Heavy's What if The NFL and USFL had Merged? thread **Part XL: The Dallas Cowboys, America's Favourite LolCows**

heavybass

In 1996, one year after CFL team the San Antonio Texans folded, the Gunslingers owner buys the IP to the Texans for pennies and essentially uses the logo to create a new logo for the Gunslingers where Dinky Dalton now became Grumpy Tex...

AMWts8AwhdEtfnGDwgD1Z39DMyf35fi3UE682lJC

((Oh I'm going to hear the Wildright comparisons and whilst yes it is true, the look's the same... his Outlaws was a merging of the Gunslingers and the Outlaws where as in this timeline, the Outlaws exist as their own organisation and the Gunslingers here absorb the assests of the CFL Texans just like they absorbed the black that the Outlaws discarded....))

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

And so we move onto the current look of the Gunslingers.... which hasn't changed.

AMWts8BDfAblfHtgBO4m8rN5_WC-s5lrrKIU4oLE

AMWts8Bv2_6tIR31vD6L_1gaLX5vsGpaSwCCEbCy

AMWts8DVwjX6tSrsYzSgCNJ3TF31Ipp4y72lzWid

With that, the Gunslingers come to a conclusion.

((And now something I wanted to add... this was a hard team for me to do because honestly there wasn't much I could do with the team barring what other people have done, so coming up with that unique green was my contribution.... Dinky Dalton turns out to be a hard well to tap for potential ideas, barring anything else I'll be taking a break for a week and then I'll be posting more one offs to build up the numbers))

On 9/19/2022 at 4:20 PM, WideRight said:

I like the new color scheme.  The darkening is a logical step as tastes moved that way from the 90's into the 2000's.   Not sure about the black alternate.  I get the rationale, but not sure it works with the green & blue. 

Sorry I just got back from a week's holiday.

Do you think a grey alt would work or something else? Because I was literally stumped at how to make a dark green and dark blue uniform set work?

Anyway I'll come back to the Gunslingers Alt later... I figured it's time to move onto the first of the oneshots and i've been so focused in the North that I figured I would go South and back to the NFC because well you know it's been ages... and onto the first of these alts and change has to come to New Orleans at some point given the success of Tampa Bay's Chrome so they had their own ideas.

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

AMWts8CVFrK43g3J5rjy_7HbKWEfjXimLL5MIhlY

AMWts8By13duitlaLm025MvmkUKyJB4ocbTafJe2

IRL The Saints have finally embraced the Black Helmet... but they did it wrong and it mires the color rush uniform, here what I did was introduce the Saints new Chrome Gold and use the color rush as the base and do a B/G/B and a B/W/B.. a reverse of what i did with the G/B/G and the G/W/G.

I am bracing for some sort of backlash because the Saints have a good look and me reversing that is going to ruffle collars.

• Like 1

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy's What if The NFL and USFL had Merged? thread **Part XXIII: The New Orleans Saints**

Next up in the thread is a team like a leopard... it never changes.

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

AMWts8CgDHalh4WGULsKdka3hUX9Z1tyULkBfA53

AMWts8AT1TToyokYv-cphSjxuKZi7AMDRL8kpKc6

AMWts8D9tSV7Mpx6B4ca2L2OexNmEMCHw8Ah1lhJ

The Colts after the failed city swap became the stoic, easily looked team in the league.... with Irsay trying to keep Indianapolis from tearing his tenure apart, he kept the colors of the Baltimore Colts with him and he never darked that blue either.... not even when they had that minor reform in 2020, in fact Colt Black was somewhat accepted by a fanbase that was nearly scorned.

Thankfully Peyton Manning calmed them down as he led them to a Super Bowl against the 💩ty Bears in 2006

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy's What if The NFL and USFL had Merged? thread **Part XXIV: The Indianapolis Colts**

Next up is the Atlanta Falcons... a team that botched their rebranding into something distasteful, flashy and chrome-like... in this universe, they decided to modernise their early years look.

ATLANTA FALCONS

AMWts8CAuPw6kPPxpbBSVMbK1XsgwrM3S4kt5Xzt

AMWts8BlCKELc6t3djSsMDwNkq_i3qkaUCkXthIy

The new red uniforms contains an off white that is almost shiny like silver and it shows off the supposed 'swag' of the Dirty Birds... retaining the classic black look is the team's alt.

• Like 2

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy's What if The NFL and USFL had Merged? thread **Part XXV: The Atlanta Falcons**

Next team to post and this one I decided to merge two eras of good football into one new look.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

AMWts8BUpfW8EV87lW2rhPyVz1jdarjfgpeNoiNe

AMWts8CF7065rTBzWxVfzmS8koHrdmI1AYt2TjQk

Take the base complex of the Pat Patriots and merge them with the Flying Elvis and you get a W/N/W, W/W/N with a W/R/W alt.... white face Elvis does take a lot to getting used to IIRC.

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy's What if The NFL and USFL had Merged? thread **Part XXVI: The New England Patriots**

The Patriots in this timeline aren't the dominating team that they are in ours... they lost Superbowls to the Carolina Panthers twice, lost that Super Bowl to Seattle and they still lost Super Bowls to Eli Manning's Giants.

They have however...

Defeated St Louis Cardinals in 2001
Defeated Philadelphia Eagles in 2004
Defeated Atlanta Falcons in 2016
Defeated LA Rams in 2018

Rightfully the most Super Bowl wins go to the Steelers with 6.

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy's What if The NFL and USFL had Merged? thread **Part XXVII: The New England Patriots**

Well... time for controversy in this alternate timeline. Washington didn't rename themselves the Commanders... no they went with the fan favourite option.

WASHINGTON PIGSKINS
AMWts8Com_dOBM64VZsPXUeBOsI2zw0QIVuCuxRN

AMWts8B8lL2O20shqLd_tDTSBIZYATOOKmw22I4X

AMWts8DSSXDt0706oVrCoU_nFm8s25wgQ3fC7xTF

Yes I went with Pigskins because of the following...

The team is no longer owned by Dan Synder, he was ousted and was replaced by a fan consortium fronted by a Native American owner who wanted to keep the spirit of the team in the most well known fan name of the team.

The team plays in Virginia in a very swanky and high profiled stadium of around 80,000

Those that complained about the team name were given permanent black listings... the list is VERY long.

With that being said, I recreated the original one season Yellow helmets with P's instead of R's for that up to date modern retro... the logo is half a pigskin football with the three Super Bowl wins... the feather is symbolic.

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy's What if The NFL and USFL had Merged? thread **Part XXVIII: The Washington Pigskins**