International Club Soccer 2022-2023

MJWalker45

2 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

He's going out like a :censored: because he's not the first option anymore. I'll be happy to see the back of him. When your only argument seems to be, "Sir Alex knows these guys suck", . . . YEs! We all know the Glazers suck. But the new coach is going to run the team the way that works for him. Seeing how badly the team crashed with Ragnick I'm not surprised Ronaldo didn't rate him. He's probably the one that spent a lot o time undermining him as well. I want some tape of the first Portugal practice since they seem to be in opposite camps in regards to Ten Hag. 

On 11/11/2022 at 8:03 PM, waltere said:

I like how the graphics for the two higher profile tournaments trust the viewer to recognize the clubs from their crests, but with  (mostly) smaller teams populating the Conference League they just straight up write the names underneath 

It's pretty funny when the one you don't know have their names spelled out already. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

20 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

He's going out like a :censored: because he's not the first option anymore. I'll be happy to see the back of him. When your only argument seems to be, "Sir Alex knows these guys suck", . . . YEs! We all know the Glazers suck. But the new coach is going to run the team the way that works for him. Seeing how badly the team crashed with Ragnick I'm not surprised Ronaldo didn't rate him. He's probably the one that spent a lot o time undermining him as well. I want some tape of the first Portugal practice since they seem to be in opposite camps in regards to Ten Hag. 

It's pretty funny when the one you don't know have their names spelled out already. 

He better lead Portugal to a World Cup win otherwise he will get burned harder than a July in Qatar

• LOL 1

52 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

He better lead Portugal to a World Cup win otherwise he will get burned harder than a July in Qatar

Watching Bruno basically give him the, "You know you messed up" look in the locker room yesterday, I would be surprised if he has a contract with United by the end of the tournament. They may just have to cover most of his wages and send him somewhere else for the rest of the season, or just burn it down with all of his merchandise. I like the guy, but this has been a case of the big kid trying to push around the new teacher and getting upset when the teacher has the backing of the principal this time. Some fans are pretending this may be enough to get the Glazers to sell, but they've already said they won't listen to a bid below $10 billion pounds. 

https://www.eurosport.com/football/world-cup/2022/cristiano-ronaldo-and-bruno-fernandes-handshake-at-portugal-training-played-down-as-a-joke-by-joao-m_sto9227810/story.shtml

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

16 hours ago, Digby said:

I was surprised he even made it past the summer window. Ten Hag didn't seem to rate him from the start. Too bad the Glazers probably overpaid a year ago and now are blinded by the sunk costs.

His weekly wages are massive and that's why he's not able to move where he wants to. Solve that and he's out the door.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 11/16/2022 at 3:46 PM, tigers said:

Never understood the hate for Ronaldo, seems Man Ure's problems are greater than just one man.

2nd best player i've seen live.

He's one of the best, but walking off during a game is not what great players should be doing. I like the guy, but he's decided that the coach should be beholden to him and that can't happen on any team, much less Manchester United.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

He's one of the best, but walking off during a game is not what great players should be doing. I like the guy, but he's decided that the coach should be beholden to him and that can't happen on any team, much less Manchester United.

I understand that one player of one coach etc is not bigger than any club but there was a rumour he asked to be taken off due to an injury he suffered at training during the week but the manager said no, so this led to him walking off.

Personally i think we can let this one indifference slide as long as he doesn't do it again.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

12 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Manchester United have actually done it. They release CR7.

I'm glad to see the back of him. I don't think he did that interview just because he was upset. If that was the case, go talk to the manager in the office. If you think someone wants you gone, call them out instead of being opaque and giving titles that aren't even at the club. Now the question is, who are United planning to go get in January? Because they're going to have to do that now. Watching Gakpo yesterday, I'd love for them to bring him in now instead of waiting for summer, but I think any player they bring in will get the reverse of a going out of business price. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'm glad to see the back of him. I don't think he did that interview just because he was upset. If that was the case, go talk to the manager in the office. If you think someone wants you gone, call them out instead of being opaque and giving titles that aren't even at the club. Now the question is, who are United planning to go get in January? Because they're going to have to do that now. Watching Gakpo yesterday, I'd love for them to bring him in now instead of waiting for summer, but I think any player they bring in will get the reverse of a going out of business price. 

And now the club is up for sale officially.

22 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/63729875

He's also been given a two match ban for knocking a phone out of a fan that was cursing at him last season. Won't affect him at the World Cup, or probably any league other than the Premier League. So if he goes to Chelsea, he'll get an extra two games to rest up. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

22 hours ago, GDAWG said:

We know the first factor, if these rumors are true, is the money, because if Saudi Arabia is paying him that much, it's probably also what Messi is getting, currently to represent Saudi Arabia, or to eventually play there too.  That's why I wonder if the plan for Saudi Arabia is to see who else they can grab. They want to make Qatar look like small peanuts and this would help in that regard, but at what point does this blow up in their face? They've tried giving Tiger Woods over $700 million to go golf in the LIV tour, so they are fine throwing cash into the wind. Does Messi go over there too as a foil to Al Nassr? Who else gets a golden ticket? Zlatan? Pique?  There aren't that many big name stars at the back end of their careers that can move the needle like that as well as elevate the league significantly. That's what you need to improve, significantly more of the middle level players that currently aren't there to help these types of players out. I don't think you can get Neymar, MBappe, Kane or any top European stars that are 32 and younger to go for it at the moment, because that kind of league would affect national team selections. Also, because those leagues in the Middle East are so far below the level of the EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, and Ligue A, those players risk affecting their form in international tournaments if they are still included. 

*I cut and pasted this from the North American Soccer chat, because it makes more sense to keep it over here. *

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

If they want the money, that's great. It just feels like the guys who take the Saudi and China money disappear from relevancy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, Digby said:

Is this how it looked to people in Europe when Beckham came to the US in 2007?

Pretty much. Then he kept getting loans back to Europe. It did help MLS for a couple years until Pirlo, Gerrard, and Lampard came for the money and contributed nothing.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.espn.com/soccer/fifa-club-world-cup/story/4832860/fifa-to-launch-new-club-world-cup-with-32-teams-in-2025

FIFA is going to a 32 team Club World Cup in 2025. My guess is that it will move to the summer if they are trying to get that many teams in. The 2022 Club World Cup will be played in 2023, with Seattle representing CONCACAF for the first time. 

https://www.managingmadrid.com/2022/12/16/23512436/fifa-club-world-cup-dates-2023

A Women's Club World Cup is being planned as well. 

https://www.goal.com/en/news/fifa-infantino-32-team-club-world-cup-2025/blt9587e4ba77275eac

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png