2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

Alright, I am super intrigued by the reporter saying he saw the Texans new uniforms.Ā 

Ā 

Did he see concepts?Ā 

Ā 

Didn't Houston just begin its exploratory phase for new unis?Ā 

Ā 

I am very skeptical that they are already done and that the first thought of the organization was show the media. Out of any group of people, showing the media would be the last priority -- and for good reason.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

Better than white at least. A bit strange how this combo is rarely worn during the regular season but has now been worn in the postseason twice since 2019.

Ā 

The last time the all purple, the regular one, was worn at home was against the Packers many years ago at the HHH dome.

Ā 

This is the opposite of the week 16 meeting.Ā I guess this avoids too much white.

Ā 

• Like 1

Better than white at least. A bit strange how this combo is rarely worn during the regular season but has now been worn in the postseason twice since 2019.

Donā€™t know if this is an unpopular opinion but I prefer the Vikings in all purple compared to the purple jerseys with white pants and socks. Purple/white/purple is their best home look but for some reason the Vikings have insisted on wearing the same color pants and socks this season

• Like 7

Ā 

My overall opinion of the Vikings uniforms has really fallen off a cliff this season. This set made it's debut in 2013, and at the time, as a fan, I was a fan.Ā  True, a big part of that was the silly costume it replaced, but I still thought it was a really strong design, one of the better of the Nike era. I don't personally use phrases like "modern classic" but I know that gets thrown around for them, and I kinda see why.Ā  But somehow, as time has passed, the current look has definitely gotten stale IMO.Ā  And this year, with the multiple use of the dark monochrome and the total failure to contrast the socks, I'm kind of over it. If I had my way, they'd redesign with an eye to their mid 60's look... the classic uniform before the number outlines were nixed and when the road still mimicked the home...

spacer.png

Unfortunately, there's a better than average chance that a redesign would goĀ  very very badly, so maybe they should just hold tight for now.Ā 

Ā 

• Like 9

9 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Ā 

Unfortunately, there's a better than average chance that a redesign would goĀ  very very badly, so maybe they should just hold tight for now.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Even if they redesigned everything to your liking, they would ruin it with mono-chrome purple, plain white socks with the white pants, and jerseys and undershirts not tucked in.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Hat Boy said:

Ā 

Even if they redesigned everything to your liking, they would ruin it with mono-chrome purple, plain white socks with the white pants, and jerseys and undershirts not tucked in.

Honestly so much this.Ā 
Ā 

The Bills have a top set. That they then go and ruin by unstriped socks and going full mono blue and full mono white on the road.Ā 

• Like 6

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

1 hour ago, AnPheitseog said:

Honestly so much this.Ā 
Ā 

The Bills have a top set. That they then go and ruin by unstriped socks and going full mono blue and full mono white on the road.Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, Hat Boy said:

Ā 

amen, and it's not going to get better because the high school players love this crap too.Ā Ā 

• Like 2

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

15 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

Seahawks have confirmed gray pants. Between that and the red endzones, this game will at least feel a little different than most of their recent meetings.

Ā 

I always likes when teams added color to the endzones for the playoffs.Ā  Bucs have done this before as well.

• Like 2

Couple different things I want to say that I'm just throwing into one post:

Colored endzones are better 10/10 times, shame it takes until the postseason for it to happen (although shared use stadiums it makes sense, turf can be washed out a la Atlanta and LA)

Bengals - Ravens used up their goodĀ  matchup last week, and I feel like they both knew they had to change to differentiate. Black over White vs White over Black is a tough matchup to watch.

Bengals set would look infinitely better if the stripes on the pants matched the stripes on the helmet. No need for the outline and white filler. They also need orange socks/accessories to look good, but at least they do that.

Vikings best look is when the jersey is purple and the pants are white, or vice versa. No mono looks.

And no shot Houston has a new set for next year beyond updated patchwork, or changing the red jersey number font to blue. Production on 2023 merch has already begun, which includes jerseys, no chance they have any update to a brand (unless they had something finalized previously and the polling of fans was a late stage double check that it would be well received, rather than exploratory analysis).

• Like 5

p65A9Ts.png

Ā XEK7sAn.png