International Club Soccer 2022-2023

MJWalker45

20 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

As a Manchester United fan... damn... IDK what to say. Complete disaster.

Wait, a Yankees AND a Man U fan?

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

As a Manchester United fan... damn... IDK what to say. Complete disaster.

If I lived in England I'd probably start planning for trips to QPR and Blackburn Rovers next year. They look horrible. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

When was the last time Man U wasn't in the top level?

They played in The Football League Second Division during the 1974-75 season, winning its championship and earning promotion back to the First Division. They remained there through the 1991-92 season and became an inaugural member of the Premier League in 1992-93, where they've maintained membership ever since.

• Like 1

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/uefa-and-cbs-sportsparamount-reach-six-year-deal-to-air-champions-league-europa-and-conference-league/

CBS is keeping Champions League through 2029/30.

The Swiss model will see the Champions League almost doubling in size moving from 125 total games per season to 225 with extra matchdays also being added. The total number of teams will also be raised from 32 to 36 Instead of the teams being in eight groups, they'll now be in one single table playing at least ten games. It's a tournament model frequently used in chess and implemented to create balanced fixture lists for each team.

Fixtures are to be determined based on four pots of nine teams. Each team will play 10 teams to create fixture pools of equal strength. While each team will have five home matches and five away matches, each match will be against a different team instead of the current home and away group stage circuit. Teams from the same association will still be unable to play each other in the group stage.

On 8/16/2022 at 9:36 AM, TrueYankee26 said:

If that gets the Glazers to sell it would be a win for the anti Glazers movement lol.

I was joking that United might be going down this year. But I'dexpect plenty of empty seats at the Liverpool match on Monday, or a lot of green and gold flares in the stands. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Did anyone expect a weekend like this in the EPL!?!?

Leeds whipped Chelsea 3-0

Newcastle led Man City 3-1 before sharing the points

Manchester United, who've looked lost in their first two games, win 2-0 over Liverpool.

I would have thought if the score was 2-1 to Liverpool it would be the best result possible for United. Glad to see I was wrong. Ten Hag took a big risk leaving Ronaldo on the bench and it worked this time. At Leeds, I hope this is how Leeds plays the rest of the season. With Bielsa they could have a great win or get blown off the pitch. Marsch has changed that mentality and it has paid off so far, save that Southampton draw last week.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Champions League Group Stage
Group A - Ajax, Liverpool, Napoli, Rangers

Group B - Porto, Atletico Madrid, Bayer Leverkusen, Club Bruges

Group C -  Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Inter Milan, Viktoria Plzen

Group D -  Eintracht Frankfurt, Tottenham, Sporting Lisbon, Marseille

Group E - AC Milan, Chelsea, RB Salzburg, Dinamo Zagreb

Group F - Real Madrid, RB Leipzig, Shakhtar Donetsk, Celtic

Group G - Manchester City, Sevilla, Borussia Dortmund, FC Copenhagen

Group H - Paris St-Germain, Juventus, Benfica, Maccabi Haifa

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62721343

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62722146

Scott Parker with the quickest sacking in Premier League history, after four games. Dundee United waited a little bit longer and fired their head coach after five straight losses, even though they are two points away from safety. Parker apparently pissed off his employers by saying he needed more players that can play in the Premier League. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 8/13/2022 at 4:51 PM, MJWalker45 said:

If I lived in England I'd probably start planning for trips to QPR and Blackburn Rovers next year. They look horrible. 

And now United win 4 in a row since. including wins over Liverpool and now undefeated Arsenal. That is more like it in Old Trafford lol

• Applause 1

On 9/4/2022 at 12:29 PM, TrueYankee26 said:

And now United win 4 in a row since. including wins over Liverpool and now undefeated Arsenal. That is more like it in Old Trafford lol

This weekend has been insane for poor VAR decisions in England.

Newcastle

Anyone who though that Odegaard didn't foul Eriksen are Arsenal fans, and Piers Morgan crying about the call makes me happy. 

• Applause 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 9/7/2022 at 12:23 PM, WJMorris3 said:

Tuchel out at Chelsea after the Dinamo Zagreb loss; Tedesco out at Leipzig as well after a 4-1 loss to Shakhtar Donetsk.

It seems strange to me that teams are pulling the club so quickly this year. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png