2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

30 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

I doubt Nike or the NBA would cut down the uniform rotation, but I could see them changing the prompt from city/local-inspired looks to something else.

Which they KINDA tried doing with the NBA's 75th anniversary.

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Can someone tell me why Cavs and Jazz have NOB below the numbers? I understand Hawks and Warriors, because it might be something which is a nod to 70's, Thunder also utilize that in their statements but Cavs and Jazz? On the other hand 5 teams with NOB below numbers is a record I guess.

BTW. Lockervision is now updated over 23/24 season and two insteresting thing about it.

First, now jerseys are presented without a sponsor patches. Second, Rockets alternate are not updated over red trims.

3 hours ago, kimball said:

Portland Trail Blazers (When are we going to get a completely plaid jersey? It's a matter of time.  It's a fun design and tie into team history, it works as a City Jersey).

They've already had that in 17/18 season.

portland-trail-blazers-2017-18-city-jers

55 minutes ago, kimball said:

I'm not sure if that's sarcasm or not ...

Oh c'mon, most of 75th Remix uniforms was truly amazing, best batch of City without a doubt.

Anyway I'd like to see a comeback of Rewind.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

4r2eer.png

11 hours ago, BlazerBlaze said:

Yikes, event the Hawks have a bad set this year. I'm not quite sure what this is suppose to evoke.

Another show on cable no one watches?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Oh c'mon, most of 75th Remix uniforms was truly amazing, best batch of City without a doubt.

MOST? We were watching the same games right?  The only teams that knocked it out the park that year with their City Jerseys were the Pelicans, Grizzlies, Jazz, Suns and Thunder. 

• Huh? 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 4

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, kimball said:

MOST? We were watching the same games right?  The only teams that knocked it out the park that year with their City Jerseys were the Pelicans, Grizzlies, Jazz, Suns and Thunder

You look me in the eyes and tell me that this jersey was good. It's only saved from the absolute bottom because of Miami's serial killer set.

bazley-shai-giddey-robinsonearl-2022-cro

• Like 7

the user formerly known as cdclt

4 hours ago, kimball said:

MOST? We were watching the same games right?  The only teams that knocked it out the park that year with their City Jerseys were the Pelicans, Grizzlies, Jazz, Suns and Thunder. 

Yes, most. Look at the graphic posted by @SantosD_. Suns and Jazz not had new uniforms in that year.

4r2eer.png

Quick thoughts on all of them (I know they are pretty much all unnecessary):

Good:

Milwaukee, Utah, Dallas, San Antonio

Almost Good (I like the idea/design/colors but there are things I would change):

Minnesota, Charlotte, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Washington

Boring:

Detroit, Atlanta, Houston, Orlando

Redundant (Not really boring or bad, but repeats of what we've seen already):

Cleveland, Boston, Toronto, New York, Sacramento, Portland

Bad (Essentially ugly but kind of interesting):

Brooklyn, Indiana, LA Lakers

Irredeemable:

Chicago, Denver, Golden State, LA Clippers, Miami, Oklahoma City, Memphis

20 hours ago, CDCLT said:

You look me in the eyes and tell me that this jersey was good. It's only saved from the absolute bottom because of Miami's serial killer set.

bazley-shai-giddey-robinsonearl-2022-cro

Fair. It's not good, but at least the elements are cohesive unlike the NBA 75 jerseys. 

17 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Yes, most. Look at the graphic posted by @SantosD_. Suns and Jazz not had new uniforms in that year.

Exactly my point. They didn't participate in the NBA 75 theming and stuck with a previous City jersey that's why they're on the list with the Pelicans, Grizzlies and Thunder.

Ideally, every team should have had a throwback. I love what the NHL has done with the Reverse Retro sweaters. I am sure the NBA probably would have done something similar (and they still should try it), but I am sure since they didn't want to CTRL + C + CTRL + P they got too creative with the jerseys.

The differing elements may work better on some jerseys than others, but for the most part their ugly and a visual mess. I'm glad my Jazz didn't go along with the program. 

• Huh? 1

take aways from opening night: 

-it’s a shame that the nuggets didn’t bring back the unis they won the championship in. especially now that we know what they’ll be replaced by this season. i dont hate their statement unis but i think it would have held some more value if they just wore their regular icon/asc. jerseys that they've worn for years up to the championship.

-i will never stop complaining about that weird stripe the suns have on the side of their shorts. it looked minor in earlier images but in game it’s even worse. considering how we naturally watch basketball from the side view i don’t like the fact that i’ve inevitably seen that ugly stripe more than i’ve seen anything sunburst

Edited by pelicanfan
  • Like 2

Far as the Bucks go, I would've preferred lime green over more blue...and why do these look like a blue version of the Sonics?  Go home Nike, you're drunk and out of good ideas RN.

The Rockets....I see the nod to Phi Slama Jama....and I also see what is two side stripes away from a Clippers throwback.  Reiterating that Nike should sleep off the hangover.

• Like 5

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

People talk about how weird NBA uniforms are now but I'm remembering that this dates back to 2006 when they had teams playing in Europe for a few years they gave them special uniforms with the countries flag and colors. The photos below are just a few examples of how weird and stupid it got.

fullgetty71797830gs008_nba_europe_4_17_1

1760357301_ad1af7a0d0_o.jpg

410b_lg.jpeg

minnesota-timberwolves-2007-08-europe-li

• Like 4
  • Love 2

bSLCtu2.png

13 hours ago, kimball said:

Fair. It's not good, but at least the elements are cohesive unlike the NBA 75 jerseys. 

That OKC was a 75th Remix too.

11 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

the Noah Lyles agenda lives on

Lives on , because he is right and if he isnt't then remind me who's won Mavs-Real game?

4r2eer.png