2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

The league just needs consistency. Teams should be forced to designate a certain jersey for home and away that they must wear for 75% of those games. The Bucks being a green at home team is fine, and i think they should make that their home look,  they just need to wear it consistently.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, GoGreenGoWhite said:

The league just needs consistency. Teams should be forced to designate a certain jersey for home and away that they must wear for 75% of those games. The Bucks being a green at home team is fine, and i think they should make that their home look,  they just need to wear it consistently.

I also think Statement jerseys should just be a recolor of the Association/Icon editions. Save the out there designs for the City editions.

• Like 6
  • Yawn 1

3 hours ago, tscuzzy said:

Love how the NBA playoffs are a complete free-for-all with no logic or order to the choice of uniforms game-to-game, and then you have Bucks-Pacers where both teams are wearing the exact same jersey for the first four games of the series. The lack of consistency is maddening.

I don't mind the Pacers/Bucks color vs. color match-ups, but yeah ... there needs to be some general playoff rules in the NBA.

• No City or Throwback Editions during the playoffs.
  • No Association (or white) Edition worn by the road team.
  • Color vs. Color is cool during the first couple of rounds. 
  • Conference and NBA Finals should be strictly White at Home and Color on Road. 
  • Like 6
  • Eyeroll 1

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 4/19/2024 at 8:17 AM, Germanshepherd said:

Only 2 out of 7 games having an actual team name on the jersey. 

The playoffs are BACK. 

Can’t believe we’d have to see those 5280 atrocities in a game seven. Adam Silver is an idiot when it comes to branding. How come no one ever tries to emulate the NFL when it’s the gold standard on branding? Can you imagine the Packers wearing a bright yellow CHEESEHEADS jersey in a playoff game? No, because they aren’t idiots.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

35 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

Can’t believe we’d have to see those 5280 atrocities in a game seven. Adam Silver is an idiot when it comes to branding. How come no one ever tries to emulate the NFL when it’s the gold standard on branding? Can you imagine the Packers wearing a bright yellow CHEESEHEADS jersey in a playoff game? No, because they aren’t idiots.

The NFL also has a more restrictive rule set (for the most part) when it comes to alternate uniforms. So there is that. While the NBA can wear the alternates so many times, it does seem like teams just like to pick those ones to play with over their more streamlined uniforms.

5 hours ago, Pyromania1983 said:

Wow, we're actually getting a really great uniform matchup tonight where both teams are wearing the primary uniforms that truly represent their aesthetic identity. This is crazy lol!

XNifgTW.png

Wrong. That's messed up, the whole thing should be the other way around. The game is played in Philly, the Sixers shouldn't be wearing a colored uniform, when their court displays those colors prominently already.  Also, the Knicks shouldn't be wearing a white home uniform, and should be showcasing their colors instead playing on the road.

Other than that, for the current state of things, it is crazy, yes.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

On 4/25/2024 at 10:31 AM, WBeltz said:

The NFL also has a more restrictive rule set (for the most part) when it comes to alternate uniforms. So there is that. While the NBA can wear the alternates so many times, it does seem like teams just like to pick those ones to play with over their more streamlined uniforms.

Yeah, the laxing of the helmet design rules has me a LITTLE worried about the NFL. Rules are meant to be broken. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 4/25/2024 at 3:48 PM, truepg said:

Also, the Knicks shouldn't be wearing a white home uniform, and should be showcasing their colors instead playing on the road.

I’ve always been a supporter of home teams wearing colored jerseys for a similar reason. 

If you’re the home team you should be showcasing your colors and forcing the opposing team to wear a neutral white. Football got this right. 

However, I do favor lighter colored colors for home uniforms in basketball like the Lakers and Pacers in gold because that makes for some good, easily identifiable double color games, but if a team’s only options are black or white they should wear black at home imo.  

• Like 2

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

I think basketball teams look right with white kits at home, because it has more contrast to the court.

The exact opposite applies with hockey.

• Like 2

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

7 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

I’ve always been a supporter of home teams wearing colored jerseys for a similar reason. 

If you’re the home team you should be showcasing your colors and forcing the opposing team to wear a neutral white. Football got this right. 

However, I do favor lighter colored colors for home uniforms in basketball like the Lakers and Pacers in gold because that makes for some good, easily identifiable double color games, but if a team’s only options are black or white they should wear black at home imo.  

On top of being a clear system and an instant indicator, there's no need for the home team to be showcasing their colors to the fullest on their uniform at home, since the court and all the surroundings are already displaying it very prominently for them, down to the crowd. Let alone that the home crowd is well familiar with the local team's colors and identity. That's why the visitor is representing and making their identity to be seen as a counterforce in that overwhelmingly outside environment. In the end, it makes for a rational and pleasant watching experience.

Usually, when the home team wears their color at home, it looks like overkill for that color to be present way more than enough, and oftentimes blends in with the painted areas of the court.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

In sports where the traditional look is tops that are the same color as bottoms, WAH looks best to me. There’s not many nba or nhl teams that have better dark looks than they do white ones imo. 

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

36 minutes ago, BBTV said:

There’s not many nba or nhl teams that have better dark looks than they do white ones imo. 

Here I'd have to disagree, though. When evaluating uniforms as they are, as clean as some white ones do sometimes look, I usually find the colored counterparts to be more appealing and visually interesting.

4 hours ago, truepg said:

Here I'd have to disagree, though. When evaluating uniforms as they are, as clean as some white ones do sometimes look, I usually find the colored counterparts to be more appealing and visually interesting.

That's cool, to each their own.  Back when I was in to hockey, I really disliked when all Flyers home games became basically black and white television due to their mono-black uniforms, with the only colors coming from the visiting team's pants.  I also found teams like the Maple Leafs to have inferior home uniforms to road, given the dominance of the mono-blue, vs the nice balance of blue details on the white sweater with blue pants.  Same goes for every other team that has matching sweater/pants.

Flyers games became much more palatable once they adopted the orange throwback jersey as their home look, as they were no longer monchrome, but I'd still rather the white be home.

I don't feel nearly as strongly about NBA uniforms, though I still prefer white, and back when I had season tickets in the pre-process era, it was cool to see different visiting colors every game. 

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm curious how many of these what-unifoms-to-wear decisions are made in-house versus whatever "push" the NBA/Nike may be nudging onto teams externally...and I know this may be different for every team, but I've long wondered about that. I mean, TV exposure is promotion regardless, but still...

....Now that to the side, not one home white uniform, Denver? (And good Lord, I just realized the counters of many of those letterforms are rounded rather than squared off in certain instances...they may need to revisit that at some point.)

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||