infrared41's Best and Worst: NFL Week 11 - 2022

Week 11 was not exactly a stellar week for uniform match ups. One great match up and a few solid match ups. Fortunately, we only had one game bad enough to make the worst list. Let's roll the tape.

BEST

1. Chiefs - Chargers: This one was a beauty. I like that the Chiefs wore all white in this one. Red pants would have looked just as good, but the old school in me loved the all white. It kind of felt like I was watching a modern AFL game in an alternate timeline. 

I2RrEx5.jpg

XuBRe0d.jpg

2. Rams - Saints: White over gold is by far the Rams best look. I love everything about these Saints throwbacks - except for the helmet being the wrong shade of gold. Imagine how good this game would have looked if the Rams were wearing their throwbacks and the Saints could figure out how to match the gold. Flawed, but solid match up.

LCXBkvg.jpg

3. Cowboys - Vikings: This match up looked a whole lot better back in the 70's, but it's still pretty good today. As I said a few weeks back, I like the Vikings uniforms a little less every time I see them. They still look good, but they're already looking a little dated.

iGRFmoc.jpg

4. Eagles - Colts: I think the Eagles in all white would have taken this game from OK to pretty damned good. Or maybe lose the black socks. Anyway, I've seen worse.

6HWYe7P.jpg

WORST

1. Jets - Patriots: Speaking of match ups that looked a lot better in the 70s. Note to New England - make the silver pants your full time look. Used to be that the Jets were always in the running for the best list. Now there is literally no chance of them ever making the best list. Guess we'll try again when the five years are up on their current disaster of a uniform.

dsjWW21.jpg

That's it for this week. We'll do it all again next week. Hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

• Like 4

BB52Big.jpg

40 minutes ago, AnPheitseog said:

I am SHOCKED bengals steelers didnt make the worst list.

It came close. The main reason it didn't is because there are aspects of each uniform that I like. I'd love to see the Steelers wear those jerseys with either white or gold pants and stripes to match to the jersey stripes. My biggest issue with the Bengals is the orange outline on the nameplate. I think a black jersey with that set would look really good. Long story short, while I wasn't crazy about that game, I didn't think it was entirely awful either. There's a really good uniform match up in there somewhere.

41 minutes ago, AnPheitseog said:

Was messenging @Jer15 during the game and thought it was a shoein.

You guys were discussing my lists in real life? That's so cool. I'm honored.

48 minutes ago, AnPheitseog said:

I like the black socks, because the alternative seems to be all white tights and not a fan. but yet, fully see your point.

Black topped white socks would have worked.

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

I thought the Eagles green pants saved that game.  All white wouldn't have been enough color for me - would have been blue/white vs white.  The black socks were a bit much.  Had they worn traditional black socks with white bottoms instead of solid black, it would have moved that game up to #2 on my list (nothing was beating your #1.)

Here's how it looked with them in solid white socks (as far as I can tell, only one player wore these.)  Not as good as solid black IMO, but neither is as good as the old-style half black / half white.

1443065285.jpg?resize=2048,1365

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

@infrared41 To your point about the Saints, I’ve been texting any of my friends who will listen all week about why the Saints need to go back to their original shade of gold. I did a somewhat quick edit on my phone, using the shade of gold directly taken from their pants and recolored the helmet. Man, does that original gold look beautiful!

Original:spacer.png

Corrected:

spacer.png

• Like 6
  • Love 5

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

10 hours ago, infrared41 said:

You guys were discussing my lists in real life? That's so cool. I'm honored.

Busch Beer GIF by Busch

The amount of time we spend talking about socks would actually shock you, lol. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

1 hour ago, Chawls said:

@infrared41 To your point about the Saints, I’ve been texting any of my friends who will listen all week about why the Saints need to go back to their original shade of gold. I did a somewhat quick edit on my phone, using the shade of gold directly taken from their pants and recolored the helmet. Man, does that original gold look beautiful!

Original:

Corrected:

spacer.png

Now that looks fantastic.

BB52Big.jpg