn't care less about "rules"...if it looks good, it looks good. If it don't, it don't—that's the only rule I care about. I do have certain preferences, sure, but I’m flexible about those, too—I actually care more about contrast than anything else—and the more mono looks we see, the more I find that to be the case. That said...

1 hour ago, PERRIN said:

I held this opinion for years, even including the Chargers' older sets with gold pants and a white helmet, but I don't mind it at all with the Chargers' new set. Even Wyoming, the only other team that looks alright going white/dark/medium, would look better in my book if they stuck with a yellow helmet. 

In general, I staunchly agree with this rule. In the case of the Chargers, it's the exception. Something about the simplicity, color scheme, and color balance looks perfect. Just as good as their white/blue/white combo in my book, depending on who they wear it against. 

...This is a perfect example (that I also agree with). When you can explain it no other way, conventions be doggone, then it just plain out looks good. Now, on the other side of this white/dark/medium spectrum, we had this:

tennessee-titans-quarterback-vince-young

Granted, that was a short-lived combo during the five or six seasons Tennessee designated the light blue tops as primaries—but the Snatit tried it both ways and neither looked good. Much of that could probably be attributed to the fact that that uniform wasn't designed to be worn that way, but still. 

• Like 6

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

3 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

So every white helmeted team should always wear white pants when they wear white jerseys? No thanks.

Yes.

Happy to let you show me examples of where dark pants/light helmet look better than a matching or light-color pant.

• Dislike 3

10 minutes ago, Indigo said:

1183017-sp-0911-chargers-9-rcg.jpgx383vfvzf85mmu2je6nhbd803bd1-3093-47b2-bba0-5c05445611c3-USA230108-buffalo-bills-jm-1042-31275c.jpgbzrlhhkbyrrfozw7dcfk.jpg19428627.jpeg9659298-darrelle-revis-nfl-new-york-jetsenopkzueyqlllqkse9jj.jpghi-res-6606222_crop_north.jpg?13684719721235812504.0.jpg

Glad you spent the time sourcing these photos for me to confirm for you that all of these combinations are trash.

They'd all look better with color-matched pants or White pants.  The only exception may be the Chargers when wearing Blue jerseys, but not White.

• Like 1
  • Meh 1
  • Huh? 3
  • Yawn 3
  • Dislike 6

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

tennessee-titans-quarterback-vince-young

Completely forgot about this combo, that's another one that works quite well. I miss this set so much in hindsight, never appreciated it nearly enough until after it was long gone. The white/white/powder/navy combo is such a gorgeous uniform. Speaking of which...

13 minutes ago, Volt said:

Happy to let you show me examples of where dark pants/light helmet look better than a matching or light-color pant.

The old Titans set is a prime example. The powder pants look on the away is miles better than its mono-white counterpart.
LyRaQ5R.jpg

0ydoLmB.jpg

Not even a contest.

• Like 14
  • Love 2

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

32 minutes ago, Volt said:

Glad you spent the time sourcing these photos for me to confirm for you that all of these combinations are trash.

This is the first anyone’s ever said Buffalo’s white on blue or the Titans’ white on powder are trash, which makes your whole take kind of a waste of time. You’re just being contrarian for contrarian’s sake. 

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, PERRIN said:

Completely forgot about this combo, that's another one that works quite well. I miss this set so much in hindsight, never appreciated it nearly enough until after it was long gone. The white/white/powder/navy combo is such a gorgeous uniform. Speaking of which...

The old Titans set is a prime example. The powder pants look on the away is miles better than its mono-white counterpart.
LyRaQ5R.jpg

0ydoLmB.jpg

Not even a contest.

I don't mind the Powder Blues with the White jersey, but hate them with the Navy, and the White over White look is still a very good uniform. 

There's always an exception to a rule, but for the most part, if a team is wearing a light helmet with dark pants, the look is unbalanced.

You'll notice the two best exceptions here are Yellow & Powder Blue, which are not "dark" colors, which lessens the bottom-heavy feel of the combination.  Compare that to the Jets, Patriots, Bills, and Dolphins examples you gave.

5 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

This is the first anyone’s ever said Buffalo’s white on blue or the Titans’ white on powder are trash, which makes your whole take kind of a waste of time. You’re just being contrarian for contrarian’s sake. 

Buffalo's blue pants ARE awful. Especially when worn with blue socks.

That said, if the Bills did what they should and wear red socks then we have a different story.

• Like 2

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

6 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

No, I'm not.  White/White/Blue on Buffalo looks like someone forgot to paint the helmet, and they just ran out there with a molded White shell that they slapped decals on.  It's stupid and it's out of balance.  You can like it, and I can hate it, but that's not being contrarian.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 3
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, Volt said:

No, I'm not.  White/White/Blue on Buffalo looks like someone forgot to paint the helmet, and they just ran out there with a molded White shell that they slapped decals on.  It's stupid and it's out of balance.  You can like it, and I can hate it, but that's not being contrarian.

All white doesn’t look better. Don’t really need ICY whites for every team that has a white helmet. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I’m trying to figure out how there’s people who actually prefer white pants to color pants

This is what makes me laugh.

This board will weep into their keyboards about the Vikings font, then turn around and slobber over the Ravens font.

Same board will crap all over the Chiefs going mono-Red or Bills wearing Blue pants, then turn around and say, "I'm trying to figure out how there's people who actually prefer white pants to color pants".

Insane.

• Like 2
  • Huh? 2
  • Dislike 2

1 minute ago, Volt said:

This is what makes me laugh.

This board will weep into their keyboards about the Vikings font, then turn around and slobber over the Ravens font.

Same board will crap all over the Chiefs going mono-Red or Bills wearing Blue pants, then turn around and say, "I'm trying to figure out how there's people who actually prefer white pants to color pants".

Insane.

“Every team with a white helmet should only wear white pants and nothing else” is just as insane. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, WSU151 said:

“Every team with a white helmet should only wear white pants and nothing else” is just as insane. 

This:

biptg0fsl6x8qm6yhcww.jpg

Does not look better than this:

j9wiafqaoe10tn0giaa4.jpg

• LOL 1
  • Dislike 4
  • Facepalm 2