2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

Is that a little indication that Raptors bring back Dino Purple in next season? I hope not, because even If I love Dino unis I'd prefer to see this one:

062cd21b45d3d4d76883de1e258478b6.jpg

2025 will be 25th anniversary of that legendary SDC, so let's do it and finally retire Vince number.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

4r2eer.png

On 2/18/2024 at 3:06 PM, truepg said:

Of all the things the NBA has introduced, the LED court was actually refreshingly fitting and an appropriate addition for the All-Star competitions.

Off the bat, I am a fan of the LED court for events like this. I am interested to get the opinions of fans there in the dome and players in the events. I loved the ability the court had to track scores during three point shootout and the flare added to the dunk contest and skills challenge was kind of fun.

But, with as green as the court was during the shootout I wondered if that was an issue for the players?

• Like 2

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Not sure if this fits the thread, as it’s a very minor change in the NBA; but the league quietly introduced a new shot clock in tonight’s games:

New

9HiwXBr.jpeg
Old

nzGojNZ.jpeg

Main difference is the number font and border. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

On 2/18/2024 at 7:14 PM, pepis21 said:

Is that a little indication that Raptors bring back Dino Purple in next season? I hope not, because even If I love Dino unis I'd prefer to see this one:

062cd21b45d3d4d76883de1e258478b6.jpg

2025 will be 25th anniversary of that legendary SDC, so let's do it and finally retire Vince number.

I'm not expecting any serious changes. The team seems pretty committed to red/white/black as the primary colour scheme, while keeping the purple and black/gold in the mix via the city/earned/throwback jerseys. 

As for Vince's number, I feel like fans have mostly moved on after his messy exit and his number will likely be in the rafters at some point, but they want Kyle Lowry to be the first guy. Once 7 has been retired we'll see who else gets the honour.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pepis21 said:

I'm talking about Classic uniform, becasue Raptors are eligible to have it in next season. :)

Ah ok. Yes, I'd love to see the 2nd generation purple brought back. It's probably my favourite of any uniform they've worn. The earned jersey from a couple of years ago definitely took some inspiration from it, but came across as a bland mashup of the purple era & the current chevron era.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, GoGreenGoWhite said:

The Wolves should roll with the throwbacks full time. So much more fun than their navy look. Just return to these brighter colors in some fashion please.

spacer.png

Fans agree, too. If you try to buy an Anthony Edwards jersey in this throwback, it's sold out. There's three other ugly options though. 

Come to think of it, I don't even recall seeing the Wolves play in their standard home or away uniforms this season. It's always either the grey alt, this throwback or the meh city edition. 

• Like 2

On 3/13/2024 at 11:29 AM, GoGreenGoWhite said:

The Wolves should roll with the throwbacks full time. So much more fun than their navy look. Just return to these brighter colors in some fashion please.

spacer.png

Such a clean set and fun to see them have success in them.

On 2/18/2024 at 7:14 PM, pepis21 said:

After the garbage he pulled, Toronto retiring Vince Carter's number would be one of the most spineless moves an NBA franchise has ever made. Might as well suggest the Celtics retire Kyrie's number.

• Meh 1
  • Dislike 3

10 hours ago, who do you think said:

After the garbage he pulled, Toronto retiring Vince Carter's number would be one of the most spineless moves an NBA franchise has ever made. Might as well suggest the Celtics retire Kyrie's number.

Say what now???

And um, yeah, most of Toronto got over all of that nearly a decade ago:

Aside from him singlehandedly putting the Raptors on the basketball map, think of all the Canadian hoopers that followed VC's time in Toronto. If that ain't enough of a reason to retire the man's number, I don't know what else is. 

• Like 5

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

10 hours ago, who do you think said:

I associate the Toronto with Vince Carter more than any other place he played in. I remember as a kid when he came in and it instantly made the Raptors the coolest team in the NBA even though my favorite team is the Lakers. I even sent mail to the Raptors as a kid and they mailed me back a postcard with Dee Brown's autograph on it.

• Like 4

bSLCtu2.png

On 3/13/2024 at 11:29 AM, GoGreenGoWhite said:

spacer.png

Someone has to explain this to me. All I see is a cheap version of what the Mavericks wore at the same time. The fonts don't match the ones in the logo (which don't match each other), the full team nickname doesn't fit but they didn't go with Minnesota either, I just don't get it. It looks like they ordered them from a catalogue like a suburban high school team. Was that the appeal all along?

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Dislike 4

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 minutes ago, The_Admiral said:

Someone has to explain this to me. All I see is a cheap version of what the Mavericks wore at the same time. The fonts don't match the ones in the logo (which don't match each other), the full team nickname doesn't fit but they didn't go with Minnesota either, I just don't get it. It looks like they ordered them from a catalogue like a suburban high school team. Was that the appeal all along?

probably just the colors, the unis themselves as you said were pretty forgettable

• Like 1

spacer.png

I don't get it either. The double outline blurs everything, the typeface is dull and has a weird V shape, the husky dog in the logo of that time looks like he's old and panting like a mouthbreather. Their late-90s look was corny, but much more memorable and interesting.

I still place the Wolves as a team that doesn't have a "look" that they need to own, they haven't found the perfect thing yet, so I'm fine with them being one of those teams that just rebrands every so often. Not everyone can be the Celtics or the Bulls, as I've mentioned as a hobby-horse of mine before. I think their current logo package would be more than salvageable if the core home/away uniform set didn't miss and if they hadn't forgotten about the green.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Digby said:

I don't get it either. The double outline blurs everything, the typeface is dull and has a weird V shape, the husky dog in the logo of that time looks like he's old and panting like a mouthbreather. Their late-90s look was corny, but much more memorable and interesting.

I still place the Wolves as a team that doesn't have a "look" that they need to own, they haven't found the perfect thing yet, so I'm fine with them being one of those teams that just rebrands every so often. Not everyone can be the Celtics or the Bulls, as I've mentioned as a hobby-horse of mine before. I think their current logo package would be more than salvageable if the core home/away uniform set didn't miss and if they hadn't forgotten about the green.

Agree on the throwback unis.

But I, for one, think that the Wolves had established a look of their own, which is the green tree trim pattern, first and foremost, and that grayish blue and black base colors.

• Like 2