2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

32 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

Well Cincy still chose white on white both years, assuming they get to choose at the beginning of each postseason.

Because they decided it would be their best look with their white jersey to represent them on a national scale. Im pretty sure they just see it as their “main” away look at this point, not the least reason because it’s reminiscent of the color rush. Last year, for their first playoff run with the set, they put their cards on the table and decided that WWB was their best choice on the road. I don’t think there has to be any voodoo involved for them to simply run back that same sentiment a year later. Idk, I think the recent climaxes in the mix and match era have just broken our brains to where we can’t see a team acting consistently with precedents that they have set for themselves without analyzing it as though they’re going out of their way to do so.

On 1/31/2023 at 7:27 PM, Cujo said:
KC's going white/white, aren't they? 🧐

Nope.  And based on that pic, there was no reason to think they were.

• Like 4
  • Huh? 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I’ve been as harsh a critic as anyone on the league’s systematic approach to Super Bowl logos and branding; I have to say, the patch for this year looks excellent on the uniforms. The colors work very well to help the patch stand out, and is far removed from the duller logo patches of recent years. The branding for the game as a whole seems so much stronger than recent years as well. I love the southwestern patterns, colors, and grain gradient they’re using.

This year’s logo isn’t perfect, but it’s by far my favorite Super Bowl logo since the league began standardizing them. I hope the league keeps pushing the branding forward in future years like this.

• Like 12

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I’ve been as harsh a critic as anyone on the league’s systematic approach to Super Bowl logos and branding; I have to say, the patch for this year looks excellent on the uniforms. The colors work very well to help the patch stand out, and is far removed from the duller logo patches of recent years. The branding for the game as a whole seems so much stronger than recent years as well. I love the southwestern patterns, colors, and grain gradient they’re using.

This year’s logo isn’t perfect, but it’s by far my favorite Super Bowl logo since the league began standardizing them. I hope the league keeps pushing the branding forward in future years like this.

My thoughts exactly. With the Las Vegas leak appearing to carry on the same style, I'm pleasantly excited for the future of Super Bowl logos. I'm perfectly fine with the template they're going with so long as they incorporate some local flair, which they're finally doing after a decade of blandness. 

• Like 7

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

Just now, GrayJ12 said:

Interesting that they would arch the Roman numerals; I would assume they did it to make the numerals legible?

Also, resembles the Bellagio...

• Like 2

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

3 hours ago, PERRIN said:

My thoughts exactly. With the Las Vegas leak appearing to carry on the same style, I'm pleasantly excited for the future of Super Bowl logos. I'm perfectly fine with the template they're going with so long as they incorporate some local flair, which they're finally doing after a decade of blandness. 

They've been doing a five-year theme for the logos from my observation. I don't know what will be in store for after Super Bowl LX, but I hope they continue with the more vibrant colors.

• Like 2

As far as templated SB logos, I really like this new style where there’s at least some flair to the city represented. Vegas one gets a B+ from me.

Eagles/Chiefs is going to be a good looking Super Bowl. The Chiefs going heavy red with the pants will clash really well with Philly, who will have a decent amount of white. 

Arizonas TV lighting tends to dull colors a bit, glad the Chiefs went with red to clash more.

• Like 7

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

3 hours ago, PERRIN said:

Would hate to ever see it on the field, but as a fashion jersey, this kicks ass.

I wouldn’t even mind seeing it on the field, if it was for the (former) Pro Bowl or something. The colors are awesome.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1