2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

4 minutes ago, DJT said:

Not good. But first city edition for next season has been released.

Hideous, looks like a 4 year old splattered a bunch of paint all over the wall. 

There was this reply in the comments though, which would've made it somewhat better.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

1 hour ago, DJT said:

Not good. But first city edition for next season has been released.

Oh I can’t wait for the designer speak that attempts to explain this garbage. 

“This is an artistic homage honoring the characters and contributions to the world provided by New York’s own, Sesame Street” 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
NYCdog.png

so I live in Brooklyn not too far from the arena and I’m 38, black and kinda “urban” 

I’ve realize this thread is filled with people “not” like me.

You guys cry and whine anything different and too loud. I knew from when I first saw it that when I came in here it’s gonna be a bunch of crybaby nonsense. 

I LOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEE THIS JERSEY.

what do you guys want another black/white Jersey that is almost identical to every other jersey that the Net has?!?! 

remember this is a “city” jersey not the barn rural antiquated jersey.

its audacious and bold and I think it’s FIRE.

Keep crying guys, things are gonna get more different going forward 😭 

• Like 14
  • Love 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Meh 1
  • Yawn 5
  • Hate 1
  • Facepalm 1

The only thing I know about KAWS is he did art for that one NYMag article about a kid who shared some girls nudes and got called out for it which somehow is cancel culture and everyone dunked on it for a day in the twittersphere. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

12 hours ago, andregunts said:

so I live in Brooklyn not too far from the arena and I’m 38, black and kinda “urban” 

I’ve realize this thread is filled with people “not” like me.

You guys cry and whine anything different and too loud. I knew from when I first saw it that when I came in here it’s gonna be a bunch of crybaby nonsense. 

I LOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEE THIS JERSEY.

what do you guys want another black/white Jersey that is almost identical to every other jersey that the Net has?!?! 

remember this is a “city” jersey not the barn rural antiquated jersey.

its audacious and bold and I think it’s FIRE.

Keep crying guys, things are gonna get more different going forward 😭 

As a black 31 year old person also from an urban area they should have went with something similar to what the Mavs had in 2019-20 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Dislike 6

KAWS is a pretty big name in certain circles where art and streetwear and hip-hop mix. I tend to think of him as “what if Jeff Koons was a hanger-on of Kid Cudi” which I do intend as an insult. That said, it’s a logical collab for a jersey with this team and, wordmark aside, I like the end result. Surprised more NBA teams haven’t tried a full jersey print a la soccer jerseys (or the 90s) …yet.

• Like 1

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Ok so since we have new thread there is a thing which curious me. All Star Weekend will be in Indiana and since Indiana supposed to host that in 2021 main uniforms were already used but there wasn't Rising Stars that year. Moving forward Rising Stars change format in 2022 so here are 3 options:

1. Slightly redesigned original RS unis to adapt to new format.

2. Exact unis that was prepared for 2021, because maybe NBA planned to introduce new format in that year but because cancelled the game they went with USA-World squads.

3. Completely new uniforms

@Conrad. do you have any insider informations about that?

4r2eer.png

I hate these half-assed street jerseys (Nets, Mavs) where the wordmark is unique but the numbers and players name is the standard team font.  It just doesn't go.  Yet the Mavs newest city jersey has a custom number font.  If you're gonna go street, go all the way.  Surely there is a name and number font that is readable but still fits the design.

• Like 2

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

51 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

sadly, i do not

as for 2023/24 info, here's a nibble...3 teams are getting new main uniforms, 2 teams updating Statements, and 4 teams will have Classic unis.

I’m guessing/assuming what the Jazz unveiled for 2023-24 during this past summer would fall into both the updated statement and new classic edition categories (new purple mountain alt and the Pistol Pete throwbacks)? 

• Like 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

53 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

sadly, i do not

as for 2023/24 info, here's a nibble...3 teams are getting new main uniforms, 2 teams updating Statements, and 4 teams will have Classic unis.

Magic way overdue, and celebrating year 35, could very well have a new set AND a retro!

• Like 6

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Conrad. said:

sadly, i do not

PleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePlease

8 x 10 Color Glossy Photo: Troy Hudson - Minnesota Timberwolves | eBay

• Like 12

image-2023-06-05-005249976.png