2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

Those first few years the Eagles' uniforms went through several changes (along with the 49ers, Ravens, and Saints of the same time frame)--but yes, the numbers went from simply outlined to outlined and drop-shadowed somewhere around the turn of the century. (they may have also been thinned down just a tad to accommodate the extra adornments.) The pants stripe changed some, too, from the braishers in the above photos to at one point one solid black stripe (or maybe those were the prototypes--I may be misremembering), to eventually the Reds--er, former Washington Football Team-esque pants stripes that they wear today. Where the charcoal showed up in all that I don't remember, probably around the same time as the dropshadows if I had to guess. 

First few years of the midnight green featured changes nearly each season.  Other than the white jersey losing its stripes and gaining the eagle logo, most changes were unnoticed to the average person (basically just cuff and collar trim.)  Green pants originally had a solid black stripe with eagle logo on the hip, then they dropped the eagle once they added it to the white jersey.

The major update occurred in 2003 to coincide with the opening of the Linc.  Charcoal outlines, black outline/shadow on the numbers, new wordmark under collar, and asymmetrical pants stripes on both pants.  Major upgrades all around, IMO.  Other than template changes, there hasn't been a single change to the uniform since '03.

Not going to acknowledge "braishers".  That's not a real thing.  It's just something that one member went out of his way to make a thing - but it's not.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• TBGKon locked this topic