2023-24 NHL Jersey Changes

Chewbacca

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

Putting the actual drop-shadowed and layered letters on the logo could be too busy, but what about single-layer white, like so?

9sqZF4l.jpg

Objectively it probably looks better, but it's just so jarring to see a new font on this logo that I really don't know what to think of this.

16 hours ago, ruttep said:

Here's the marketing spiel if anyone wants to read it:

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

I....l-like it??? Like...a lot???

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Just now, AstroCree said:

I don't see this lasting long. I'll be shocked if it goes past 2 seasons. 

I really wonder if this lasts past this season. I know the NHL said that Fanatics will be using the same factories to make the on-ice jerseys, but I haven't heard anything on whether they're changing the template. The last two times they changed templates (2007-08 and 2017-18), they played a season without alternates before allowing them the season after.

27 minutes ago, ruttep said:

I really wonder if this lasts past this season. I know the NHL said that Fanatics will be using the same factories to make the on-ice jerseys, but I haven't heard anything on whether they're changing the template. The last two times they changed templates (2007-08 and 2017-18), they played a season without alternates before allowing them the season after.

oh wow I actually forgot about the Fanatics takeover. 

God help us all. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

XM4KeeA.png

3 hours ago, AstroCree said:

I don't see this lasting long. I'll be shocked if it goes past 2 seasons. 

Unless the rules have changed, I believe it's 3 years before you can make a change or ditch an alternate altogether.

Fanatics has said everything will be the same for the time being as far as the template, though the materials might be a little different.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/35906901/everything-need-know-nhl-fanatics-jersey-deal

Taste will forever be subjective(and for the record, I think this is the worst jersey the Rangers have worn in my time on Earth,) but I want to point out how this is just straight-up poor design, and I'm not even talking about the sleeves. Look at the end of the video, with regular folks wearing it. The "C" or "A" barely fits on the front. Now, if it came out of the Dolanverse that the crest absolutely had to be that big, then do something creative like the Sabres with their mullet jersey and turn that lettering into a shoulder patch. But no, there it remains, barely fitting on the front and helpfully pointing out to the world how the crest is too big. Maybe they can make it out of Fanatics' revolutionary "foldable" material for the on-ice version.

Also, this thread has shown me Rangers fans are the hockey equivalent of Chicago Bears fans. Which makes sense when I think about it, as most are likely Knicks fans as well.

• Like 2
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

17 hours ago, AstroCree said:

oh wow I actually forgot about the Fanatics takeover. 

God help us all. 

It sounds like there’s many talented artists swapping from Adidas to Fanatics, and we’ll probably see some decent new sweaters, (and some duds too, but everyone has had both.) So from a what’s-on-the-ice stand point, I less worried about Fanatics. 

But of course buying any new jerseys, or any other retail item from them is going to be awful. 🙄

• Like 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

2 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

It sounds like there’s many talented artists swapping from Adidas to Fanatics, and we’ll probably see some decent new sweaters, (and some duds too, but everyone has had both.) So from a what’s-on-the-ice stand point, I less worried about Fanatics. 

But of course buying any new jerseys, or any other retail item from them is going to be awful. 🙄

As long as they dn't bring in the awful collars

5 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

Where have you heard this? That'd be pretty amazing if any of them do shift over. For the time they had the NHL, adidas has probably done the best in terms of visual design and actual garment construction with the fit, finish, and fabric materials. (Well, minus the VGK gold fabric...it's still a tidbit too abrasive to the skin, but the actual look of the fabric, which was also used for the bronze on the Caps' Screagle RRs, is pretty nice up close.)

That said, the absolute second the NHL season is over, that's when I intend to cash in on what at that point should be big-time discounted stock and inventory. 😀

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

14 hours ago, tBBP said:

Where have you heard this? That'd be pretty amazing if any of them do shift over. For the time they had the NHL, adidas has probably done the best in terms of visual design and actual garment construction with the fit, finish, and fabric materials.

Eric Bodamer, known around here when you and I were mere tots as ebod39, posted last week that he was making the jump.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

5 hours ago, JohnnyCowboy5 said:

GAgyzI0XoAArtoR?format=jpg&name=small

Should they be finned?

No, I think any unnecessary protrusions from the uniforms would simply add another safety hazard to what is already a very dangerous sport.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1