2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

13 hours ago, tBBP said:

Since we're on this, I've actually convinced myself to accept the reality of a black primary jersey IF they decide to keep to only teal pants home and away, with black pants under teal jerseys as alts (as I stated in a previous post). I'm actually planning to write a personal-penned letter to the organization advocating for just that; if any of y'all wanna co-sign this thing with me, just let me know.

My only thing with this premise is that they would need to make the cuffs on the white jersey teal to match. My OCD won't let this slide.

On here the cuffs and neck-stripe-thing match the pants, with just enough teal to not be confused with the Raiders.

usa_today_19516902.0.jpg

Here, however, there is no teal on the white jersey except for the swoosh. The cuffs do not match the pants.

1196894704.jpeg

If they do this, the road jersey is a proper inverse of the home jersey, as all uniforms should be.

P4uQhqN.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Love 3

7 minutes ago, Indigo said:

My only thing with this premise is that they would need to make the cuffs on the white jersey teal to match. My OCD won't let this slide.

On here the cuffs and neck-stripe-thing match the pants, with just enough teal to not be confused with the Raiders.

usa_today_19516902.0.jpg

Here, however, there is no teal on the white jersey except for the swoosh. The cuffs do not match the pants.

1196894704.jpeg

I'd say the cuffs do match the pants because: both the white jersey and teal pants have black cuffs/edges.

38 minutes ago, Indigo said:

usa_today_19516902.0.jpg

1196894704.jpeg

If they do this, the road jersey is a proper inverse of the home jersey, as all uniforms should be.

P4uQhqN.jpeg

I'm 118276% with you on that. 

• LOL 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, jags1828 said:

I know this isn't the concept section, but since we are talking Jaguars uniforms, I was bored the other day and made these. They are a mashup of the current, 2013, and 1999 uniforms. I'd keep the current helmet. 

https://twitter.com/TSHARE18/status/1615722619973558272?s=20&t=duorIm_OD16Js_ibI6O7_g

This is pretty much exactly what I’d do for the Jags, other than maybe going with a font closer to the 2013 version, and flipping the outline colors. I think their current set is fine, but it desperately needs a little bit more gold, which your concept provides perfectly.

1 hour ago, Indigo said:

usa_today_19516902.0.jpg

1196894704.jpeg

P4uQhqN.jpeg

I’m not in love with the current set, but this simple change would convince me to be okay with them keeping it for the time being. The teal accents give that jersey some much-needed life and helps them avoid being a strictly black & white team, like they will be on Saturday.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tBBP said:

That move wasn't random in the least; it was 100% deliberate, at the behest of one J. Wayne Weaver, former owner, who apparently abhorred the teal. The abhorrence first manifested in '03, picked up in '05 with the removal of the stripes on the black pants—and carried over into the away look in the '09 redesign (that i keep trying to forget ever existed, except the current wordmark is a modified holdover from that era, so...). You're also correct that most of the Jags fans didn't particularly care for it—I know I sure didn't.  Enter Khan, and with him, more of an emphasis on the "Black and Teal" marketing thing that's persisted ever since. 

Since we're on this, I've actually convinced myself to accept the reality of a black primary jersey IF they decide to keep to only teal pants home and away, with black pants under teal jerseys as alts (as I stated in a previous post). I'm actually planning to write a personal-penned letter to the organization advocating for just that; if any of y'all wanna co-sign this thing with me, just let me know.

I don't hate this idea, as the black over teal and white over teal combos are my favorites for them rn. 

But, I simply don't understand how the franchise decided to stray away from this. These uniforms were a 10/10. 

Fred Taylor Q&A

• Like 18
  • Love 2

11 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Personally, I loved a lot of the original facemasks. 

gettyimages-2806604.jpg

56587e7b84307658008b5c23?width=1033&form

adewale-ogunleye-chicago-bears-960.jpg

If only they sleeves were long enough for teams to fit the numbers AND stripes on the sleeve again...

51535150.jpeg2005-nfc-wild-card-playoff-game---washin82904680.jpg.0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Meh 1
  • Dislike 3

34 minutes ago, Indigo said:

If only they sleeves were long enough for teams to fit the numbers AND stripes on the sleeve again...

51535150.jpeg82904680.jpg.0.jpg

I've said it before, but I'm not a fan of cuff detailing and numbers being squeezed into the sleeve area and I vastly prefer how the Bears and Chiefs look today.  Slapping them both on the shoulder doesn't give either element room to breathe, and when there's plenty of space on the shoulders, it feels silly to not use it. The Chiefs' switch from cuff to sleeve striping in 2012 was the only uniform tweak they've ever needed, and it turned their set - at least in my opinion - from a solid yet forgettable classic set to a top 5 look that fits perfectly in today's NFL. Cuff detail going away due to the space shrinking is a bit disappointing, as it looks great when done well (see Washington), but I'm all in favor of separating TV numbers and stripes, especially with today's templates being even smaller than these examples. 

• Like 12

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

35 minutes ago, PERRIN said:

I've said it before, but I'm not a fan of cuff detailing and numbers being squeezed into the sleeve area and I vastly prefer how the Bears and Chiefs look today.  Slapping them both on the shoulder doesn't give either element room to breathe, and when there's plenty of space on the shoulders, it feels silly to not use it. The Chiefs' switch from cuff to sleeve striping in 2012 was the only uniform tweak they've ever needed, and it turned their set - at least in my opinion - from a solid yet forgettable classic set to a top 5 look that fits perfectly in today's NFL. Cuff detail going away due to the space shrinking is a bit disappointing, as it looks great when done well (see Washington), but I'm all in favor of separating TV numbers and stripes, especially with today's templates being even smaller than these examples. 

While I definitley agree with you that with modern uniform cuts, utilizing the shoulder area is vastly superior, part of me wishes that the sleeves were long enough to do the above, just to keep consistency with the originals from the 20th century. 

It's unfeasable now, and despite not beling alive in this era, I wish we could see these sleeve designs once more.

o4jswtrz1wn1oinnvztm0-season-FWASR-1990.jpg1982-walter-payton-001310617jpg.jpg

• Meh 1
  • Dislike 1

46 minutes ago, Indigo said:

While I definitley agree with you that with modern uniform cuts, utilizing the shoulder area is vastly superior, part of me wishes that the sleeves were long enough to do the above, just to keep consistency with the originals from the 20th century. 

It's unfeasable now, and despite not beling alive in this era, I wish we could see these sleeve designs once more.

Way back in the day when there was room, I'd definitely agree with you. Those are some gorgeous looks. It's inverse of today's problem; back then there's almost too much room to fit elements, and going bare-shoulder works far better than having a huge gap between numbers and stripes. Definitely a shame that traditional sleeves are no longer viable, but what we've got now isn't too bad. I'm mostly saying I wish teams made the switch earlier in the 2000s, rather than waiting until Nike took control. It was a long overdue change that served as an obvious solution. Cuts were too small for years before teams did anything about it, and teams like the chiefs were stuck in a weird limbo period for a bit.

• Like 5

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

18 hours ago, PERRIN said:

It's funny.  I fell almost the complete opposite of this.  I feel like the change was a huge downgrade.

18 hours ago, Indigo said:

Seconded.

• Like 3

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

23 hours ago, Indigo said:

There isn't a great solution because the flapping sleeve creates far too obvious a target for an opposing player to grab onto. This was especially true in the era of wider shoulder pads when there was a significant shelf to drape the sleeve over. Unless your arms were as inhumanly jacked as 90's comic characters, there was going to be loose fabric.

In the 80's and 90's, that was usually solved by taking some string, folding the sleeve up and tying it off just above the bicep. This is what led to the elastic sleeve end, since player could roll their sleeves up and they would stay put without having to be tied.

1985-chicago-bears-with-stickerjpg.jpg

If there's an solution to adding space to jersey sleeves it in once again making them wrist or forearm length, like they were in the early days of football when shoulder pads were similar in size to the small ones we see today. Essentially turning football jerseys back into something like a hockey sweater.

t2otto-grahamjpg.jpg

I don't think that's likely to happen, especially since players already have very different tastes on undershirt styles. 

But honestly, I don't mind. If anything we've reached an era where sleeve striping is practically in vogue with teams like the Browns and Lions heavily favoring wide stripes and the Patriots returning to UCLA stripes.

• Like 3

Real memo in Giants locker room:

urhbm7a0t1da1.png.webp

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."