International Club Soccer 2022-2023

MJWalker45

https://www.espn.com/soccer/brazilian-serie-a/story/4932687/corinthians-hire-cuca-despite-1987-rape-convictiondraw-protest-from-womens-team

Not a good look for a team to hire a coach with a history like this. Brazil has had a very poor relationship with it's women players and fans, and this continues that disengagement.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/tottenham-hotspur-engtottenham/story/4932845/tottenham-sack-interim-boss-cristian-stellini-after-6-1-thrashing-at-newcastle-ryan-mason-to-take-charge

New EPL record for manages sacked in a season. It should be interesting to see if Spurs make a permanent hire immediately or wait until after the season. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 minute ago, TrueYankee26 said:

5-0 within the first 21 minutes

Also Tottenham reimbursing fans who traveled to Newcastle 

If this loss gets Kane over to Man United, I'll send Newcastle a thank you note. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

If Southampton lose to Nottingham Forest today, they are all but relegated.  They are currently at least 8 points and 10 goals (Leicester City) away from safety if the Everton at Brighton result holds. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

In the Championship, Millwall choked away a chance at a playoff after leading 3-1, losing 4-3 at home to Blackburn. Coventry and Sunderland go 5th and 6th respectively and to the playoffs against Middlesbrough (4th) and Luton (3rd) while Millwall finishes 8th behind Blackburn

And now Nottingham win a high scoring game with Southampton, getting out of the relegation zone for now while increasing Southampton's chances of getting relegated

Edited by TrueYankee26
  • LOL 1

Watching the Sunderland and Millwall games simultaneously today was so stressful. I lost all hope when Millwall went up 3-1 and Sunderland kept missing chance after chance. It all paid off in the end though. Definitely didn't imagine the Black Cats making it to the playoffs in their first season back in the Championship (especially in spite of all the injuries), but damn it feels good to come this far. Even if we don't earn promotion this year, next season is looking very promising. 

• Like 2

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Dancing in the middle of a bitter rivals field wasn't the smartest way to celebrate. It doesn't absolve the fans rushing the field, but it seems pretty brain dead by Barcelona and pretty mean since Espanyol is probably going down to Liga B. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

8 hours ago, battistadonati said:

Lol, it's kind of a standard situation. The main thing is that there were no accidents!

It just seemed like a lack of sportsmanship or awareness, since it's been released that Barcelona police reportedly told them not to do it and they did it anyways. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Newcastle has secured Champions League football for the first time in 20 years. Pretty remarkable all things considered. I know they have the richest owners in the world now, but they haven't been the highest spenders on transfers/players to achieve this (only a matter of time until they are though). Started following this team back when they had been freshly demoted to the championship for the first time and I only saw them in the CL on FIFA. 

Would love to see Pulisic join them in the off-season as he would be a perfect fit, however I can't imagine Chelsea willingly transfer him to a main competitor. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Fun Fact: Next Bundesliga season is the first one since 1987 where we only have one team from Berlin, which is not Hertha BSC.

In the 86/87 season we had Blau-Weiß 1890 Berlin in the Bundesliga (I know you have never heard of them) for one season, while Hertha was wasting some time in the third division.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

On 5/22/2023 at 5:04 PM, Rockstar Matt said:

Newcastle has secured Champions League football for the first time in 20 years. Pretty remarkable all things considered. I know they have the richest owners in the world now, but they haven't been the highest spenders on transfers/players to achieve this (only a matter of time until they are though). Started following this team back when they had been freshly demoted to the championship for the first time and I only saw them in the CL on FIFA. 

Would love to see Pulisic join them in the off-season as he would be a perfect fit, however I can't imagine Chelsea willingly transfer him to a main competitor. 

As much money as they'll need to clear to bring in players I'd be surprised if Pulisic isn't moved somewhere. Mount is touted to move to either Liverpool or Manchester United, but he shouldn't move at that $55 million price tag. The question is who else is going out the door as well? United has cut Phil Jones, because he's finally healthy enough to get out. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png