International Club Soccer 2022-2023

MJWalker45

5 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Liverpool were up 2-0 vs Real Madrid. They are now trailing 3-2 after 48 minutes. Both keepers have contributed to opponent goals. 

UPDATE: Liverpool 2-4 Real Madrid after 55 minutes. 

Liverpool and Atletico Madrid 🤝

Get tortured by Real Madrid in the European Cup in the last decade

• LOL 1

So a FC Midtjylland defender made a back pass without looking, right into the back of his own net because the keeper was outside the crease to provide an option. IT didn't really matter since they went out 5-1 on aggregate. 

PSV Eindhoven came back with 2 goals in the second half, but imploded to go out 3-2 on aggregate to Sevilla.

Juve cruised into the next round as well. 

And Bruno Fernandes gives away the opening goal by trying to hold hands with a Barcelona player. 

UPDATE: The two guys most united fans give the most crap to have taken us through to the Round of 16. That game was amazing. It's surprising how little actual possession United has had in games this year. They just look like they're ready to score at any minute again.  They had 42% possession tonight. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

22 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

So a FC Midtjylland defender made a back pass without looking, right into the back of his own net because the keeper was outside the crease to provide an option. IT didn't really matter since they went out 5-1 on aggregate. 

PSV Eindhoven came back with 2 goals in the second half, but imploded to go out 3-2 on aggregate to Sevilla.

Juve cruised into the next round as well. 

And Bruno Fernandes gives away the opening goal by trying to hold hands with a Barcelona player. 

UPDATE: The two guys most united fans give the most crap to have taken us through to the Round of 16. That game was amazing. It's surprising how little actual possession United has had in games this year. They just look like they're ready to score at any minute again.  They had 42% possession tonight. 

And now United's next opponent is another Spanish club: Real Betis

spacer.png

As for the UECL

spacer.png

• Like 1

On 2/26/2023 at 1:34 PM, MJWalker45 said:

Glory, Glory Man United!!!! Great job today and a cup win for the first time since 2017. Great game by both teams, but glad to add another trophy to the cabinet. 

On 2/26/2023 at 11:37 PM, TrueYankee26 said:

Could be the beginning of hopefully another glorious era for MUFC

Another day another win for United! 5th round FA Cup win against West Ham 3-1 after trailing in the 2nd half.

I think after today we can say United are out of the running for the EPL title. Liverpool is firing off all their powder today and the only bright spot is I'm getting 4 points from Gakpo in my fantasy league.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

20 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think after today we can say United are out of the running for the EPL title. Liverpool is firing off all their powder today and the only bright spot is I'm getting 4 points from Gakpo in my fantasy league.

7-0 Liverpool.

Yeah good thing I turned the game off lol. That..... was embarrassing.

United weren't THAT bad -- I mean they were lose by three bad but not lose by seven bad. I've thought Liverpool are "turning the corner" many times this year so they'll probably get wrecked by Real Madrid again, but seems like Nunez and Gakpo are finally asserting their places and talent.

2 hours ago, Digby said:

United weren't THAT bad -- I mean they were lose by three bad but not lose by seven bad. I've thought Liverpool are "turning the corner" many times this year so they'll probably get wrecked by Real Madrid again, but seems like Nunez and Gakpo are finally asserting their places and talent.

Seeing how badly they were passing the ball, I think United was just running out of gas. They've been playing at least twice a week for a month now. I almost feel bad for next week's opponents. I would have agreed they weren't 7-0 bad, but that's what we were today. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png