Raysox's NFL concepts - Ravens

raysox

The cardinals have the worst uniforms in the NFL, one of the relics of the mid-2000s that refuses to die. I'm a big fan in the minor modern updates for uniforms like Minnesota, Cincinnati, and the Chargers have done. So that was my thinking for making the Cardinals have a simple refresh while trying to push the brand forward.

Would love to hear your thoughts!
NFL-Cardinals-ALL.png

• Like 15

Now that is an amazing update for the cards jerseys, and I agree with ur take in the minor updates that have recently been coming out. 

I do remember ur old series about updating all NFL logos and jerseys, kinda curious about what ur Cardinals logo would look like in those jerseys

Either way, a real amazing set and something the cards should definitely look to do

• Like 1

Quick little update to the Cardinals concept. I ended up fixing the collar striping to match the cuffs, and I noticed an inconsistency with the white pants striping. Also added decals to the helmet, something I noticed was missing when I did.....

The Commanders are weird. I love their helmet but think the rest of the uniform leaves a lot to be desired. I understand they want to distance themselves from the old brand, but I think they could do that with the color combination they were using. I don't think this is ground breaking but using the DC flag stripe could have been such a small win on the side panels. 

The color rush uniform may be my favorite, weirdly enough. Them having a black alternate stinks. I was thinking yellow like Minnesota uses, or maybe a grey. But the grey I started with felt flat and clashed with the colors. I was struggling to fix it, and decided to go with a more sandy-grey to lean into the warmer colors the Commies use.

NFL-Commanders-ALL.png

• Like 9
  • Love 1

• raysox changed the title to Raysox's NFL concepts - AZ fix, WSH debut
22 hours ago, raysox said:

The cardinals have the worst uniforms in the NFL, one of the relics of the mid-2000s that refuses to die. I'm a big fan in the minor modern updates for uniforms like Minnesota, Cincinnati, and the Chargers have done. So that was my thinking for making the Cardinals have a simple refresh while trying to push the brand forward.

Would love to hear your thoughts!
NFL-Cardinals-ALL.png

I like the subtle use of the flag in the sleeves. Not a fan of the black alternate, but that's just because I think black alternates need to die for most teams. It works for the color scheme you have here, but I feel like Arizona could do better

ZUH86xc.png

28 minutes ago, johne9109 said:

I like the subtle use of the flag in the sleeves. Not a fan of the black alternate, but that's just because I think black alternates need to die for most teams. It works for the color scheme you have here, but I feel like Arizona could do better

that one kind of felt like a layup. I think the Cards have black in their brand enough to pull it off without being BFBS, unlike a team like the Vikings would. Kind of reminded me of those black 49ers alts a few years ago. This is one of the few concepts i've done for an Arizona without turquoise. That may be fun to try, but in terms of a main color black was the best option IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raysox said:

Quick little update to the Cardinals concept. I ended up fixing the collar striping to match the cuffs, and I noticed an inconsistency with the white pants striping. Also added decals to the helmet, something I noticed was missing when I did.....

The Commanders are weird. I love their helmet but think the rest of the uniform leaves a lot to be desired. I understand they want to distance themselves from the old brand, but I think they could do that with the color combination they were using. I don't think this is ground breaking but using the DC flag stripe could have been such a small win on the side panels. 

The color rush uniform may be my favorite, weirdly enough. Them having a black alternate stinks. I was thinking yellow like Minnesota uses, or maybe a grey. But the grey I started with felt flat and clashed with the colors. I was struggling to fix it, and decided to go with a more sandy-grey to lean into the warmer colors the Commies use.

NFL-Commanders-ALL.png

Love the main two sets, though  I think a white set of pants would also be cool.  Not sure about the alt greys, seems unnecesary, but I am a guy who finds it annoying for teams to have uniforms that do not use team colors (The Oregon Effect, though it is fine for soccer since that is the historical tendency).  The shoulder treatment is great, though I might recommend that the white jersey have white sleevecaps, because that extra maroon stripe seems unneeded. 

1 hour ago, WideRight said:

Love the main two sets, though  I think a white set of pants would also be cool.  Not sure about the alt greys, seems unnecesary, but I am a guy who finds it annoying for teams to have uniforms that do not use team colors (The Oregon Effect, though it is fine for soccer since that is the historical tendency).  The shoulder treatment is great, though I might recommend that the white jersey have white sleevecaps, because that extra maroon stripe seems unneeded. 

Thanks for the comments! I actually had those thoughts while building this.

My original plan was to have the pants be yellow, white, and maroon going left to right (with the implication to mix and match), but didn't like how it looked with the grey set. Think of that as their color rush uniform. I think the maroon pants are implied lmao. As for the sleeve caps, I originally thought that too but the white jersey sleeves would mimic the DC flag one for one and that ruled out in my mind.

If they were Washington Football Team still, i'd have gone yellow. But being all fake patriotic kind of tipped the scales towards a military alternate.

6 hours ago, tigers said:

Why doesn't the Football Team use Yellow or a similar shade for their third?

14 hours ago, raysox said:

If they were Washington Football Team still, i'd have gone yellow. But being all fake patriotic kind of tipped the scales towards a military alternate.

I'm sure if you looked you could find 100 yellow alternates for them on this board

• Like 1

I don't think it's a hot take to say the Ravens have busy numbers on otherwise a simple uniform. Obvious gripes with the black pants and black socks, but for the most part they've been the same since their inception.

I was inspired last year with an idea to shift more towards a dark and moody Ravens brand, inspired by the social media graphics from recent years. The numbers are germanic in nature but feature a small gradient where numbers overlap. The striping pattern is inspired by the state flag of Maryland.
NFL-Ravens-ALL.png

Baltimore-Ravens-New.png

• Like 12

• raysox changed the title to Raysox's NFL concepts - Ravens

This series looks great so far!

The Cardinals set is really nice. I always tend to imagine them with a more “rounded” font, but the unique block works well for them too.

The Commanders set is a definite upgrade, as well. I’d maybe like to see it with their new number font, and I’d love to see you try your hand at the alternate being black, since the facemask is still black.

The Ravens look great, I always love the idea of them being primarily purple & black with a little bit of red, with gold being basically eliminated. The number font with the shadows is super cool, that’s gotta be my favorite part. I am curious what it would look like if you went with a font more closely inspired by the image you referenced, as I’ve always felt that font could work really well on the jerseys.

I’m looking forward to hopefully seeing more teams from you!

• Love 1