World Cup discussion

Ez Street

Ok,

Canada vs. Czech Rep.

USA vs. Finland

So, Who do you like. I want logical discussion here, please put your bias aside. Will it be a rematch between the Canucks and Yanks. Or will it be the nightmare of North Americans an all Europe final.

World Cup Final Pick:

Canada vs. Finland

Canada skates that thing they are calling a "CUP".

Weigh in with your thoughts.

for the semifinals, Canada should beat the Czechs to a pulp, Jagr and Co. think they can just turn it on whenever they feel like it, and Canada will make them pay for it. Finland vs teh USA, could go either way, but i'll predict us in an upset.

the final will be USA-Canada, but the Canadians will win. They've been doing the little things all the way through, they've been playing the right way: as a TEAM, and Brodeur's just been Brodeur (translation: too good to possibly lose here). i said this in the DP, and I stand by it.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

finland will smack the american team like the bitch that they are. no 4 goals from tkachuk, no boot on back wards on a horse, no none of that stuff.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

It's going to be a good final four, Canada/FInland doesn't sound like a likely final, but would be cool if it happened.

The US/Finland game I can see as going either way. As for Canada/Czech, I thnk Canada is just running on all cylanders right now, and the Czech's beter be on hteir A game.

I find it interesting though that Mario hasn't been able ot dent th twine yet, even skating with Iginla nd Sakic...St. Louis/Richards/Gange line is just awesome, those are the guys they'll want to focus on on, and Marty Brodeur is just awesome out there

I find it interesting though that Mario hasn't been able ot dent th twine yet, even skating with Iginla nd Sakic...St. Louis/Richards/Gange line is just awesome, those are the guys they'll want to focus on on, and Marty Brodeur is just awesome out there

I'd have to say that Mario's lack of goals is partly because he has such great winners who are burying their shots... Mario doesn't need to be the go-to guy, and the cool thing is he's wise enough to know that, and despite that plays his tail off and sets up his wingers like only one of the top 5 all-time could.

I've never liked Brodeur (I know there's a lot of Devils fans on here, but I'm definitely not one of them)... but when it comes to representing his country, he gives 110%, and I respect that immensely.

The depth of Canada's youth is astounding. We hit rock bottom in the late 90's, but Bob Nicholson and that convention thing he held with Hockey Canada looks to have done the job. Hopefully it continues like this into the future.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

What is Brian Leetch doing on Team USA? That last shift where Finland scored backed up what I have said for years. Brian Leetch is a terrible defensemen and he is a liablity. Something has to be said when Ron Wilson is putting a guy who was a rookie last season over him (and I am a big Paul Martin fan and think he will be a star in the league, but he was a rookie last yer).

some days it's better to be lucky than good, but it was an entertaining game (despite JR sleeping for most of it :D ). Congrats to Finland, and now I'll take a quote from that eloquent wordsman, Rasheed Wallace:

both teams played hard............both teams played hard...

...both teams played hard...

,..both teams played hard...

:hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I keep forgetting to watch thgese games ESPN is doing no promotion at all for this and they are not showing anything on sportscenter, and tehy wonder why hockey has no raitings.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I keep forgetting to watch thgese games ESPN is doing no promotion at all for this and they are not showing anything on sportscenter, and tehy wonder why hockey has no raitings.

And if you did watch the games you had JR telling you that the game sucked and to urn the channel. Way to promote and teach people the way to play the game is played so they can better understand, follow, and won't see the game as boring.

:rolleyes:

No, he's the one that got away...from the Sharks at least...

no, he's a douche

why? because he left ur team to lead his new team to the cup finals, while in the process beating his old team that wouldnt give him a chance?

canada vs czech republic should be a good game, but i see us winning by 2 :flagcanada:

Archived