ASL Reborn: American Soccer League (Alternate History) (13/18: Vegas Football Club)

XenonDesigns

• XenonDesigns changed the title to ASL Reborn: American Soccer League (Alternate History) (9/18: Austin/Houston Aztecs)

Olympic Club Los Angeles

The ASL had been slowly expanding further west from their original base in the northeast but did not have any west coast clubs until 1960. The Chicago Stars were slowly falling off in their market due to the success of their co-stadium rival Chicago Wanderers. Stars ownership were approved to move to Los Angeles and created Olympic Club Los Angeles. The name Olympic fit LA well and was inspired by French teams of Marseille and Lyon, 

Olympic Club was initially the most successful in Los Angeles until Libertad built themselves a dynasty and a massive fanbase. The OCLA/Libertad rivalry is extremely contentious and violence between fans, sometimes based on xenophobia, is not uncommon.

7Em2rFY.png

O8AVAOz.png

e5u2Qo0.png

• Like 5

sigsgsg.png.dd2c63fee3388b4132af271cae3c34b5.png

• XenonDesigns changed the title to ASL Reborn: American Soccer League (Alternate History) (10/18: Olympic Club Los Angeles)
On 8/31/2022 at 7:29 PM, raysox said:

Oh I adore these stadiums. GREAT work, man.

On 9/1/2022 at 9:28 PM, GrayJ12 said:

I agree. The level of dedication with creating these stadiums and these units is amazing. I love this. 

Thanks so much!!

On 9/1/2022 at 7:24 PM, StaatsBrett said:

Does Wisconsin have a team in this universe

Not sure yet, maybe Milwaukee a second division team?

Internationals (San Diego)

We've just about covered all the most successful clubs in the ASL so most of the remaining teams, including Internationals, are typically mid-table. San Diego would probably be equivalent to a club like West Ham, usually in the top half but not often challenging for the title. But, with the way I've structured the ASL, they can still win the Lewis Cup and the league title tends to have more parity (perhaps as a result of a loose salary cap?). So, they have won the league in 2004 and the Lewis Cup in 2012.

The new stadium is a result of the Chargers leaving town, a deal was struck between ownership and the city etc. etc... It is one of my favorites so far with the hanging scoreboard.

UpYuuFj.png

e9mO3D0.png

vPT3obj.png
edit: just realized the crest reads 1980 but the actual founding was before that. Will change

On 9/4/2022 at 10:42 PM, TrueYankee26 said:

OLA and CL sounds like the American version of Celtic and Rangers without the sectarianism lol

BTW a team from North Jersey in this?

I love the history of the Old Firm so I had to include a distinct rivalry like that somewhere. Newark had a club which folded in 1940, but not before they won 1 league title. NYFC would likely represent most of NJ today...

• Like 5

• XenonDesigns changed the title to ASL Reborn: American Soccer League (Alternate History) (11/18: San Diego Internationals)
  • XenonDesigns changed the title to ASL Reborn: American Soccer League (Alternate History) (12/18: A.C. San Francisco)

A.C. San Francisco

Similar to the NY Giants leaving for SF, NY Nationals also vacated the Polo Grounds for the Bay Area.

Mission St. Stadium might be a bit unrealistic in terms of the urban layout of the city but the concept of a small ground nestled directly within a city block was too enticing. 

IpbyExQ.png

fMUMWMY.png

NfJoEIH.png

I've been trying to get away from having so many red color schemes but I think this one was unavoidable...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, XenonDesigns said:

A.C. San Francisco

Similar to the NY Giants leaving for SF, NY Nationals also vacated the Polo Grounds for the Bay Area.

Mission St. Stadium might be a bit unrealistic in terms of the urban layout of the city but the concept of a small ground nestled directly within a city block was too enticing. 

IpbyExQ.png

fMUMWMY.png

NfJoEIH.png

I've been trying to get away from having so many red color schemes but I think this one was unavoidable...

You could of gone Golden Gate FC and had the colours of Gold, Yellow and Red?

Other than that i can't fault it.

• Like 1

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

Vegas Football Club

Vegas...pretty straight forward design. I wanted to find a way to incorporate the diamond shape for the city's gaming industry as well as the star from the iconic welcome sign. Doing so also allowed me to add a "V". The gold color I took from the Golden Knights because it's simply one of my favorites shades...the star red star on the black background evokes the nightlife and the other upside down "V" is just for symmetry. 

In terms of the club itself, there isn't much to say beyond what I wrote beneath. The stadium of course needed a large canopy, plenty of suites and a unique wrap-around LED scoreboard just for fun.

weysan6.png

o5DWnyD.png

OPANndl.png

• Like 7

• XenonDesigns changed the title to ASL Reborn: American Soccer League (Alternate History) (13/18: Vegas Football Club)
On 8/25/2022 at 1:09 AM, XenonDesigns said:

CBS5ZGz.png

On 9/1/2022 at 12:51 AM, XenonDesigns said:

isW96Bf.png

On 9/12/2022 at 1:46 AM, XenonDesigns said:

weysan6.png

Interesting designs and work.

My favorite logos are NY (the letters being part of the shape, topped of by the iconic skyscraper) and Vegas (the later thanks to retro futurism / googie-style)

Love the Aztecs colorway too.